Page 17 of 145 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    BANNED

BANNED

I'm a little bit surprised that other black girl Green Lantern isn't included in any of those covers. I guess her standing in continuity is dubious. Also, I would have rather seen Jade acknowledged over Teen Lantern.

BANNED

Since itīs Valentineīs Day (yet), letīs remember his love interest, beginning with (to me) the hottest girl he had: Hawkgirl Shayera Hol

WAIFU 170.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    Since itīs Valentineīs Day (yet), letīs remember his love interest, beginning with (to me) the hottest girl he had: Hawkgirl Shayera Hol

WAIFU 170.jpg
    His best one, in my opinion, too. That said, I see some serious flaws with it. It takes quite a hit with the way the show copped out on it in the final season, and the will they/won't they was carried on much longer than it should have been. The build up was pretty spectacular, but after it climaxes in Wild Cards and Starcrossed, the romance kind of falls apart, and not necessarily because the two weren't together, but because the plotline totally took over both characters (it didn't do that before, and it took over John Stewart more than Hawkgirl, because she at least had her redemption angle going on), it had dragged out pacing, and finished with a non-resolution. It seems to me the writers had no idea how to handle a regular, steady relationship between the two while still having drama (it is very possible to do this), so they avoided having it.

All that said, it has a lot more meat to it and than any of John's other relationships, including Katma Tui, and when the writing was good, it was written much better than all his other relationships.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 02-14-2020 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I'm a little bit surprised that other black girl Green Lantern isn't included in any of those covers. I guess her standing in continuity is dubious. Also, I would have rather seen Jade acknowledged over Teen Lantern.
    She’s in 1

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    She’s in 1

I think he meant Jo from Far Sector. It is odd to leave her out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I think he meant Jo from Far Sector. It is odd to leave her out.
    Yeah, that's who I meant. I legit did not know her name.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    Shayera is the hottest girl he's been with. I will always cherish the time they've been in a relationship together. They are by far my favorite DC Comics couple! Happy Valentine's Day to John Stewart and Shayera Hol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I think it's because there are too many human Green Lanterns lol. So someone has to take the cut. Let's be real here. It'll never work out. No matter how many people says it does. There will always be consequences. By her missing, there's proof of that.

I agree about Jade. She's even was a Green Lantern as well. She should've been acknowledged.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 02-14-2020 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

What on Earth is with the strange dark mark on John's forehead in the first picture? None of the other characters are drawn with that dark mark on their foreheads. It's very strange to me.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Is it me or does John look like Mike Tyson here. lol
    You're certainly not lol. That was my impression when I seen this (beautiful) art. The art seemed to resemble real life actors. Batman looks like Ben Affleck's version, Wonder Woman looks like Gail, John Stewart looks like Mike Tyson etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I think it's because there are too many human Green Lanterns lol. So someone has to take the cut. Let's be real here. It'll never work out. No matter how many people says it does. There will always be consequences. By her missing, there's proof of that.
    That, above all else, is what got me to officially renounce Green Lantern fandom. I still talk about Green Lantern (I guess because I know a lot about it), and I can appreciate some things about it, but I don't actually like it any more. The mythology has gone off the rails for me. First, it was all the redundant Corps and how they dominated everything for so long, and more recently, the number of human Green Lanterns watered down the mythology tremendously, and spread the focus well beyond a bursting point, and DC just kept doubling down and piling them on willy-nilly, not even knowing what to do with all those redundant characters. I just had enough, and realized that the mythology was more frustrating for me than it was fun. I guess I could have continued crossing my fingers and hoped things somehow improved, but I don't have patience for things like that, which are completely out of my control. At least I don't have the patience for it these days.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 02-14-2020 at 11:18 PM.

BANNED

This image made me think that if Flash can date a female speedster, then John can date a female GL--maybe Jessica. They haven't had much interaction so far, but it could still happen at some point.

BANNED