Page 36 of 145 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Such a fun JL issue. The art was gorgeous.

Mighty Member

2FD1F736-E9FB-42AC-A25E-2D8B1C27A6BD.jpg

A lot of people I’ve seen on Twitter claimed that this was lazy writing. But I feel like folks only feel this way b/c it’s Batman getting taken down a couple of pegs.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Love the art. Love the writing. Love how John gets focus. Love the core roster with a rotating 6th-- Reminds me of how the early X-men, Avengers, and F4 were smaller teams that developed their character but had guest stars to keep things fresh.
    The art looks good!

I agree. I'm fine with a 5 team roster having an extra leaguer getting rotated on different story arcs.

Such a fun JL issue. The art was gorgeous.
    I enjoyed reading this issue. I'm just disappointed that Robert Venditti is leaving. He's one of the few writers that seems to care about John Stewart. It's nice to see John Stewart having a strong presence in the Justice League. And when you think about it, I'm getting the impression that Robert Venditti is having John Stewart, Wonder Woman, and Superman as the Trinity on this roster. I remembered Scott Snyder saying that Martian Manhunter, Hawkgirl, and John Stewart were the Trinity characters in the Justice League. But unfortunately, that didn't happen. And those plans seemed to change unfortunately. I was upset about that, because it was just the Martian Manhunter who got all of this focus in the book. I'm glad that Robert Venditti is doing what he's doing with John in the Justice League. I appreciate what he's doing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin View Post

A lot of people I’ve seen on Twitter claimed that this was lazy writing. But I feel like folks only feel this way b/c it’s Batman getting taken down a couple of pegs.
    The usual suspects who love posting pics of Bruce “owning” the League with captions of “Batman and his ******” but really get mad when Bruce is on the receiving end. I like Stewart asserting himself, if he’s the leader let him take charge.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The usual suspects who love posting pics of Bruce “owning” the League with captions of “Batman and his ******” but really get mad when Bruce is on the receiving end. I like Stewart asserting himself, if he’s the leader let him take charge.
    I want to see John lead the Justice League for multiple issues.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

BANNED

Not lazy writing at all. It's actually very consistent with Batman often being an unhealthy, cold, manipulative INTJ control freak. That scene is kind of funny, because the 5 core Leaguers and Aquaman all have assertive, control-based personality types--Superman as INFJ, Wonder Woman as ENFJ, GL as ESTJ, Flash as ISFJ, and Aquaman as ESTP--but Batman happens to be the biggest dick about it.

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 05-14-2020 at 02:40 AM.

BANNED

Jump to 1:42--

BANNED

Jump to 2:17--

BANNED

That part of the issue reminded me of:

(Cap as ISFJ, Tony as ENTP, Thor as ESTP, Banner as INFJ, and Natasha as ISFP)

Venditti mentioned in a Newsarama article that his run is about strengthening the League for the challenges to come. I wouldn't be surprised if group dynamics revolving around control issues or judging each other play a role in major stories down the line.

I don't see John as the leader of the Justice League right now. In this issue, I saw GL, Batman, and Wonder Woman all take the lead from time-to-time. Superman saying he feels like he's carrying the team shows a hidden superiority complex, which was present in the DCAU and Red Son versions as well. This is a team filled with alphas, and that's bound to cause friction.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 05-14-2020 at 03:00 AM.

Mighty Member

That part of the issue reminded me of:

(Cap as ISFJ, Tony as ENTP, Thor as ESTP, Banner as INFJ, and Natasha as ISFP)

Venditti mentioned in a Newsarama article that his run is about strengthening the League for the challenges to come. I wouldn't be surprised if group dynamics revolving around control issues or judging each other play a role in major stories down the line.

I don't see John as the leader of the Justice League right now. In this issue, I saw GL, Batman, and Wonder Woman all take the lead from time-to-time. Superman saying he feels like he's carrying the team shows a hidden superiority complex, which was present in the DCAU and Red Son versions as well. This is a team filled with alphas, and that's bound to cause friction.
    You just made me wish that Venditti was staying long-term. Gee thanks lol.

You just made me wish that Venditti was staying long-term. Gee thanks lol.
    Yea, I wished he was staying on this book long-term. Who knows what kind of John Stewart developments he would've had in store for us.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Yea, I wished he was staying on this book long-term. Who knows what kind of John Stewart developments he would've had in store for us.
    Now some guy named Si Spurrier is taking over. I’ll wait for reviews b/c I try to stay away from names I’m not familiar with.

Now some guy named Si Spurrier is taking over. I’ll wait for reviews b/c I try to stay away from names I’m not familiar with.
    He recently wrote the Dreaming series that started in 2018, which I thought was great. I think he’s only on for one arc though, we’ll see how he does.

I'm not familiar with him either. But hopefully John doesn't become a background character. I also think that's one of the problems at DC. One writer may be interested in him, then the new writer has no interest in him, then take most of the focus away from him. This sort of reminds me when Tom Taylor took over in GLC Edge of Oblivion (garbage series btw). Cullen Bunn had John as the lead character, then Tom Taylor took over and gave John a lesser focus, because Guy Gardner is his favorite.