Page 107 of 145 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2163
    BANNED

BANNED

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 11-22-2020 at 06:29 PM.

It wasn't the best series, buy man Rafa could draw some very pretty pictures...

Ultimate Member

Looking at that John Stewart book

8 stories for $40 bucks?

Those were the BEST stories of him????

I can go to the dollar bins and get all but GL #87 cheap.

Where is Justice League Adventures 19?

And if it doesn't sell they will use that as an excuse. Most of what they chose is not selling points for John Stewart.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

8 stories for $40 bucks?

And if it doesn't sell they will use that as an excuse. Most of what they chose is not selling points for John Stewart.
    Same thing I said. The first 3 issues are very good but the rest are nonsense. One story is literally Kyle and Donna dating while John is getting his ass whooped in space.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Falz View Post
    Yeah, I think so. Aside from Green Lantern: Mosaic, DC never put out stuff specifically geared toward John Stewart and his fans before with a clear objective of it being that, which is pretty stupid. Even if he was a PoV character, he'd often just be a part of stories and you'd have to find him wherever it was you happened to find him. Even during the Van Jensen days, he was often a part of bigger stories that weren't especially, clearly, and totally his, like Lights Out, Uprising, and Godhead.

DC also seemed ashamed or miffed that John Stewart was on JL/JLU, which, again, was stupid. Instead of using that to your advantage--regardless of how you may personally feel about it--they tried to undermine it. That whole thing resulted in it being difficult to find characters you might like, doing things that seem cool to you.

I think this sort of thing influenced DiDio and other parts of editorial getting fired. Sure, a lot of that was just cost cutting while DC is having an implosion, but they were just ass at marketing and catering to people outside of their typical demographic, and they weren't going to grow that way.

Unfortunately, this current editorial is trying to play catch up while also dealing with an implosion. You know DC won't be publishing as many books as they were before, and you also know they can't afford to not focus on their time tested characters, like Batman, Superman, et al. So, while it's cool they're doing this type of thing, what seems concerning to me is that, even though there might be more of a focus on diversity, it could be limited to specials (Future State), shovel ware (like this), one-shots, and so on. That's better than nothing, but it still seems to me that DC/AT&T are wanting to take short cuts with these types of characters. It's like they want to desperately adapt some diverse characters, but they aren't willing to REALLY put in the effort, talent, and patience to develop diverse characters that are every bit as strong, or even stronger, than their most popular characters and mythologies.
    That's the thing, is that they have personal feelings and preference towards other characters. They let their own personal bias make the judgements, which shouldn't be at all. It's obvious that guys like Didio and Johns didn't like the fact that John was on the JL/JLU cartoon. Since DC are indeed playing catch up now and they seem to push John Stewart (which I'm happy about), it may be harder now than it was back then. I'm a little worried about that. They probably had a better chance back then, since there were more books available at DC. But who knows, if digitals are the future and DC's new management plays their cards right, this may be good in John's favor. I'm hoping so.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

8 stories for $40 bucks?

I wonder who's the person who select those issues? It does say Geoff Johns is the main author, but I don't know if it's him or not

BANNED

I didn't notice the price of the upcoming trade. It's $40!? That's absurd, if so. None of it is even new content. Honestly, it should be more like $12. If this is the way DC will be doing things, then maybe the company won't last much longer, as some people are saying. It's good DC is looking to broaden its audiences, but it's shooting itself not in the foot, but in the head if the cost of entry is as ridiculous as that.

I didn't think I was going to buy the thing anyway, but I'm DEFINITELY not paying that. And yeah, the selection of issues is pretty poor.

Never caught one of these in the wild. Wonder if machines are still out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Falz View Post
    I didn't notice the price of the upcoming trade. It's $40!? That's absurd, if so. None of it is even new content. Honestly, it should be more like $12. If this is the way DC will be doing things, then maybe the company won't last much longer, as some people are saying. It's good DC is looking to broaden its audiences, but it's shooting itself not in the foot, but in the head if the cost of entry is as ridiculous as that.

I didn't think I was going to buy the thing anyway, but I'm DEFINITELY not paying that. And yeah, the selection of issues is pretty poor.
    Yea, it's a little pricey. I'm only getting it because I'm a hardcore John Stewart fan, but I agree the price should be lower. I think it being a hardcover edition can be another reason why the price is a little higher than usual. DC should appeal not to just hardcore fans, but to casual ones as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Never caught one of these in the wild. Wonder if machines are still out there.
    That would be cool if it's still out there!

https://www.cbr.com/john-ridley-othe...rse-interview/

John Stewart figures into the Other History of the DCU by John Ridley. Interesting I hope that John is the narrator of his parts-- but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

John Stewart figures into the Other History of the DCU by John Ridley. Interesting I hope that John is the narrator of his parts-- but we'll see.
    I'll check it out and read it. Thanks!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This looks and sounds great. Really looking forward to this.

"His relationship with John Stewart, which is a moment I just love as a person. Two black men, two men, and saying it's okay for these characters to have a moment that they can cry, that they can be out of uniform and literally hug it out."

Whew. I love this. We barely get to see John interact with the other DCU characters so I'm glad we're getting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

This is a really good interview!