Page 57 of 145 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Is there a trade of this run I could buy somewhere? Or just somewhere where I can pick up the more or less beginning of John’s career as a lantern? I really only have more recent stuff (early 2000’s) with him.
    Last edited by sifighter; 08-12-2020 at 12:01 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Is there a trade of this run I could buy somewhere? Or just somewhere where I can pick up the more or less beginning of John’s career as a lantern? I really only have more recent stuff (early 2000’s) with him.
    Green Lantern: Sector 2814 Volume 2 and Volume 3

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I see John Stewart on the bottom left. I also see not just minorities, but white characters in there as well. I don't know whether his story is going to be based off of real world events or not

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I see John Stewart on the bottom left. I also see not just minorities, but white characters in there as well. I don't know whether his story is going to be based off of real world events or not
    It looks like it's centered on Black Lightning, with Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, the Outsiders, and Thunder and Lightning playing supporting roles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    How'd you make the image bigger?
    Format the images address according:

[img]web-address[/img]

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Format the images address according:

[img]web-address[/img]
    Thabk you for this lmao

It looks like it's centered on Black Lightning, with Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, the Outsiders, and Thunder and Lightning playing supporting roles.
    Interesting. The artwork looks fantastic

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Sorry for not getting back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Green Lantern: Sector 2814 Volume 2 and Volume 3
    Thanks for the assist!
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 08-13-2020 at 07:25 PM.

BANNED

I'm someone who believes that an artist's true colors will find their way into their work. The superhero genre revolves around morality, so it's a subject every writer has to deal with when they play the game-- That does not mean, however, that the writer is truly principled in their day-to-day life. They could just be writing genre conventions. For a long time, I've seen red flags from a certain creator through their body of work. Sounds like this creator is actually a manipulative bully who sets aside proper treatment of others when there is studio pressure on him to perform. Writers and readers should know that a person's true colors show when the chips are down.

RAY FISHER ACCUSES JUSTICE LEAGUE PRODUCER GEOFF JOHNS OF MAKING 'THINLY VEILED THREAT TO MY CAREER'

Really comes across as a corporate bootlicker.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 08-13-2020 at 02:37 PM.

...Why is this in a John Stewart thread?

BANNED

Because the red flags I mentioned appeared in this creator's Green Lantern run, and because there's a long-running theory here that Didio, Johns, and Tomasi deliberately held Johns back in the comics when he was at his most well-known in the mainstream. Being a corporate bootlicker ties into that theory, as we've seen John featured more prominently since Didio got the boot.

If Bendis did something off, would it be weird to see an article about it in a Spider-man thread?
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 08-13-2020 at 02:39 PM.

Ultimate Member

Because the red flags I mentioned appeared in this creator's Green Lantern run, and because there's a long-running theory here that Didio, Johns, and Tomasi deliberately held Johns back in the comics when he was at his most well-known in the mainstream. Being a corporate bootlicker ties into that theory, as we've seen John featured more prominently since Didio got the boot.

If Bendis did something off, would it be weird to see an article about it in a Spider-man thread?
    One thing that could apply to a LOT of characters (hi Young Justice).

John has been seen the issue is it's WITH others way more than by himself unlike others. For the most part he has been stuck in Green Lantern (with some JL) way more than the others.

Yes, I'd say the same thing there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Yes, I'd say the same thing there.
    Cool, I disagree-- Creators come up in franchise/character threads all the time. Lovecraft's background is referenced in discussion about his work, J.K. Rowling's news stories are referenced in Harry Potter discussions, etc. As we've seen with GL franchise before, this stuff affects business and reprints.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 08-13-2020 at 03:59 PM.