Page 10 of 145 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    To be fair, the Batman Beyond future was always one of many POSSIBLE futures and not anything set in stone (at least when it comes to comics)
    IIRC, the Beyond universe from Earth 12 was originally non-canon, which is why I brought it up. So since Scott Snyder brought some of those characters in the JL, it seemed like it's canon now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Yes, but that doesn't mean that it's confirmed that Warhawk's parents isn't John and Shayera, unless they say it's not, which I doubt.

You say that it WON'T happen as if it will never happen in our lifetime. You don't know that. It's up to the writers to make that decision. Just because it's not happening now, does not mean that it won't happen ever. We don't know the future.
    Although that's true I don't see it happening on the main universe especially after snyder had them on his run and he said John and hawkgirl was a favourite of his so and the fact that the cartoon was what the run was based on so if it didn't happen now I don't see that ever happening.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    The GL in Cosmic Odyssey was planned to be Guy, but suddenly Giffen and Dematteis got big plans for Guy and blowing up planets didn't coincide with them, apparently, so Guy became hands off. Starlin still wanted that story beat so he used John instead. DC probably wouldn't allow Hal to be responsible for such a blunder at that time.

I can't remember where I read or heard that, but that's the reason.

The Xanshi thing keeps popping up partly because it's one of the most defining parts of John's history, unfortunately.
    It really made more sense that the GL for that blasted story be Guy. Guy blindly followed orders which almost doomed everything during the GL Crisis tie-in story, despite knowing that he could be wrong. Conflict between Guy & Martian Manhunter post Cosmic Odyssey would have provided legit drama.

I actually read a poster asking why Martian Manhunter did not turn his skin to yellow, and stop John before the planet went boom.

John is kinda on the same boat with Hank Pym. For every writer that shows Hank moving on, the next writer revisits his worst moment (outside creating Ultron).
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 01-15-2020 at 10:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Judging you....

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Judging you....

My 3 favourite GL’s!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    My 3 favourite GL’s!
    For me, these three plus Katma.

BANNED

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Can we get this in color?

BANNED

Great to see the green irises-- And I love the seams.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Looking forward to reading this.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    jeez, who's this artist? hook them up with a good inker and colorist, and this would be great for a John Stewart book. and they got my boy with the green irises AND a glowing construct-looking ring!? clean!
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Here's a small update about the new Green Lantern HBO Max series from SYFY WIRE

With SYFY WIRE in attendance at today's press tour, Sarah Aubrey, head of original content at HBO Max, shared a small update on the upcoming Green Lantern series from DC mastermind Greg Berlanti. The platform- exclusive show “will span several decades and focus on origin stories of two Green Lanterns on Earth,” she said from the stage, while also teasing the appearance of disgraced Green Lantern Corps baddie Sinestro, founder of the Sinestro Corps and the archenemy of Hal Jordan (aka Green Lantern).
    What are you guy's thoughts about this? Does this mean that John Stewart will probably be one of the two Green Lanterns on Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Although that's true I don't see it happening on the main universe especially after snyder had them on his run and he said John and hawkgirl was a favourite of his so and the fact that the cartoon was what the run was based on so if it didn't happen now I don't see that ever happening.

I actually see it happening some time in the future to be honest