Page 78 of 145 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2163

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Not off to a great start for John, being caught by Owlman and all...also I don’t remember what Earth 50 is. Looks like Justice Lords.

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/09/25/dc...averses-end-1/
    Honestly, I'm not bothered about John being captured, but I would be bothered if someone like Guy Gardner rescues him. And we've seen that many times before. John was written to be captured and rescued by Kyle under Tony Bedard. John was captured and was rescued by Guy Gardner under Peter Tomasi. I certainly don't want to see the same **** happen here. Usually when writers do that, you can tell who their preferred Green Lantern is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Honestly, I'm not bothered about John being captured, but I would be bothered if someone like Guy Gardner rescues him. And we've seen that many times before. John was written to be captured and rescued by Kyle under Tony Bedard. John was captured and was rescued by Guy Gardner under Peter Tomasi. I certainly don't want to see the same **** happen here. Usually when writers do that, you can tell who their preferred Green Lantern is.
    Oh uh...Guy Gardner is in this book, but then again so are all the other earth based green lanterns so who is really to say who rescues who.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    So over in the Black Lightning thread someone had talk about linking John to Jefferson (Black Lightning) as part of the lightning family. It also reminded me of another conversation about how now black heroes have a team up with each other like superman/batman or Green Lantern/Flash.

How do you guys feel about this? Would it be a downgrade to make him a supporting character of Black lightning?
    Nah, John's already a supporting character in Green Lantern. No need to make him another supporting character in someone else's family line.

Shameless plug: Buy Vixen!

Can I throw out Mister Terrific? I think John and Terrific would probably have one awesome multi-dimension sci-fi adventure.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Oh uh...Guy Gardner is in this book, but then again so are all the other earth based green lanterns so who is really to say who rescues who.
    Yea, it's a speculation I made, since it happened multiple times to the character.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Not off to a great start for John, being caught by Owlman and all...also I don’t remember what Earth 50 is. Looks like Justice Lords.

I wonder who is on John's team for this mission. It's not the people on the cover so I wonder why they're shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This makes me miss John and Wally.
    From those panels that was posted, that's by far the closest JL toon Green Lantern/Flash dynamic resemblance I've ever seen. James Tynion done a good job there.

It just shows that it can happen, but it takes a writer that's a fan of that dynamic and it clearly shows.

I could be wrong about James Tynion here.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I wonder who is on John's team for this mission. It's not the people on the cover so I wonder why they're shown.
    Those characters are on the cover because their the multiverse heroes we have seen since multiversity that keep showing up. You know the House of Heroes that they tried to go to in Metal.

John’s team is literally the Green Lanterns, specifically Guy, Hal, Kyle, and Jessica. There may be others but they are the ones we have seen in Death Metal #3
    Words to live by.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Those characters are on the cover because their the multiverse heroes we have seen since multiversity that keep showing up. You know the House of Heroes that they tried to go to in Metal.

John’s team is literally the Green Lanterns, specifically Guy, Hal, Kyle, and Jessica. There may be others but they are the ones we have seen in Death Metal #3
    That's disappointing. I wanted him around some different faces for once. I saw the panels of Superman rescuing the others heroes and there were plenty of them in there.

That's disappointing. I wanted him around some different faces for once. I saw the panels of Superman rescuing the others heroes and there were plenty of them in there.
    Well how it worked for some reason was that Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Jarro, Harley Quinn, Swamp Thing and Jonah Hex went to Castle Bat to get Crisis Energy(As seen in Trinity Crisis), The Flashes (Barry, Wally, Wallace, and Jay) fought off the Batman who laughs (Speed Metal), Nightwing, Hawkgirl, and Martian Manhunter are to free the Legion of Doom(Justice League), and The green lanterns were to go into the multiverse and take down the towers powering Perpetua.

Everyone else went to themyscira to await the coming battle. I agree, because it feels like some people could have used some back up. I mean come on why not Supergirl or Plastic Man.
    Words to live by.

That may not be as bad. Even though it would be nice to have him around some different characters, I think this is quite an achievement for the character. I mean, I couldn't imagine John making it THIS far at DC. I have to admit, John has came a long ways.

Here's another screenshot

source: gamesradar

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    From those panels that was posted, that's by far the closest JL toon Green Lantern/Flash dynamic resemblance I've ever seen. James Tynion done a good job there.

It just shows that it can happen, but it takes a writer that's a fan of that dynamic and it clearly shows.

I could be wrong about James Tynion here.
    He does a great job of showing how different dynamics bring out different qualities. Love seeing the buddy cop relationship there.

Yep that’s the Justice Lord Earth.

Can I throw out Mister Terrific? I think John and Terrific would probably have one awesome multi-dimension sci-fi adventure.
    I would definitely be interested that team up.