Page 67 of 145 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2163
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    I’d like to have a trade or hardcover of GREEN LANTERN MOSAIC. I really enjoyed that series and would like it collected. Good writing. Good art. And John Stewart.
    I'd buy it first day of release. DC is leaving money on the table.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

They're not giving royalties to a convicted pedophile is what they're doing. It sucks Mosaic had to be written by a shitbag, but it's too much of a minefield now.

From the new GM of DC comics:

Looks like John Stewart will finally be in good hands! About time! Hopefully Jaime, Jessica and Black Lightning will get some love too!

This is excellent, excellent new here.

This is what happens when you get rid of guys like Dan Didio. Some people used to come at me about my strong criticisms towards guys like Geoff Johns and Dan Didio, but the proof is in the pudding. Under their strong leadership, John always had to fall in the background of not just Hal Jordan, but to other lesser known Green Lanterns just so he doesn't get too popular in the comics like how he was in mainstream media. That's real selfish attitudes and what makes it even worse, is that John is a minority character. When DC Rebirth started, Ethan Van Sciver shared his true feelings on the old John Stewart thread that John should always be in the background to Hal Jordan. It's just an example on how these guys were thinking. John's popularity didn't matter to them. It's one of the reasons why John fans on that thread wanted Van Sciver and others to be replaced with new people. And since DC has FINALLY got rid of Dan Didio for good, we're now starting to see a difference on what John Stewart's future may be like.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Looks like John Stewart will finally be in good hands! About time! Hopefully Jaime, Jessica and Black Lightning will get some love too!
    It's good that DC is hiring more people of color in leadership roles like the new GM of DC. So there could be stronger chances of DC pushing for existing minority characters

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    This is excellent, excellent new here.

This is what happens when you get rid of guys like Dan Didio. Some people used to come at me about my strong criticisms towards guys like Geoff Johns and Dan Didio, but the proof is in the pudding. Under their strong leadership, John always had to fall in the background of not just Hal Jordan, but to other lesser known Green Lanterns just so he doesn't get too popular in the comics like how he was in mainstream media. That's real selfish attitudes and what makes it even worse, is that John is a minority character. When DC Rebirth started, Ethan Van Sciver shared his true feelings on the old John Stewart thread that John should always be in the background to Hal Jordan. It's just an example on how these guys were thinking. John's popularity didn't matter to them. It's one of the reasons why John fans on that thread wanted Van Sciver and others to be replaced with new people. And since DC has FINALLY got rid of Dan Didio for good, we're now starting to see a difference on what John Stewart's future may be like.
    Honestly man and you know I mean no offense at all here, but this tweet shows me that from this point on it probably won't make much sense for John Stewart fans to keep accusing DC executives of bias towards other Green Lantern characters. The very first tweet of the new guy in charge after taking the job, makes it abundantly clear who his preferred Green Lantern is. I just hope this doesn't create further conflict between fans of the different GLs. Hope this truly leads to better representation for the different characters across the board, rather than to just end up doing the same thing DiDio and co did but with another GL instead. We certainly don't need anymore division in this fanbase than we already have. I no longer visit those forums regularly because of the constant negativity + some of my own biases tend to get the best of me as well. Hope you guys are doing well and wish you healthiness and positive thoughts during these difficult times.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Honestly man and you know I mean no offense at all here, but this tweet shows me that from this point on it probably won't make much sense for John Stewart fans to keep accusing DC executives of bias towards other Green Lantern characters. The very first tweet of the new guy in charge after taking the job, makes it abundantly clear who his preferred Green Lantern is. I just hope this doesn't create further conflict between fans of the different GLs. Hope this truly leads to better representation for the different characters across the board, rather than to just end up doing the same thing DiDio and co did but with another GL instead. We certainly don't need anymore division in this fanbase than we already have. I no longer visit those forums regularly because of the constant negativity + some of my own biases tend to get the best of me as well. Hope you guys are doing well and wish you healthiness and positive thoughts during these difficult times.
    Too late for that we got 10 Earth Lanterns. Way too late.

Never mind the many times fans did show this fracnshise could support multiple books. Yet who chose to ignore it?

All these folks sold. Who ignored it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    It's good that DC is hiring more people of color in leadership roles like the new GM of DC. So there could be stronger chances of DC pushing for existing minority characters
    Yeah that’s what gets me excited! He also liked a tweet talking about some of those minority characters, John included! Think it’s about time John got the love he deserves!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Yeah that’s what gets me excited! He also liked a tweet talking about some of those minority characters, John included! Think it’s about time John got the love he deserves!
    Interesting he said that to Matthew Cherry.

Who has a deal with Warner Brothers and a show greenlighted.

Or are they related in real life?

Little help here guys, what does GM mean?
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

Quote Originally Posted by AtheistInRed View Post
    It means General Manager

Quote Originally Posted by AtheistInRed View Post
    GrandMaster. Or General Manager, but the first is better.

Ah thank you internet friends, now I can see and understand why this is great news for John Stewart. Even though they only stated that John is their favorite Green Lantern(or something to that effect from my observation), but nonetheless better than nothing.
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I know you don't mean no harm, Johnny. I agree on what you're saying. If John gets a solo title (which is more of a possibility with this guy being charged), I don't think characters like Hal Jordan would be sidelined or put back on the shelves. Or at least play miscellaneous roles like Guy and Kyle. In fact, I still think Hal would still have as much of a strong presence at DC Comics before these changes has been made. My personal gripes didn't have to do with John not being #1, but the way he was treated during the Johns era. I would say despite my personal dislikes for Geoff Johns, the fanbase was more united back then. And that's because all of the characters had their chance to shine. Hal, Kyle, and Guy had mini titles and played huge roles except for John. I think John fans weren't as vocal because they still had hopes that John was going to get a book around that time or at least play a big role. I don't think there was any complaints about John not being number one in the comics, but rather how DC guys disrespected him and refused to acknowledge that he was a real quality character, because of the cartoons. When Van Jensen did the GLC, I remembered the John Stewart thread hardly ever complained, until he left the book. The big complaints happened when Tom Taylor did Edge Of Oblivion. I think it's going to be way harder to have fans unite, because more Green Lanterns has been created. Hope you are well, too. Stay safe.