Page 113 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2163
    Astonishing Member

I love Hal and John, while I must admit Hal is my favorite DC character period, outside of the Sinestro Corps War, and GL rebirth, my favorite GL related storyline/arc is Mosaic. I wish I got more Hal in Justice League but that doesn't detract from my love of John. I would love to see a Vertigo-y type writer try to do a new Mosaic book because that was the cross between GL(sci-fi) and Vertigo sensibilities I never knew I wanted but I loved. It portrayed John as a complex character which I love and rarely get and it was a nice break from the Cosmic Odyssey hack job that did great damage to the character, thank God for JL:TAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacula View Post
    ^ This! Or more accurately, how about we all just agree that Hal and John are both great characters and that's why DC has kept both of them in active use for decades; and, judging by John's focus in Future State and Hal's focus in his own title, it doesn't look that's going to change any time soon.

If Hal and John fans should be arguing against any characters it should be Simon and Jessica and any other Earth Green Lanterns that get invented in the future. Lord knows DC didn't need any more of them and yet there they've been for however many years, taking up pages that Hal or John (or even Guy or Kyle) could be using.
    Nah! I’ll take Jessica over Hal any day! Hell, I’d definitely take her over Guy, Simon and Alan too!

1) Jessica Cruz
    2) John Stewart (childhood lantern)
    3) Kyle Rayner (he’s grown on me)
    4) Hal Jordan
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Has Snyder even expanded on the tattoo ring? We haven't seen John ask questions about it or even ask the Guardians of the Universe.
    no he didn't and I haven't forgiven him for it. last thing we heard about it was on Thanagar when we found out it's a physiological change. I hope whatever they're "setting up" for John in Endless Winter will if not expand it then will just put the concept to bed official. I would rather they take it away than to just forget it and let it quiet disappear because at least it'll show that DC has care for the character enough to follow up on what he's doing.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Nah! I’ll take Jessica over Hal any day! Hell, I’d definitely take her over Guy, Simon and Alan too!

1) Jessica Cruz
    4) Hal Jordan
    For me it's
    1) Hal Jordan
    2) Alan Scott
    3) John Stewart
    4) Arisia
    5) Guy Gardner

my opinion:

Coming to a thread dedicated to John Stewart just to push how much better Hal Jordan is, is the definition of trolling.

Please stop it.

Our hobby should be fun. This isn't.

c'mon guys, everybody knows it's:

1. Mogo
    2. John Stewart
    3. Jessica Cruz (+Simon (fight me))
    4. Kilowog
    5. Guy
    6. Simon Baz (dolo)
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    my opinion:

Coming to a thread dedicated to John Stewart just to push how much better Hal Jordan is, is the definition of trolling.

Please stop it.

Our hobby should be fun. This isn't.
    big facts!

currently following:

Extraordinary Member

Given that David Ramsey is apparently appearing in 5 more Arrowverse episodes spread across most of the remaining shows, and is also directing 5, (don't know if they're the same ones), can anyone clear up for me what the deal was with them sort of kind of linking him a bit to John Stewart? I'm sort of remembering there was something like that, but maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part? In any event it seems likely that he'd be at least a GL, certainly in his upcoming Legends appearance. Whether he serves as a John Stewart surrogate or not I don't know, but I'm looking forward to seeing him play a GL.

Making Diggle an Arrowverse version of John was idiotic move. It was pandering to a fan theory that should never have been taken seriously.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I'm ready for a new GL costume for John.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Given that David Ramsey is apparently appearing in 5 more Arrowverse episodes spread across most of the remaining shows, and is also directing 5, (don't know if they're the same ones), can anyone clear up for me what the deal was with them sort of kind of linking him a bit to John Stewart? I'm sort of remembering there was something like that, but maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part? In any event it seems likely that he'd be at least a GL, certainly in his upcoming Legends appearance. Whether he serves as a John Stewart surrogate or not I don't know, but I'm looking forward to seeing him play a GL.
    it started out as a fan theory. was following arrow at the time and it was a theory that was largely made by people who don't follow comics much and rest primarily on the fact that John Stewart is a black guy in the army named John, and Diggle is a black guy in the army named John. they brought in his step dad as a man named Roy Stewart as a nod to the theory (this is well into the Olicity era of the show where they were just throwing in a bunch of fan service gimmicks in lieu of good storytelling) and it was recieved well enough. then they alluded that one of Diggle's multiverse doppelgangers was John Stewart, then in the finale of Arrow they had him find a something that fell from space that was glowing green, implying he's now a Green Lantern somewhere.

I wouldn't have cared if it was just Diggle is Diggle but he got chosen by a power ring, but the convoluted way they went about making him "John Stewart" felt like they were insulting my intelligence; I can not lie.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-02-2020 at 10:15 AM.

currently following:

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    it started out as a fan theory. was following arrow at the time and it was a theory that was largely made by people who don't follow comics much and rest primarily on the fact that John Stewart is a black guy in the army named John, and Diggle is a black guy in the army named John. they brought in his step dad as a man named Roy Stewart as a nod to the theory (this is well into the Olicity era of the show where they were just throwing in a bunch of fan service gimmicks in lieu of good storytelling) and it was recieved well enough. then they alluded that one of Diggle's multiverse doppelgangers has is John Stewart, then in the finale of Arrow they had him find a something that fell from space that was glowing green, implying he's now a Green Lantern somewhere.

I wouldn't have cared if it was just Diggle is Diggle but he got chosen by a power ring, but the convoluted way they went about making him "John Stewart" felt like they were insulting my intelligence; I can not lie.
    Played by Ernie Hudson of Ghostbusters fame (who also voiced Cyborg in The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians cartoon and Lucius Fox in Batman: Bad Blood).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    So only people who like only John are allowed to comment?
    Constructive criticism is ALWAYS welcomed.

-Example

But anyway, Xanshi sucks and I guess Ridley was just using what John is most known for which is exactly why he needs a solo book so there's more material. I do wish writers would reference his earlier days with Katma more though.
    This is constructive. It's asking a question of why is that planet talked more about the face he had a wife killed by a villain.
    Along with bringing up the need for more John material for a writer to look at or even consider.

Which is what all this BOILS down to-John Stewart material. Plain and simple.

We have seen too much LIP SERVICE and nothing in return.

Maybe the reason folks like John Stewart who has CRUMBS compared to Hal is NOT because he is black but it's testament to work McDuffie, Jenson, Gerard Jones, Redjack and others who took those crumbs and made it work.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

1) Jessica Cruz
    4) Hal Jordan
    My point was that Hal and John aren’t going anywhere; so to invest in any new Earth Lanterns is just going to lead to heartbreak (see: Kyle Rayner fans).

But I am like Cassandra; I can only warn you of the pain that lies ahead, not prevent it from happening. lol