Page 37 of 145 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

I love that first cover. Looks very classic. Seems like the artist was going with more of a classic style. I also like the poses.

Doug Manhke's work is good like always

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I'm not familiar with him either. But hopefully John doesn't become a background character. I also think that's one of the problems at DC. One writer may be interested in him, then the new writer has no interest in him, then take most of the focus away from him. This sort of reminds me when Tom Taylor took over in GLC Edge of Oblivion (garbage series btw). Cullen Bunn had John as the lead character, then Tom Taylor took over and gave John a lesser focus, because Guy Gardner is his favorite.
    Well, the roster is small, so it's hard to see John being shifted into the background. I've liked Si Spurrier's work in the past, and he wants to make a name for himself, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I love that first cover. Looks very classic. Seems like the artist was going with more of a classic style. I also like the poses.

Doug Manhke's work is good like always
    Both covers are great-- Love the first one as well. Really cool composition, and John has a great pose. He's prominently featured on the second one as well.

Really cool getting all of these great Justice League covers over the last few months.

Looks like Si Spurrier is keeping the same roster, which is awesome! Looks like we'll be getting more character-driven stories.

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 05-16-2020 at 08:22 AM.

BANNED

[img][/img]

BANNED

Awesome new cover by Nick Derington:

Next issue:

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 05-16-2020 at 09:05 AM.

BANNED

Guns blazin'

BANNED

Looks ike Si will only be around for one arc before a Rick and Morty writer takes over:

JUSTICE LEAGUE #51
    written by JEFF LOVENESS
    art by ROBSON ROCHA and DANIEL HENRIQUES
    cover by PHILIP TAN
    variant cover by NICK DERINGTON
    At the mercy of the Black Mercy! As they return from their adventure on the planet Trotha, the Justice League crashes on the homeworld of the Black Mercy! There, they fall prey to the most powerful psychological threat they’ve ever faced! Written by Jeff Loveness (Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty), this two-part descent into the dark corners of the superhero psyche will unearth fresh horror.
    ON SALE 08.18.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC
    This issue will ship with two covers.

Same roster

Happy to see DC developing this group dynamic. I'll definitely have to pick up the trades.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Did John and Carol Ferris ever make amends with each other? Carol murdered his wife Katma and John was ready to kill her. I haven't seen any panels of them talking or fixing things.

Deep down, I don't think he forgave her. He might seem like he moved on but he probably hasn't. Which sounds like something John would do.

Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 05-16-2020 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Looks ike Si will only be around for one arc before a Rick and Morty writer takes over:

JUSTICE LEAGUE #51
    written by JEFF LOVENESS
    art by ROBSON ROCHA and DANIEL HENRIQUES
    cover by PHILIP TAN
    variant cover by NICK DERINGTON
    At the mercy of the Black Mercy! As they return from their adventure on the planet Trotha, the Justice League crashes on the homeworld of the Black Mercy! There, they fall prey to the most powerful psychological threat they’ve ever faced! Written by Jeff Loveness (Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty), this two-part descent into the dark corners of the superhero psyche will unearth fresh horror.
    ON SALE 08.18.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC
    This issue will ship with two covers.

Same roster

Happy to see DC developing this group dynamic. I'll definitely have to pick up the trades.
    Loveness wrote some great stories in some of DC’s Anthologies, so I’m excited to see what he does here. I’m interested to see what Stewart’s “ideal world” would be.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Did John and Carol Ferris ever make amends with each other? Carol murdered his wife Katma and John was ready to kill her. I haven't seen any panels of them talking or fixing things.

Deep down, I don't think he forgave her. He might seem like he moved on but he probably hasn't. Which sounds like something John would do.

When I re-read the Johns run, when they talked about what happened to Katma, they just said "a Star Sapphire killed her," so I don't think it was Carol anymore.

John and Carol seemed pretty fine with each other during Godhead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post

Yes, it was addressed. Check out Green Lantern vol. 3 #22 or somewhere around there. I'm just pulling the issue number out of my head. It could be a little off.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 05-16-2020 at 03:09 PM.

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED