Page 101 of 145 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2163

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I don't suggest reading it at all and you don't get any (good) developments there. Judd Winnick's work for John is a piece of garbage. Sorry to say that, but it really is.

Yes, it was Winick who's done the relapse. The relapse was due to John accidentally killing his own sister. Judd Winnick's run with John Stewart in the book is crap. Not only this, but John was thinking about being in the gang. Judd Winick even had the character saying he's just the failed black Green Lantern and how Guy and Hal are white and they're all more better than he is. I found his take on the character to be racially offensive. It wasn't needed at all. Like why would you even write John for him to think about being in a street gang!!? Because he's black!? I wouldn't recommend ANY John Stewart fan to read that. All it would do is just upset fans even more.
    Did Winnick write anything for DC that people liked?

edited post.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've seen people cite that for bearded Aquaman. It definitely gives off a very different vibe compared to John's other designs.
    It does, but i think higher ups prefer neoteny in order to appeal to young kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've seen people cite that for bearded Aquaman. It definitely gives off a very different vibe compared to John's other designs.
    I think it has something to do with the mix of freedom and strength a beard usually implies visually vs the more "properly distinguished" and formal look a clean shave gives off. you see a low cut and a clean shave that usually means character is usually disiplined and uniformed, under someone else's authority, where as a beard usually implies some kind of wisedome or being world-weary, like they've been through some **** and they're above or removed from anyone's authority.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Love the new haircut for John. Nice to see him get something other than a crew cut

I like the new uniform as well. Makes them look like swashbucklers. Curious to see where the plot will go though. Something must happen to John and the rest for Jo to end up being the last GL. The GLC always ends up dying sometime before the Legion’s time, wonder if we’re getting that story here...

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    scenes like these make me roll my eyes so hard I can see my spine contort from how intensely I'm cringing. I've started noticing when writers throw in this kinda mild military jargon for soldier/ex-soldiers and starting to realize how clumsy that is. like we don't have much personality for you beyond your military experience so just throw out army jargon and mention how your a soldier a few more times, will ya. it's a small thing, but still, it's becoming predictably awkward reoccurrence.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    that would be a bold move considering how much certain sections of fans really buy into the clean cut stoic take on John but I'm all here for it if were to be so bold. I feel this more rugged look adds a bit of regal-ish authority to his aesthetic. I don't see it happening long-term tho unfortunately
    You know? I can see what you mean. The more I look at it, the more I agree that he does have that rugged regal-ness to him. From a physical sense, this John look kind of reminds me of King Harrow from The Dragon Prince, who is a beautiful Black male depiction.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    scenes like these make me roll my eyes so hard I can see my spine contort from how intensely I'm cringing. I've started noticing when writers throw in this kinda mild military jargon for soldier/ex-soldiers and starting to realize how clumsy that is. like we don't have much personality for you beyond your military experience so just throw out army jargon and mention how your a soldier a few more times, will ya. it's a small thing, but still, it's becoming predictably awkward reoccurrence.
    To me I just see John relating his experience in his civilian life to what they're going through, like how Superman might relate to something as a reporter or Flash as a forensic scientist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Great to not only see John take the mainstage but also to see a focus on the non-human characters as well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    My favorite DC couple.

I truly believe a great writer could squeeze so much mileage with modern stories featuring Kat & John.

In my head canon, MCU Gamora is Katma Tui-Stewart.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    My favorite DC couple.

I truly believe a great writer could squeeze so much mileage with modern stories featuring Kat & John.

In my head canon, MCU Gamora is Katma Tui-Stewart.

My favorite couple as well!

I've been rereading the stories with them and have been pushing the John and Katma agenda lmao.