Page 9 of 145 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    BANNED

With a bad and conveniently edit like that of course it doesn´t have appeal...

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    It's not happening Shayera has just been introduced in the hawkman title and she remembers everything in Carter and her past lives and she looks very much still in love with hawkman and it looks like that's the direction they are going to take even though I prefer kendra and Carter better.

I think they should bring back katama it's already been past due.
    Doesn't matter. Scott Snyder already brought Warhawk back into DC canon. So it means their relationship happens at some point in time. Sure, it may not happen at the moment, but it doesn't mean that it will NEVER happen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Doesn't matter. Scott Snyder already brought Warhawk back into DC canon. So it means their relationship happens at some point in time. Sure, it may not happen at the moment, but it doesn't mean that it will NEVER happen.
    You do realize that war hawk debuted in batman beyond why before the JL cartoon back in 2000 I'm sure they didn't think about hawkgirl and John before and probably created him to be the hawks son.

Look I don't want to crush your hope of it ever happening but grasping for straws and hoping for something that will likely won't happen will just keep you disappointed hope you understand.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    With a bad and conveniently edit like that of course it doesn´t have appeal...
    Do you have a example you prefer? Domino masks don't seem to work in 3D for any character.

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 01-12-2020 at 06:03 PM.

To be fair, the Batman Beyond future was always one of many POSSIBLE futures and not anything set in stone (at least when it comes to comics)

t's not happening Shayera has just been introduced in the hawkman title and she remembers everything in Carter and her past lives and she looks very much still in love with hawkman and it looks like that's the direction they are going to take even though I prefer kendra and Carter better.
    Well, i dont understand, arent they two "Hawkwomen" currently, one being Hawkgirl and another Hawkwoman?....Isnt Shayera the white one and Kendra being latino/black? . So are Shayera and Kendra "fighting" to be with the same guy now, Carter?.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    Well, i dont understand, arent they two "Hawkwomen" currently, one being Hawkgirl and another Hawkwoman?....Isnt Shayera the white one and Kendra being latino/black? . So are Shayera and Kendra "fighting" to be with the same guy now, Carter?.
    Shayera has been broken free of the reincarnation cycle by Starman but she appears to be the one they've had pop up in Hawkman. Meanwhile, Kendra has expressed a desire to have something romantic apart from Carter, so it's possible Kendra may do her own thing while Shayera hooks up with Carter.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

It also doesn't mean it will because futures change all the time. Tomasi set up a future in his Superman run where Jon, Damien and Kathy became the Trinity of their time and that's basically abandoned. For all we know, Warhawk is Jessica and a revived Katar's son or Beyond gets removed from the timeline and becomes an alternate future again. Or Kendra and Carter find each other as do John and Shayera.

The future in comics may as well be Elseworlds books.

Anybody have any behind the scenes information regarding Xanshi?

The John in the book felt nothing like any version of John Stewart I've read before and why is it that the whole Xanshi thing is stuck with John like a bad pimple while not only did Hal got exonerated for his crime but nothing else from Cosmic Odyssey seems to be in continuity anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

The John in the book felt nothing like any version of John Stewart I've read before and why is it that the whole Xanshi thing is stuck with John like a bad pimple while not only did Hal got exonerated for his crime but nothing else from Cosmic Odyssey seems to be in continuity anymore?
    It all just depends on whether any writer chooses to follow up or use any of it and most writers have not chosen to reference it. (aside from Allred in "Bug" who referenced Forager's death from "CO", but that was Young Animal anyway and also a weird series, so who knows if any of that is "in continuity" (as if there is such a thing any more in the DCU))

Luckily I haven’t even seen the word Xanshi since No Justice by Snyder a few years ago. Let’s pray it stays that way.

BANNED

Apparently the GL in Cosmic Oddyssey was originally supposed to be Guy. Not sure why it was swapped around.

For whatever reason, only a few writers like Johns can retcon the past, and the writers with that power don't want it retconned like all of the problematic Hal stuff.

He's gotten over it under the pens of several writers, but it keeps popping back up. Johns had him move passed it, but then had him destroy Mogo. It's like they can't find anything interesting about his past in his wiki pages so they default to that tired and insulting BS double standard. It all comes down to the writer though.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 01-14-2020 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Apparently the GL in Cosmic Oddyssey was originally supposed to be Guy. Not sure why it was swapped around.

For whatever reason, only a few writers like Johns can retcon the past, and the writers with that power don't want it retconned like all of the problematic Hal stuff.

He's gotten over it under the pens of several writers, but it keeps popping back up. Johns had him move passed it, but then had him destroy Mogo. It's like they can't find anything interesting about his past in his wiki pages so they default to that tired and insulting BS double standard. It all comes down to the writer though.
    Like I said earlier, luckily I haven’t even seen the word Xanshi since No Justice by Snyder a few years ago. Let’s pray it stays that way.

BANNED

The GL in Cosmic Odyssey was planned to be Guy, but suddenly Giffen and Dematteis got big plans for Guy and blowing up planets didn't coincide with them, apparently, so Guy became hands off. Starlin still wanted that story beat so he used John instead. DC probably wouldn't allow Hal to be responsible for such a blunder at that time.

I can't remember where I read or heard that, but that's the reason.

The Xanshi thing keeps popping up partly because it's one of the most defining parts of John's history, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    You do realize that war hawk debuted in batman beyond why before the JL cartoon back in 2000 I'm sure they didn't think about hawkgirl and John before and probably created him to be the hawks son.

Look I don't want to crush your hope of it ever happening but grasping for straws and hoping for something that will likely won't happen will just keep you disappointed hope you understand.
    Yes, but that doesn't mean that it's confirmed that Warhawk's parents isn't John and Shayera, unless they say it's not, which I doubt.

You say that it WON'T happen as if it will never happen in our lifetime. You don't know that. It's up to the writers to make that decision. Just because it's not happening now, does not mean that it won't happen ever. We don't know the future.