Page 117 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2163
    Extraordinary Member

My brain went Wayne Brady looking at those previews.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Let's just wait for an announcement with some details.
    I still have confidence we'll get a potential John Stewart solo.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    That's what I was assuming. I wish this panel was open to the public.
    Same here. Hopefully we'll get some clarity tomorrow.

On Geoffrey Thorne's twitter, he said:

i can neither confirm nor deny street-born rumors.
    After answering a fan's question about whether a John Stewart GL solo is true. So we'll have to wait and see.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That last line sounds like it’s describing the plot of the Future State issues, not the GL series itself. But the wording is a bit confusing yeah.
    That's what I was assuming. I wish this panel was open to the public.
    Yeah, they keep switching between talking about present and future. I think the writer either did not get a real grasp of what was announced or the article was translated from Portuguese, leading to this confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by SyFy View Post
    . . .[DC] announced a handful of new titles spawning out from [Future State]. During today's virtual panels for "Future State" at Brazil's CCXP con, [DC] announced . . . new series for Green Lantern and New Teen Titans Academy.
    These are new titles being published after Future State, with a possibility of a March or later launch date.

"Future State" is a two-month long event showing the future that awaits various DC characters, putting them into new and exciting (or life threatening) situations. The new series will continue on from that future.
    Future State is important because it lays the groundwork for what will happen in the present-day series released after the event. Sounds similar to an idea Alan Moore had for an event set in the future of the DC Universe called Twilight of the Superheroes.

Lantern (sic) will be written by Geoffrey Thorne and drawn by Tom Raney, the team behind the primary John Stewart-led arc in Green Lantern's "Future State" miniseries.

Same creative team as Future State, so invest in and enjoy the arc.
    https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/dc-com...ate-new-series

Redjack wasn't kidding when he said something along the lines of "[big things are coming]," and, in an Endless Winter interview, Ron Marz did say DC had big plans for John in 2021.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 12-05-2020 at 12:00 AM.

Incredible Member

SyFy says it's happening but the wording makes it seem like it will continue directly after Future State. Gonna have to wait and see.

For the characters of DC Comics, the future is looking a little brighter. Ahead of the two-month "Future State" event beginning in January, the publisher announced a handful of new titles spawning out from the event. During today's virtual panels for "Future State" at Brazil's CCXP con, the comics publisher announced returning ongoing runs for Justice League Dark, Suicide Squad, and Swamp Thing, plus new series for Green Lantern and New Teen Titans Academy.

"Future State" is a two-month long event showing the future that awaits various DC characters, putting them into new and exciting (or life threatening) situations. The new series will continue on from that future.

Lantern will be written by Geoffrey Thorne and drawn by Tom Raney, the team behind the primary John Stewart-led arc in Green Lantern's "Future State" miniseries. John and the remaining Lanterns will be "stranded" inside a dead power battery and forced to adapt to being powerless.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/dc-com...ate-new-series
    All I'm going to say is that in the case of Titans, they better not be continuing on directly from Future State. Because as it stand's I have no interest in a Titans series that starts with so many characters, including quite a few favorites of mine, having been killed off screen. I'm willing the Titans in the present avert the bad future scenario in future state a chance, but not continue on from it being the established status quo. I'm going to assume the best for now and believe Syfy doesn't know what they're talking about.

BANNED

Hopefully we get a real announcement soon so that Redjack doesn't have to keep wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses.

BANNED

The Justice League cartoon debuted in 2001, so we only had to wait two decades for John to get his due, lol

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Really excited for what's to come! I love Hal but it's about damn time John got a solo title lol

BANNED

I think the fingerless glove look works well as a balance between the gloves, which I think John looks better with, and this idea folks like of John being able to touch the Earth.

The Future's end gloves look cool too.

Fanart:

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 12-05-2020 at 05:48 AM.

BANNED

Cool threads:

BANNED

Front and center

BANNED

Anyone else like Bendis's idea of making the Guardians these sentient wisps of fire?

Goes well with the "Lantern" theme but could use a palette swap for the present day stuff.

Just feels a little more sci fi than little blue guys.

The GL uniforms are pretty much the only uniforms that I actually like more with the Jim Lee “lines”.

Yeah the Bendis Future Guardians look cool. I also like Morrison making them more “ethereal” in TGL, sort of like the Firstborn from Clarke’s Space Odyssey. Definitely prefer a DC Cosmic side that leans way more into the “alieness” of other races. One thing I hope sticks around for Thorne’s series is the revamp of Oa that Sharpe did:

This to me does a better job of capturing the sheer scale and breadth of the Corps and the universe they patrol. Big sci-fi concepts are what I’m hoping for.

Cool threads:
    Looks straight from a Phil Bourassa design sheet.

Anyone else like Bendis's idea of making the Guardians these sentient wisps of fire?

Goes well with the "Lantern" theme but could use a palette swap for the present day stuff.

Just feels a little more sci fi than little blue guys.
    These Guardians look more likely to turn evil or renounce all sentient life than the normal Guardians do.