Page 43 of 145 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonk View Post
    You know, I like the core JL comic being just 5 members. It's team size but still few enough characters where each of them gets a chance to shine each issue. I still want John to have a well written solo book, but right now I think he's doing well in the current Run.
    Agreed. I like the idea of a "core team" that includes John. I don't mind the roster eventually expanding, but I'd like to see a lot more of these character-driven, relationship-building stories first. Besides finally seeing John play a more prominent role, we've gotten some really cool overs recently.

Hopefully John does lead his own title soon while continuing to get focus on the Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel, "Divided We Fall," Justice League: Unlimited View Post
    Everybody in the League is good at their job. But . . . they're the best ever. Not because they're the most powerful, they aren't. Not all of them. . . . It's because they're special. They've proven it time and again. They make the hard choices, they set the example, they do what's right, not what's easiest, and they always come out on top.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 06-02-2020 at 02:05 PM.

I always been a fan of his artwork. His art was amazing when he was on Grayson.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I always been a fan of his artwork. His art was amazing when he was on Grayson.
    Yeah, I like how photo-realistic his characters are, especially in the image above. He'd have been a great fit for Marvel's Ultimate line back in the day.

BANNED

Stumbled across this 2017 artwork earlier:

UNITE by BOTAGAINSTHUMANITY (Fahim Anzoom Rumman)

BANNED

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because folks like comicsgate, some store owners and even certain factions of said demographic would take issue.

Because to some "HUMANIZING a POC is offensive."

Because some people believe POC is a one size fits all collective.

To some Miles Morales was not black until Jason Reynolds's New York Times best selling novel came out.
    Luke Cage's show runner Cheo Hodari Coker was ripped for not knowing how to write a black man from Harlem. Never mind Cheo is black.
    Static and Milestone were ripped for not being black enough by Wizard the Guide to Comics.
    Cyborg's last writer wanted to define him as a black man.

To some a black character is not black unless they have issues with cops, have a messed up home life and other things deemed as black exclusive.

And some only want that highlight to be when certain topics happen. Like what is happening now. If certain folks were at DC now-I am so SURE a story with some black characters would comment on police brutality and how a virus victims look a certain way.

When you keep doing that-you ahve folks fear if they see a book with a POC as the lead-they "assume" they are going to get preached to. Or we get stuff like early Wallace West.
    As an aside to this—Christopher Priest was ripped by white writers from Marvel when he started writing Power Man & Iron Fist as Jim Owsley, because they said he wasn’t writing Luke “black”. The privilege white writers and readers take with these properties is incredibly apparent to everyone except themselves...
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Feels like the last couple JL issues have been the first time in a long time John gets to show off. I always love seeing GLs go HAM and just create a ton of constructs.

I love that artwork for John.

I still say it's a bummer that Robert Venditti is leaving. Believe it or not, I prefer his Justice League over Scotts Snyder's when it comes to John Stewart

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Feels like the last couple JL issues have been the first time in a long time John gets to show off. I always love seeing GLs go HAM and just create a ton of constructs.
    Same here. I don’t like when they use it in simple ways. It’s lazy writing or art.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

It would be nice to see John having his own book, especially after all what's going on now. I desire to have him being the lead character in the Green Lantern Corps, while he's on the Justice League.

What other alien supporting characters would you guys like to see writers have more focus on?

It would be nice to see John having his own book, especially after all what's going on now. I desire to have him being the lead character in the Green Lantern Corps, while he's on the Justice League.

What other alien supporting characters would you guys like to see writers have more focus on?
    Katma Tui. Although I wouldn’t mind Stewart getting a new LI. Honestly for Stewart I wouldn’t mind getting some new GL OCs for him to interact with, maybe some raw recruits he could take with him and train. I love guys like the volcano Lantern over in Morrison GL, wouldn’t mind John interacting with more weird ass aliens.

I'd be down for swapping John with Jessica over on Odyssey. i'd drop Orion for Fatality, bring back and cement Cyborg, Starfire, and Azrael on the team, then from there focus on exploring the more weird ancient planets and civilizations in the ghost sector while battling Darksied; Tactician to Tactician. Kyle had Parallax, Hal had/has Sinestro, let's develop a Darksied and John nemesis saga.

John, Dex-star, Blackfire, Fatality, Cyborg, Azrael, and Starfire is a eclectic group with a lot of cosmic connections and story potential.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-10-2020 at 12:24 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Honestly for Stewart I wouldn’t mind getting some new GL OCs for him to interact with, maybe some raw recruits he could take with him and train.
    You're pretty much describing the Van Jensen run of Green Lantern Corps. If you haven't read that, you might want to check it out. It's pretty decent.

As for alien Lanterns I'd like to see get more focus, I'd reestablish the familiar faces like Kilowog, Salaak, Arisia, Tomar, and Ch'p, because they've lost all their relevancy in this flood of Earth Lanterns. I'm not sure if I would bring back Katma. Even though I know she's a neat character in her own right and predates John Stewart, it would depend on whether or not I'd want to use that character as John's love interest, and I'm not sure of that. While I wouldn't mind doing so, If I totally had my way, it would be Shayera, because I feel that's John's best love interest by quite a large margin, even though I kind of don't like it in JLU. Carrying on a "will-they-won't-they" too long can really sour a ship, and I feel that was the case for those characters in JLU. But I feel the highs were quite a bit higher than John achieved with any other character, due largely in part to Justice League's writing being of a higher quality than most comics John is in, and him being showcased better there than arguably anywhere else.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 06-10-2020 at 07:24 AM.

BANNED

Would like to see John work alongside Katma/Soranik, Druk (revived), Two-Six, Gorin Sunn...

Not a fan of crossing franchises long-term when it comes to love interests. Not interested in seeing Wonder Woman with Batman or Superman, for example. John and Shayera were great for the DCAU continuity though.

Katma, Tawny, Rose, Merayn... Lots of pre-existing interests to choose from.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 06-10-2020 at 08:17 AM.