Page 99 of 145 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2163
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    My first R Lee Ermy movie. i don't think he was acting tho. I also liked Vincent D'Onofrio in this movie.
    Wait...that was D'Onofrio?!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    IIRC, the Marine incarnation of John Stewart was based off Sgt. Emil Foley (who was a hardcore drill instructor) from the film "An Officer and a Gentleman."

That's right--

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Timm - Justice League Panel at the 2001 San Diego Comic Con View Post
    And so, just in banging around ideas of what to do with him, going back to the original idea of the Green Lantern Corps—where they’re basically Lensmen [the pulp characters created by E.E. “Doc” Smith]—they’re space cops, they’re space marines. We’re like, “Okay, he’s a military guy.” And then somebody said, “Louis Gossett Jr.—An Officer and a Gentlemen.” I said, “Yeah,” and I went, “Wait a minute—Samuel L. Jackson,” and everyone went, “Yeah!” So that’s kind of who he is. He’s a real rugged, no-nonsense, barking orders kind of Green Lantern—and we love him to pieces. We love him so much [that] he’s like in almost every episode. I predict that you guys are going to love him too.
    Source

But I see him more as a Denzel type--

BANNED

[John]: "You [Manhunter] motherf****rs will be playing basketball in Pelican Bay when I get finished with you. SHU program, n*gg*! Twenty-three-hour lockdown! I’m the man up in this piece! You’ll never see the light of day!"
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 11-05-2020 at 07:52 PM.

Extraordinary Member

SW,

Thanks for verifying!

I totally forgot where I picked that data from.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    We about to get content guys! Endless Winter week one preview

Wow!! This looks great! It feels good to have my favorite character doing action along with other Leaguers.

The artwork looks good. The coloring in those screenshots sticks out. Can't wait to read this!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Wait...that was D'Onofrio?!
    Yup. Pyle was D'Onofrio.

BANNED

Are there any character's you'd like to find out John served alongside while he was in the military? Always thought it's be cool if he knew Deadshot before either of them became supers.

Steve Trevor would be cool too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    It's nice see John Stewart making an appearance in Young Justice. To tell you the truth, I didn't expect for someone like Bendis to use John and give him a decent amount of dialogue. I guess I'm surprised, because Bendis always seemed to prefer Hal Jordan. This is a good move by Bendis. And I'm glad he used John in the issue, which means he invested into the character a bit.
    Why did you have that original thought about Bendis's preferred GL? He wrote that issue of LoSH that identified John as "the best Lantern ever."

Not to mention, he usually does a good job with black characters, writing them as well and spotlighting them as much as the white ones he writes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Why did you have that original thought about Bendis's preferred GL? He wrote that issue of LoSH that identified John as "the best Lantern ever."

Not to mention, he usually does a good job with black characters, writing them as well and spotlighting them as much as the white ones he writes.
    It's because when he first came to DC, he claimed that he's not familiar with any other Green Lanterns, other than Hal Jordan. So he used Hal Jordan often as guest appearances in his Superman titles. He's known for doing good with black characters over at Marvel and I expected him to deal with black characters here, except for characters like John (because of the reasons above). So I was a little surprised that John would have decent dialogue as a guest star. I do know John was made brief appearances on his title only because I thought he had no choice, since John is a leaguer now. But maybe he's actually fond of the character more now than ever. So that's a good sign.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

MSNBC had an interview with Jason Johnson and guess who's in the background

John!!!!!

Which is the best statue to get of his?

It's nice to see John Stewart in the background! I believe this was shown multiple of times whenever Jason Johnson gets interviewed.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    It's nice to see John Stewart in the background! I believe this was shown multiple of times whenever Jason Johnson gets interviewed.
    Yup and I never knew! I saw Leslie Johnson mention it and was surprised!

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    MSNBC had an interview with Jason Johnson and guess who's in the background

Whose the pinup model on the right ?