Page 41 of 145 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Is that Shayera or Kendra? Looks more like Kendra and is it set in (the admittedly flimsy) main continuity?
    That's Kendra. That's a good question. I'm wondering whether this can be the main continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I hope the story is good. The art is just beautiful.
    I'm hoping so too. Scott Snyder had a really good shot at making this happen, but he didn't and paired her relationship with Martian Manhunter instead. He's obviously a Martian Manhunter fanboy. Not that being a fanboy is bad or anything. I'm a John Stewart fanboy

It's nice to see DC Comics using the DCAU Justice League picture after asking who's your ultimate Justice League team.

It really shows how much of an impact that old cartoon show has made.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    That's Kendra. That's a good question. I'm wondering whether this can be the main continuity.
    It probably won't contradict anything enough to where you can't just assume it is.

BANNED

Saw this on Facebook. If you know, you know.

Just a funny meme based on a recent interview with Charlemagne.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 05-28-2020 at 08:53 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I'm hoping so too. Scott Snyder had a really good shot at making this happen, but he didn't and paired her relationship with Martian Manhunter instead. He's obviously a Martian Manhunter fanboy. Not that being a fanboy is bad or anything. I'm a John Stewart fanboy
    I'm a lost cause with this, but I still hold out hope for Katma to return.

Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 05-29-2020 at 09:53 AM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I saw Mark Russell's tweet in wanting to do a comic with Katma and John and I really want it to happen.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 05-29-2020 at 11:58 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Same here. I miss Katma too. I know a lot of people like to ship Hawkgirl with John and that’s cool. I like their relationship, but John and Katma were awesome together.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

The problem is that Katma has been dead for like 30+ years. Even in these flashbacks that you see in Green Lantern stories where you see Katma, how often was John present, other than that flashback screen shot above? Hardly ever. You seen Hal interact with her in the Dead Zone. Hal also interacted with her in Robert Venditti's run. Basically Hal interacted with her more so than John Stewart. I think it's time for John to move on, because I don't see it ever happening.

BANNED

The recent case of police brutality in MN got me thinking of John's first appearance.

John just rolls up on the cop, and grabs his shoulder, giving him the business.

No fear!

John's upbringing in America has had to have had an effect on his approach to policing Sector 2814.

--

Side bar: This confirms that John is in his late 20s.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 05-30-2020 at 03:33 PM.

BANNED

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    John's upbringing in America has had to have had an effect on his approach to policing Sector 2814.

--

Side bar: This confirms that John is in his late 20s.
    I always felt like John would be in his early to mid 30s. But I’m not complaining.

Have you guys ever wondered why the comic companies don’t have a lot more minority characters? I mean, I get why they didn’t back in the old days, but why not more now? Outside of a handful of characters like Miles Morales, you don’t see a big push from companies to highlight minority characters like they should. It’s ridiculous. Even John has never had his own solo book with the title of Green Lantern. Mosaic was great, but I really want to see John with his own GL book. There’s no reason why DC can’t have more than one GL book. Marvel has three Spider-Man solo books.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post

Have you guys ever wondered why the comic companies don’t have a lot more minority characters? I mean, I get why they didn’t back in the old days, but why not more now? Outside of a handful of characters like Miles Morales, you don’t see a big push from companies to highlight minority characters like they should. It’s ridiculous. Even John has never had his own solo book with the title of Green Lantern. Mosaic was great, but I really want to see John with his own GL book. There’s no reason why DC can’t have more than one GL book. Marvel has three Spider-Man solo books.
    Because folks like comicsgate, some store owners and even certain factions of said demographic would take issue.

Because to some "HUMANIZING a POC is offensive."

Because some people believe POC is a one size fits all collective.

To some Miles Morales was not black until Jason Reynolds's New York Times best selling novel came out.
    Luke Cage's show runner Cheo Hodari Coker was ripped for not knowing how to write a black man from Harlem. Never mind Cheo is black.
    Static and Milestone were ripped for not being black enough by Wizard the Guide to Comics.
    Cyborg's last writer wanted to define him as a black man.

To some a black character is not black unless they have issues with cops, have a messed up home life and other things deemed as black exclusive.

And some only want that highlight to be when certain topics happen. Like what is happening now. If certain folks were at DC now-I am so SURE a story with some black characters would comment on police brutality and how a virus victims look a certain way.

When you keep doing that-you ahve folks fear if they see a book with a POC as the lead-they "assume" they are going to get preached to. Or we get stuff like early Wallace West.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    To some a black character is not black unless they have issues with cops, have a messed up home life and other things deemed as black exclusive.

And some only want that highlight to be when certain topics happen. Like what is happening now. If certain folks were at DC now-I am so SURE a story with some black characters would comment on police brutality and how a virus victims look a certain way.

When you keep doing that-you ahve folks fear if they see a book with a POC as the lead-they "assume" they are going to get preached to. Or we get stuff like early Wallace West.
    Basically Black Lightning

BANNED

Heheh. Wasn't there a never released Black Lightning comic sometime recently where Black Lightning got shot by the police? And didn't he fight the police in his latest miniseries? I can't remember if he outright fought them or just had a big problem with them. I can't remember because I didn't buy it and only skimmed it pretty quick.

Either way, it was pretty predictable and standard fare for a DC or Marvel black hero.

"He's not MY Captain America," and all of that kind of stuff you almost always see in their books.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 05-31-2020 at 07:49 AM.