Page 133 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2163

Are we looking at a broken power battery?
    Last edited by Iconic; 12-17-2020 at 11:34 AM.

If it is a broken battery, I'm wondering whether that relates to Future State? I'm sure John will still be a Green Lantern and that tattoo power ring may play a bigger role this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    If it is a broken battery, I'm wondering whether that relates to Future State? I'm sure John will still be a Green Lantern and that tattoo power ring may play a bigger role this time.
    Does he even need a Power Battery anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does he even need a Power Battery anymore?
    Probably not, considering John stating that his heart feels like a living power battery. This may effect other lanterns, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    has Redjack ever spoken about his thoughts on the tattoo ring or the human power battery? if he's incorporating it in Future State or in his GL run that would explain why John is taking center stage. if the Central power battery is down he'd be the Lanterns' last flicker of willpower until they can rebuild or recreate a new one.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    has Redjack ever spoken about his thoughts on the tattoo ring or the human power battery? if he's incorporating it in Future State or in his GL run that would explain why John is taking center stage. if the Central power battery is down he'd be the Lanterns' last flicker of willpower until they can rebuild or recreate a new one.
    Now THAT sounds like a good storyline for John!

Redjack never spoken about the tattoo ring. But I wouldn't be surprised if all of this tattoo ring instance is related in his book.

Man, I really wanted to see the new GL cover for John Stewart! But I'm glad we got to see the Justice League variant cover, which leads us into speculation on what kind of storyline we may get on his new ongoing.

BANNED

This is what I think as well. Having to carry that kind of burden would explain why he might be too busy for the Justice League.

Flash seems to be off the roster because of a possible mantle shakeup. I'd love to see Wally as Flash again.

DC really has me interested here.

Will this write out the other Earth Lanterns?

BANNED

There are other possibilities, like when Hal used Krona's gauntlet or like when the Darkstars formed or like when the human Lanterns used the rings from other Corps. I think we'll just have to see where things go.

Reposting: So as I suspected Newsarama made a mistake and Earth-3 Power Ring is indeed John and not a black Hal. Apparently in Andy Schmidt's original pitch the character was supposed to be Hal but it was changed: https://twitter.com/39aAndy/status/1339596523391262720

BANNED

It's nice having editorial on your side.

Not really, not if they are creative about it. They could have him act as the central power battery, pull a Barry Allen have him basically be the generator for the Corps (or for a small contingent of Corpsmen) or a while until they fix it. they can only go so long with the Central Power Battery being broken for they have to find a long term fix, and John as the sole power source isn't exactly sustainable without sparking yet another GL fan war.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Reposting: So as I suspected Newsarama made a mistake and Earth-3 Power Ring is indeed John and not a black Hal. Apparently in Andy Schmidt's original pitch the character was supposed to be Hal but it was changed: https://twitter.com/39aAndy/status/1339596523391262720
    This reminds me of how Crisis on Two Earths started out as a DCAU movie before being made into an original film, replacing John with Hal.
    Not really, not if they are creative about it. They could have him act as the central power battery, pull a Barry Allen have him basically be the generator for the Corps (or for a small contingent of Corpsmen) or a while until they fix it. they can only go so long with the Central Power Battery being broken for they have to find a long term fix, and John as the sole power source isn't exactly sustainable without sparking yet another GL fan war.
    Considering how the Barry thing was received...I'd hope not.

Even if it did it would only be temporary. Jess, Simon, and Guy have a TV show coming.