BANNED

Undercover

BANNED

Outnumbered but not outgunned

BANNED

Portrait of a hero:

BANNED

I actually see it happening some time in the future to be honest
    I don't,especially after when they were together in the same story on thanagar prime and they barely interacted or talked if you ask me it won't ever happen but I could be wrong.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    ssskkwaaadd
    That is some great artwork. John looks great!

I do have a LOL at Mamoa Aquaman.

Extraordinary Member

Bernard Chang and Marcelo Maiolo are a really great art team.

John works best with a partner that is ride or die in love & on the battlefield, imo.

I'm looking forward to Robert Venditti's Justice League run. Hopefully we'll learn about some new details about John's tatted ring.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I have no idea, but maybe part of them making Holt gay was that she just had the whole romance with Ray, who was also similar to her as science nerds. She and Michael first bonded over thinking that Ray (her boyfriend) was dead, so I don't think they'd be interested in having her move on so soon.
    Good point there. I completely forgot about Ray.

Bernard Chang and Marcelo Maiolo are a really great art team.

the plotting never blew me away but the art style was always interesting and the story overall was consistently solid during this run. I would be more than down for them continuing to use Fatality as John's love interest going forward. they had really good chemistry and having them move on from Xanshi by being together is a compelling way to integrate Xanshi into John's ethos in a meaningful way without having to constantly reference it by having John moping or whining.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

From Morrison's GL Season 2.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    JOHN"S CHARISMA IS FLOWING OFF THAT PAGE UGH I MISS IT!!!

Is that another Earth version of John? I know Morrison was playing around with different GL's in this run.
    Probably his costume soon.

I just did a quick clean up of this thread.
    I deleted posts that did not meet the community standards (or quoted such posts).
    Some pretty disappointing stuff was posted, I have to say.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I just did a quick clean up of this thread.
    I deleted posts that did not meet the community standards (or quoted such posts).
    Some pretty disappointing stuff was posted, I have to say.
    Nothing written in this thread was offensive. How do we challenge your decision? Or can you just unilaterally delete posts without review and then label things as disappointing without context or explanation?

Have you all heard about the Arrow news about them teasing the character of John Diggle becoming Green Lantern, this is completely disrespectful and trivializes the character John Stewart and his fans. They cant just force another character into becoming him.

https://tvline.com/2020/01/24/arrow-...ggle-spoilers/

Black male characters are not interchangeable because they have the name John . It seems Berlanti crew are gonna disrespect John S, just as they have many comic book characters, making original characters and ripping of from comic characters. I'm not so sure anymore about this new HBO Max Green lantern show, if they cant be bothered to do John right and also find a new actor for him. Someone that actually fit the character, the Arrow actor doesnt do it for me.

I think , they think he is not popular enough so they can do whatever they want, which couldnt be further from from truth, John Stewart is one of the most popular black characters of DC and just overall.
    Last edited by HunterX; 01-24-2020 at 06:11 PM.

To be fair this is nothing new when it comes to TV adaptations. The Gotham TV show had an original character called Butch Gilzean, who was killed off in the last season and out of nowhere his birth name was revealed to be Cyrus Gold and he was resurrected as Solomon Grundy. Smallville did it with Jimmy Olsen who after 4 reasons was killed off and turned out to not be the actual Jimmy Olsen and the real Jimmy was revealed to be his little brother the audience never even knew existed until then. I wouldn't necessarily call stuff like that disrespectful, just lazy and forced. But yes, Diggle has a military background, he's black and his first name is John, so let's just make him Green Lantern. lol Anytime there's a rich white dude in a DC show, we should all expect him to be revealed as Batman now. Haha.

It's a double-edged sword, on one hand the John Stewart character would benefit from getting more exposure, on the other hand it's being done in an incredibly shoehorned and ham-fisted way and you just gotta take the good with the bad.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-25-2020 at 03:05 AM.