Page 86 of 145 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2163

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Alan Scott has entered the chat.

"What the fresh hell is this?"

No, we're not throwing Alan Scott in the dumpster to appease the Oan Lanterns.
    Alan Scott can still be on the team.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Here's a thought: What if they moved Hal over to Justice Society and left John on Justice League for good?
    Alan Scott and JSA nation says NO.

I think at this point why not make a new team and invest in it?

Or have Hal lead the GLC? Alan on JSA. John on JLA.

And when needed John & Hal can switch spots as needed for missions.

Kyle with Titans.

Jessica & Simon are free to float to where they are needed. At least until we get a new team put together.

Guy a revised JLI

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Kyle with Titans.

Jessica & Simon are free to float to where they are needed. At least until we get a new team put together.

Guy a revised JLI
    Alan doesn't have to leave though.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Alan doesn't have to leave though.
    No team really needs two GLs, and quite frankly Alan fits it infinitely better. Hal offers nothing that other popular heroes can bring to the table if they join. What niche would Hal fit? He's not one of the old timers and not one of the new kids, and Power Girl/Mister Terrific already fill the niche of the elder members of the young generation to act as the glue holding both together.

Hal on the JSA is just "we don't know where to put him." The JSA is Alan's team, sometimes literally when he's the chair. No thanks, man.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Kyle with Titans.

Guy a revised JLI
    I think The Green Lantern Corpse would be ideal. You're still a Green Lantern, but you're in like a Special Ops Unit.

I wouldn't mind seeing John being in something like that. He's still a Green Lantern but working with a more skilled specialized group.

It can work if written well by a talented writer. I think DC should expand more concepts on the Green Lantern mythos.

Grant Morrison has expanded the concepts of Batman by and used Batman Incorporated.

I would be behind that only if done correctly by a real good writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    No team really needs two GLs, and quite frankly Alan fits it infinitely better. Hal offers nothing that other popular heroes can bring to the table if they join. What niche would Hal fit? He's not one of the old timers and not one of the new kids, and Power Girl/Mister Terrific already fill the niche of the elder members of the young generation to act as the glue holding both together.

Hal on the JSA is just "we don't know where to put him." The JSA is Alan's team, sometimes literally when he's the chair. No thanks, man.
    Well they need to figure something out. Once Morrison is done with Hal, guess where he'll likely end up if they don't continue the solo?

If they put John on GLC, guess who will make their way back to the corps?

They've done it too many times. Wherever John goes, Hal will soon be there.

What do you guys think is the best way to flesh out John's world and role with the release pattern that skyvolt posted in mind?

Here's my take:

1) A story using inspiration from the Alex Ross books like Batman: War on Crime, Superman: Peace on Earth, etc. where we establish John's own fictional part of Detroit (like how Coast City is a fictional part of LA) to call his own and we see how he operates in it and what he means to the people there. We'd also establish what that city brings to the world of DC, like how Metropolis is "The City of Tomorrow" with all the latest advancements in tech, or like Coast City has Ferris Aircraft as a leader in the aerospace world. Maybe it could be a world leader in architecture with John's help. Also the Flash could make a special appearance as well.

2) A story where John becomes a White Lantern and brings back Xanshi, vowing to be its primary protector from now on.

3) This idea that I had a while ago is now no longer viable due to Disney owning both the Alien and Predator franchises and John having the tattoo ring and being a living power battery, but I would have John basically play the Dutch Schaefer/Mike Harrigan role from Predator 1 & 2 where he gets stranded on an unknown planet by the Yautja (Predator) because he is seen as worthy prey, it's revealed that they've been developing more advanced tech than usual that's able to mess with a GL ring's functions, making the user extremely limited in its use so they can't just fly away or blow up the planet. John would have to use his marine training and use of his hindered ring to make weapons and traps to fight off the Yautja and survive. I guess it could be done with a new "Predator-esque" villain added to John's rogues gallery.

4) A GL event definitively centered around John fulfilling his Opener of Doors prophecy, where Sinestro is trying to enforce his will upon a thought-to-be lost sector to get a head start on taking over the known sectors with the help of the Manhunters and the Darkstars. John is the one to fight the main event final fight to liberate the lost sector as he becomes a guardian (but a different kind, one that puts him above Ganthet and the others) for a time. He strips the Manhunters of their programming and the Darkstars of their suits and melds the two together to create composite suits to create a new branch of the GL Corps, not Green Lanterns but lesser troops who can enlist like the Earth police force/military but don't necessarily have the will to be GL's. They would be under the watchful eye of the Guardians and they will be kept in check by John who has just lived up to is prophecy and opened the door to those that want to fight for justice but are not lucky enough to have a GL ring fly on their finger. Each candidate would be evaluated and judged by the suit if they are pure to wield the power (to weed out corruption) and given different powers than a Lantern with more restrictions. A new supporting character or John could be a Black youth from his home city that could be one and serve as a student of John's and be a successor to him in a future timeline. Said new recruit can lead his own team of new recruits in spin off stories.

Ultimate Member

Well they need to figure something out. Once Morrison is done with Hal, guess where he'll likely end up if they don't continue the solo?

If they put John on GLC, guess who will make their way back to the corps?

They've done it too many times. Wherever John goes, Hal will soon be there.
    And don't think we haven't heard grumblings about John on JLA.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I'mma need this Metal event to hurry up and finish so we can start getting some Endless Winter content.

You would think Snyder would catch John having his ring when he isn't supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I'mma need this Metal event to hurry up and finish so we can start getting some Endless Winter content.

You would think Snyder would catch John having his ring when he isn't supposed to.
    Yea, I'm excited for the Endless Winter event. Can't wait when that comes out.

About John's ring, I think that's what happens when questions about him having a tattoo ring isn't answered in Snyder's stories.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Well even though John and Hal won't be in the new show at least John was trending on Twitter today. My man is still in the minds of the public.20201009_190042.jpg

Also Guggenheim and some other dude with meh projects is attached so maybe John dodged a bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Well even though John and Hal won't be in the new show at least John was trending on Twitter today. My man is still in the minds of the public.20201009_190042.jpg

Also Guggenheim and some other dude with meh projects is attached so maybe John dodged a bullet.
    Very true this more than likely mean John & Hal or John & Kyle or all three will be the movie GLs. with Kyle possibly been the GL being used in Titans/TT film

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Very true this more than likely mean John & Hal or John & Kyle or all three will be the movie GLs. with Kyle possibly been the GL being used in Titans/TT film
    We know Hal and John were supposed to be the movie guys, wouldn’t be surprised if Kyle was included too. Although given Johns is writing the script for the GL movie, hopefully John will get chances to shine.

I never really understood WB's logic behind restricting certain characters from appearing on TV shows just because they're supposedly planned to show up in movies. It's fine with Bruce, Flash, Superman or even Cyborg, but Kyle Rayner, John Stewart and Hal Jordan are the deal breakers? The worst part I think is the uncertainty aspect. There's no guarantee whatsoever that this movie is ever going to be made, so they're practically wasting those characters for the sake of some theoretical scenario that has barely even had any movement since 2014 when it was originally announced. We've heard some vague details, seen a few character breakdowns and had a few writers and producers attached to it and that's it. They finally announce a GL TV show and exclude the two most popular characters of the franchise for the sake of a movie that for all we know may not ever happen. Some of the articles mention that WB sees the TV show as a way to start course correcting the IP in outside media after the failure of the 2011 movie, yet they won't have the show feature the main characters of the planned movie. I don't get it.