Page 103 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2163
    BANNED

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post

Reading these scans, a John & Kal bromance would make very enjoyable reading.

They make way more sense than John & Barry, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Venditti wrote the Justice League as a Five Man Band, but he assigned several characters to roles they're not usually written as:

Leader - Green Lantern (Usually the Big Guy)
    Lancer - Batman (Usual)
    Heart - Superman (Usually the Leader)
    Big Guy - Wonder Woman (Usually the Heart)
    Smart Guy - Flash (Usual)
    I enjoyed the shake up! If we’re going to keep the same lineup we’ve had since Morrison, rotating the heroes into different roles feels like a good call. John’s a natural fit as the leader as well, even though he rarely gets to play the role with the Trinity there.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

From the sounds of it, John Stewart isn't going to be as big a part of the Other History of the DCU as I had hoped. Has anyone found any interviews wherein John's role in this gets mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Reading these scans, a John & Kal bromance would make very enjoyable reading.

They make way more sense than John & Barry, imo.
    John and Barry is just fulfilling the need for the GL and Flash on Justice League to be close in my opinion. Like Barry and Jessica crushing on each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I enjoyed the shake up! If we’re going to keep the same lineup we’ve had since Morrison, rotating the heroes into different roles feels like a good call. John’s a natural fit as the leader as well, even though he rarely gets to play the role with the Trinity there.
    Yeah, I'd say Superman and Wonder Woman usually alternate between the Heart and the Big Guy depending on the comic (either them or J'onn) and Wonder Woman and Aquaman tend to fulfill the Lancer role at times.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    For me, I enjoyed a lot of the Pre-Crisis tropes John did not adhere to.

Revealed his identity early on.
    No tales of deception with Katma. John knew he wanted Kat, and avoided a lot of the shenanigans/gaslighting other DC heroes engage in with love interests.
    Actually asking for aid & training after becoming GL full time.
    Thinking outside the box when dealing with situations.

The book was crowded, so I did not mind how the romance was fast tracked.

Outside of Katma, none of his other relationships really stood out, imo. Writers had decades to really bring in a new definitive love interest, it is clear how little thought went into his various romances.

Sadly, it still is not the norm for a black male hero to have a long-standing love interest.
    Personally my choice for John is Vixen. Period!!

I liked Hawkgirl but that has past.....also like the back n forth with Fatality but ultimately it should be Vixen. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Personally my choice for John is Vixen. Period!!

I liked Hawkgirl but that has past.....also like the back n forth with Fatality but ultimately it should be Vixen. Just my opinion.
    i agree.

The way that relationship was played in JLU was perfect. She's playful; he's no-nonsense. He's science, she's magic. She has fun with it, he's doing his duty. It's perfect.
    Last edited by Redjack; 11-19-2020 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    i agree.

The way that relationship was played in JLU was perfect. She playful; he's no-nonsense. He's science, she's magic. She has fun with it, he's doing his duty. It's perfect.
    woahwoahwoah, with all due respect, I'm hella hyped for all your work coming up and imma let you finish but Bronze Tiger and Vixen belong together. I mean you entitled to your wrong opinion, I'm just saying
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    woahwoahwoah, with all due respect, I'm hella hyped for all your work coming up and imma let you finish but Bronze Tiger and Vixen belong together. I mean you entitled to your wrong opinion, I'm just saying
    I have other plans for Ben. If they let me.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    I have other plans for Ben. If they let me.
    ok, touche, well hyped.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    ok, touche, well hyped.
    Wonder if those plans include Ben Junior-Ben's nephew from the Richard Dragon first series. Funny we discover he had a sister and a nephew-who no one mentions again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    John and Barry is just fulfilling the need for the GL and Flash on Justice League to be close in my opinion. Like Barry and Jessica crushing on each other.
    The big guy + smart guy pairing is common in five man bands

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know. The only GL I see really bonding with Barry is Hal. I see John & Oliver getting along great. John & Kal seems different, and refreshing.

However, I'd put down money seeing Barry & Guy forced to interact. That would be an enjoyable train wreck.

Extraordinary Member

Anything Redjack wants to do, I'll give it a try.

I stay stuck in the Bronze Age due to the lack of creative energy by modern writers.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    From the sounds of it, John Stewart isn't going to be as big a part of the Other History of the DCU as I had hoped. Has anyone found any interviews wherein John's role in this gets mentioned?
    In the DC Fandome interview he mentions John and how both him and Jefferson will have two opposing views.