Page 49 of 145 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Reminder: Just because someone says something you don't like, acts out, behaves rudely, trolls, etc... doesn't mean you have carte blanche to do the same in return. Report their posts, let the moderators sort it out. Thanks.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Now that I think about it more, DC should have had Superman, WW and Batman kneeling with them as a show of solidarity. It would have meant more. Unity is the ultimate goal we are looking for, so they should have put their big three in there as well.
    Happy late Juneteeth, and may there be less evil and more people of diverse backgrounds working together towards a better future for all as respected equals!

Now that I think about it more, DC should have had Superman, WW and Batman kneeling with them as a show of solidarity. It would have meant more. Unity is the ultimate goal we are looking for, so they should have put their big three in there as well.
    that is a good idea, they should do it for a different picture. I think this was meant to be a black solidarity and appreciation type thing to celebrate juneteenth, to that end, it makes more sense to focus on the black characters. however, I think they should've featured more of their black characters and have more of them standing with their fist up, I feel the repeating names was a cop out.

I think they should do a bigger picture with the Trinity, with other bigger characters at DC right now, with their black and characters of color front and center, kneeling and raising their fist in a similar vain to this. The movement don't stop after Juneteenth, it shouldn't only be on special "black" occasions that DC affirms these kinds of sentiments to their readers and characters of color.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-20-2020 at 01:51 PM. Reason: forgot to type "of color"
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    that is a good idea, they should do it for a different picture. I think this was meant to be a black solidarity and appreciation type thing to celebrate juneteenth, to that end, it makes more sense to focus on the black characters. however, I think they should've featured more of their black characters and have more of them standing with their fist up, I feel the repeating names was a cop out.

I think they should do a bigger picture with the Trinity, with other bigger characters at DC right now, with their black and characters front and center, kneeling and raising their fist in a similar vain to this. The movement don't stop after Juneteenth, it shouldn't only be on special "black" occasions that DC affirms these kinds of sentiments to their readers and characters of color.
    Agree completely
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Wouldn't hold my breath. DC has proven for decades upon decades that they don't give a flying f*** about their Black characters. They're just using them for a cheap attempt at pandering here. They know that after Juneteenth and the BLM stuff goes out of style, so will these characters. They'll go right back to d*** riding the same ol' White characters and straight up refusing to use the Black ones they have or make all new ones that have built-in importance to the DCU.

It was nice to see John in the Green Lantern Anniversary special, my favorite part was probably the retired 4 corpsmen story. if I could get just one year with John Stewart as a Guardian I would be ready for the corp four retiring now and letting the newbies take over.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

It was nice to see John in the Green Lantern Anniversary special, my favorite part was probably the retired 4 corpsmen story. if I could get just one year with John Stewart as a Guardian I would be ready for the corp four retiring now and letting the newbies take over.
    Not me. I don’t ever want to see John retire. Although I like all the GL’s, John is my favorite. I would pay good money to see John in a monthly solo book.

I’m getting this issue but it won’t arrive for another week or so. I was very disappointed that DC didn’t give John his own cover, so my choice was down to either Ivan Reis’ sweet cover or Matt Taylor’s. I decided to go with Taylor’s. I love the design of the cover with the battery with the old GL logo and the colors really pop.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Not me. I don’t ever want to see John retire. Although I like all the GL’s, John is my favorite. I would pay good money to see John in a monthly solo book.

I’m getting this issue but it won’t arrive for another week or so. I was very disappointed that DC didn’t give John his own cover, so my choice was down to either Ivan Reis’ sweet cover or Matt Taylor’s. I decided to go with Taylor’s. I love the design of the cover with the battery with the old GL logo and the colors really pop.
    I would love for John to get his own solo and have all types of adventure but I'm of the philosophy that stories should be allowed to end. I want all the heroes and villains to retire or run their course eventually and I would rather DC put the four corpsmen to bed, John included, because DC has so many issues utilizing this franchise efficiently. DC in recent years have been super heavy handed with the Hal Jordan neptism, and the trickle down effects all the other Lanterns in unflattering ways; san Jess currently as their new premier female of color character. These four have had a lot of story under their belt, i think they should go on a run of endgame stories for each corpsmen and one by one let them retire.

if i had it my way, Guy and Kyle retire and settle down, Hal becomes one with the Green aspect of the Emotional Spectrum, and John settles into a cushy job as a Guardian (more laidback and calculated like Ganthet) and retires from the field/day to day lantern stuff unless it's a Quintessence level event and eventually joining Guy and Kyle in retirement.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-30-2020 at 11:39 AM. Reason: fixed typos and added a section break

currently following:

I would love for John to get his own solo and have all types of adventure but I'm of the philosophy that stories should be allowed to end. I want all the heroes and villains to retire or run their course eventually and I would rather DC put the four corpsmen to bed, John included, because DC has so any issues utilizing this franchise efficiently. DC in recent years have been super heavy handed with the Hal Jordan neptism the trickle down effects all the other Lanterns (san Jess currently as their new premier female of color character) in unflattering ways. These four have had a lot of story under their belt, i think they should go on a run of endgame stories for each corpsmen and one by one let them retire. if i had it my way, Guy and Kyle retire and settle down, Hal becomes one with the Green aspect of the Emotional Spectrum, and John settles into a cushy job as a Guardian (more laidback and calculated like Ganthet) and retires from the field/day to day lantern stuff unless it's a Quintessence level event; eventually joining Guy and Kyle in retirement.
    I like that idea. It gives readers more of a reason to care about what happens when they are in finite stories, similar to manga. Only problem is, the "Big 2" are stuck in perpetual universes, eventually, somebody's gonna bring them back when sales dip. That being said, I think Simon and Jess can carry the torch and it'll at least end John fans' plight by taking him and his competition off the board completely.

Here's a new sideshow statue of John. Anyone have about $500 I can borrow?

Another view:

Ah man, what have I stumbled upon? What happened to all of the John Stewart posters here!? Well it looks like this thread is going to be just like the original John Stewart thread, where you can see a bunch old posters here that's no longer on this site. No wonder John threads is no longer the the biggest DC appreciation thread anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Ah man, what have I stumbled upon? What happened to all of the John Stewart posters here!? Well it looks like this thread is going to be just like the original John Stewart thread, where you can see a bunch old posters here that's no longer on this site. No wonder John threads is no longer the the biggest DC appreciation thread anymore
    I think one or two pages worth of post got deleted because the LP22 dude (I think that was his name) was back in here gaslighting John fans with some clearly racist propaganda. couple that with the face that John hasn't really been doing anything of significance lately and the thread goes dead. I'm sure it'll pick up when/if DC does anything intriguing with him soon.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-30-2020 at 03:55 PM.

currently following:

What GL would you like to see team up with John for a storyarc? Just those two, no other GL. I think it would be cool to see John and Jessica team up for a story.

What GL would you like to see team up with John for a storyarc? Just those two, no other GL. I think it would be cool to see John and Jessica team up for a story.
    Jo Mullein.......