Page 96 of 145 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2163
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Looks like the new John figure from Spin Master is finally popping up in stores.

... how many did you see on store shelves (or pegs)? I still haven't seen the figure and i'm not willing to pay Ebay prices for it.
    Don't complain. Create.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Light Lass is a John stan

BANNED

Ayyyyyyyy! Shine bright, Johnny!

Also, John apparently appears in Dark Nights: Death Metal Rise of the New God. Haven't read it so I'm not sure how frequent he appears.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Also, John apparently appears in Dark Nights: Death Metal Rise of the New God. Haven't read it so I'm not sure how frequent he appears.
    Without spoiling he and the other earth green lanterns take up the whole backup story after the main story end, John narrates the whole thing and it appears to lead to something cool coming but I’ll leave that for you to read.

It’s about a good 8 or 9 pages written by Bryan Hill, though I should warn that it is a follow up to Multiverses end, so stuff does get referenced.
    Last edited by sifighter; 10-27-2020 at 08:50 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Without spoiling he and the other earth green lanterns take up the whole backup story after the main story end, John narrates the whole thing and it appears to lead to something cool coming but I’ll leave that for you to read.

It’s about a good 8 or 9 pages written by Bryan Hill, though I should warn that it is a follow up to Multiverses end, so stuff does get referenced.
    the Hill story is fine, nothing special imo. Allso, looks like the creative team aren't current and don't know about the tattoo, which is disappointing.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    the Hill story is fine, nothing special imo. Allso, looks like the creative team aren't current and don't know about the tattoo, which is disappointing.
    I feel like the tattoo plot was just dropped and won't be developed any further.

I feel like the tattoo plot was just dropped and won't be developed any further.
    that would be disappointing but it still pops up so I would hope that DC would be smart enough to actual keep continuity considering all the continuity-centric (shaking or fixing) story they've been doing. I mean we just got that 3 Jokers nonsense from a throwaway line from a story like 4 years ago, yet they can't keep continuity with a change that SHOULD have major fundamental implications for the character? If they wanna act like John is a prominent character so they can toat him out for BLM/diversity clout tokens, they should at least treat him like a character that's important enough for them to actually enforce continuity, and not just throw him out in anything because his presence there won't matter in the long run.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    that would be disappointing but it still pops up so I would hope that DC would be smart enough to actual keep continuity considering all the continuity-centric (shaking or fixing) story they've been doing. I mean we just got that 3 Jokers nonsense from a throwaway line from a story like 4 years ago, yet they can't keep continuity with a change that SHOULD have major fundamental implications for the character? If they wanna act like John is a prominent character so they can toat him out for BLM/diversity clout tokens, they should at least treat him like a character that's important enough for them to actually enforce continuity, and not just throw him out in anything because his presence there won't matter in the long run.
    Yup, exactly why I'm looking forward to January where we know we are going to get some concrete storytelling and development. I trust Redjack to the fullest!!!

Maybe the tattoo might get picked up in Endless Winter but this was Snyder's idea and Metal has what like 2 or 3 issues left? So far from what I'm seeing, John hasn't done anything in the main book. He's been in the side books but even then he's shown with the ring.

I expect the tattoo to be quietly abandoned if not outright retconned away post Death Metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I expect the tattoo to be quietly abandoned if not outright retconned away post Death Metal.
    I'm sure Redjack doesn't want to spoil anything, but FS John seems to have a gun and an energy sword, so... I'd be surprised if the tattoo were still relevant, though I wouldn't surprise me if it were mentioned.

The same with Hal's "I forged it from my own willpower" ring or any other time a writer tries to give a lantern something "special and unique." Storytelling gravity seems to want to keep things simple and make all the lanterns regular sentients who wield a power ring. I get it from the POV of not having to explain why each lantern is just a little different from all the others with their own special upgrade at the beginning of every story, but it can be frustrating when developments are just dropped and never mentioned.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-28-2020 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm sure Redjack doesn't want to spoil anything, but FS John seems to have a gun and an energy sword, so... I'd be surprised if the tattoo were still relevant, though I wouldn't surprise me if it were mentioned.

The same with Hal's "I forged it from my own willpower" ring or any other time a writer tries to give a lantern something "special and unique." Storytelling gravity seems to want to keep things simple and make all the lanterns regular sentients who wield a power ring. I get it from the POV of not having to explain why each lantern is just a little different from all the others with their own special upgrade at the beginning of every story, but it can be frustrating when developments are just dropped and never mentioned.
    They never really explained why Simon was able to do all the special stuff he could do.

This is awesome!

This reminds me of Moon Girl calling Miles the "best Spider-Man" or something to that effect.

BANNED

A lot of the time, I think the writers and editors just don't do their research and/or don't care about what other creative teams did. They're probably often not promised long runs, so they may not see it as worth their time to dig into the lore and use plot threads that other writers made. Thus, many plot threads are frequently left dangling at DC Comics. Regarding John Stewart, Lost Army was one of the most egregious examples of this, going both ways. Cullen Bunn may have known about John's Star Sapphire ring, but he didn't care about incorporating in his story (which was fine by me, since I wasn't crazy about the idea). In turn, the writers and editors may have known not answering questions from Lost Army would make absolutely no sense, but they didn't care because Lost Army wasn't their story.

I'm not crazy about the full blown cornball idea of the Invisible Emotional Spectrum, so it won't upset me too much if the tattoo ring doesn't come up again...which also leads to another possibility. Writers may actually dislike previous writers' ideas or takes and actively avoid them.