Page 73 of 145 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2163
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    The art is good. And someone finally drew John young.
    One of the best fades I've seen on him too.

Incredible Member

Does anyone know why the Green Lantern series can't support multiple characters? I know people say it can't but why exactly can it not make time for other lanterns? Why can't it be an anthology series? Why can't more than one lantern be spotlighted at a time? Is it really that hard to write a character being useful in a fight? Even if you have a preferred character why do you write other characters as trash because they're not your favorite?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Does anyone know why the Green Lantern series can't support multiple characters? I know people say it can't but why exactly can it not make time for other lanterns? Why can't it be an anthology series? Why can't more than one lantern be spotlighted at a time? Is it really that hard to write a character being useful in a fight? Even if you have a preferred character why do you write other characters as trash because they're not your favorite?
    It's not that they cant DC doesn't want t or at least try.

“Endless Winter” chapter one! The crossover event of the season begins here! The Justice League encounters an extinction-level global storm brewing at the former site of the Fortress of Solitude. Enter the Frost King, a monster mad with power with an army at his command! What devastating mystery lies in his past? And how does he tied to Queen Hippolyta, Swamp Thing, Viking Prince, and their reluctant ally, Black Adam? Two timelines will reveal further clues and secrets throughout each chapter of this blockbuster tale!

Endless Winter” chapter five! In this turning point issue, the Justice League is scattered across the snow-covered globe, trying to stave off the frozen doom, leaving Green Lantern John Stewart to stand alone. At the Hall of Justice, he begins to piece together clues that could help turn the icy tide that threatens to overwhelm them all. But then an unexpected visitor arrives on cue: the Frost King himself! In the past, however, Queen Hippolyta, Swamp Thing, and Viking Prince witness a terrible decision made by Black Adam—one that will haunt them forever.

Endless Winter” chapter nine! This is it—the final chapter in the five-week, nine-issue Justice League crossover! With the Frost King’s origin revealed, the Justice League must battle the mistakes of the past as well as the global freeze that now threatens the entire population. This issue is snow-packed with characters and action as Superman battles Black Adam while Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern, Queen Hippolyta, and Swamp Thing face the Frost King and his monstrous army! All of the world is watching, and the Justice League must make a choice.
    So it looks like there's going to be some crossover event. Interesting.

And it looking like Andy Lanning and Ron Marz are the writers here.

Ron Marz is back at DC I see. Man, he better not screw up the John Stewart character. Considering he created Kyle Rayner, it's really hard for me, as a John Stewart fan to trust him.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 09-11-2020 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post

So it looks like there's going to be some crossover event. Interesting.

And it looking like Andy Lanning and Ron Marz are the writers here.

Ron Marz is back at DC I see. Man, he better not screw up the John Stewart character. Considering he created Kyle Rayner, it's really hard for me, as a John Stewart fan to trust him.
    Didn't he write John a few times in Kyle's run? I've only read the first couple issues where John didn't make an appearance so I can't judge how he writes him.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 09-11-2020 at 02:01 PM.

So John is gonna get his own mini story, that's cool. He still has the GL tattoo as well.

The art is good. And someone finally drew John young.
    Yeah I'm tired of artist drawing John like an old man.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    So John is gonna get his own mini story, that's cool. He still has the GL tattoo as well.
    Who knows, we may hear more about the tattoo ring. Since Ron Marz written Kyle as making adjustments to his ring after releasing all of that power, I can't see how John's tattoo ring go unnoticed as he's writing him.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    It's not that they cant DC doesn't want t or at least try.
    Admittedly the last time they had four GL books with four different leads it didn't last for long, so that might have had some of an effect.

Green Lantern John Stewart Is the 'Fulcrum' of DC's Endless Winter:

https://www.cbr.com/green-lantern-jo...ndless-winter/
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Green Lantern John Stewart Is the 'Fulcrum' of DC's Endless Winter:

https://www.cbr.com/green-lantern-jo...ndless-winter/
    from the article (for the lazy bones):

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Marz
    John Stewart is our Green Lantern in this story! I've written Hal as a hero back in my GL run when we were doing time-travel stuff -- which was great -- but John is the Green Lantern in the Justice League for this storyline. He brings some interesting stuff to the table and he's sort of the lynchpin in the Justice League issue right in the middle of this storyline, where it kind of turns. We had the luxury of telling that story through John because, of the other Justice League characters, he's the one that doesn't have a regular book; so we could explore him a bit more without any continuity conflicts of where he might need to be elsewhere in the month. He ends up becoming a fulcrum character for us in the storyline.

I know some of the stuff in his story that's going to happen afterwards, in 2021, that we're going to hint at and set up. That's been one of the cool aspects of this storyline, that we're obviously getting a sense of the bits and pieces that would be cool to put in place, character-wise, to where the various characters and titles are going in 2021. This is very much a story that's self-contained, you can read the thing if you've been away from comics for 40 years. Everything you need to know will be there but there are threads that will be carried over from this into the next year which is kind of the way it should be. We're hopefully doing this story in a way that's very welcoming and, if you want to continue with it, the odds are it will lead you places beyond us."
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Admittedly the last time they had four GL books with four different leads it didn't last for long, so that might have had some of an effect.
    They still went past the typical 12 issues though. I think the problem is that they were too crossover heavy. They did go through most of the New 52 life anyway.

Because everybody has their faves and nobody wants their fave to be overshadowed. I don't want to pick up a GL book and watch John playing second fiddle to Hal. The GL world at least allows more diversity; I like John being the more grounded GL fighting earth bound threats and being a JL member, I like Hal doing space stuff and I like Kyle as the Honor Guard and seeing the world from the perspective of an artist.

Fighting wise, a book with multiple GL's would all have the same powers only limited by their imagination and will power. That kind of thing is either a boon or a nightmare depending on the creative team.