Page 104 of 145 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2163
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    i agree.

The way that relationship was played in JLU was perfect. She's playful; he's no-nonsense. He's science, she's magic. She has fun with it, he's doing his duty. It's perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    I have other plans for Ben. If they let me.
    Redjack, you just keep making me excited for things and I love it lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    In the DC Fandome interview he mentions John and how both him and Jefferson will have two opposing views.
    so I'm guessing John's gonna be playing a role in Jefferson's story as opposed to his own POV issue. Lynn Stewart confirmation incoming?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

CF8F74F0-F799-49BD-9087-F77C1D3E0696.jpg

JUNE 22, 2021

Five decades after his first appearance, this volume collects the greatest moments of the ground-breaking, fan-favorite Green Lantern, John Stewart!

Created by comic book legends Dennis O'Neil and Neal Adams, John Stewart changed both DC's fictional universe and the comics industry itself. Introduced as a substitute for Hal Jordan, DC's primary Green Lantern, John Stewart was DC's first Black superhero, and over the years grew from a back-up player to a main character and arguably the most recognizable Green Lantern. Stewart starred in the Green Lantern series for a time and later his own series, Green Lantern: Mosaic, and was featured in other media adaptations including the beloved Justice League cartoon.

Fifty years following John Stewart's debut, this collection highlights the character's greatest moments over the decades--both space-faring and Earth-bound--from his first appearance in the legendary O'Neil/Adams Green Lantern run, to taking over from Hal Jordan as Earth's Green Lantern, and being rechristened as the first mortal Guardian of the Universe.

This volume includes Green Lantern Vol. 2 #87, #182, #185, Green Lantern Vol. 3 #74, #156, Green Lantern Vol. 4 #49, Green Lantern: Mosaic #18, and Justice League of America #110.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post

JUNE 22, 2021

Five decades after his first appearance, this volume collects the greatest moments of the ground-breaking, fan-favorite Green Lantern, John Stewart!

Created by comic book legends Dennis O'Neil and Neal Adams, John Stewart changed both DC's fictional universe and the comics industry itself. Introduced as a substitute for Hal Jordan, DC's primary Green Lantern, John Stewart was DC's first Black superhero, and over the years grew from a back-up player to a main character and arguably the most recognizable Green Lantern. Stewart starred in the Green Lantern series for a time and later his own series, Green Lantern: Mosaic, and was featured in other media adaptations including the beloved Justice League cartoon.

Fifty years following John Stewart's debut, this collection highlights the character's greatest moments over the decades--both space-faring and Earth-bound--from his first appearance in the legendary O'Neil/Adams Green Lantern run, to taking over from Hal Jordan as Earth's Green Lantern, and being rechristened as the first mortal Guardian of the Universe.

This volume includes Green Lantern Vol. 2 #87, #182, #185, Green Lantern Vol. 3 #74, #156, Green Lantern Vol. 4 #49, Green Lantern: Mosaic #18, and Justice League of America #110.
    They DO know who wrote that issue?

So it takes DC housecleaning to get a book that is really 20 year overdue.

This will mark the first time John's first appearance hits a trade. So now Vixen remains the most prominent black heroine to not have her first appearance in trade.

Yes and that's probably why it's the only Mosiac issue included and why they went out of the way to avoid mentioning his name in the press release.

JUNE 22, 2021

They're doing these for the individual Lanterns? I remember reading one that was just for the franchise as a whole and it included John's first appearance and a Mosaic issue.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They're doing these for the individual Lanterns? I remember reading one that was just for the franchise as a whole and it included John's first appearance and a Mosaic issue.
    Just John, I think. I didn't see one for Kyle, Guy or Alan. Jess is too new to really warrant one, so it looks like just John gets this. Despite my love for Guy and Alan, other than John I would argue Kyle is the only one who really deserves his own volume as much as John. It's cool that DC is giving John a celebratory compilation.

JUNE 22, 2021

GL vol 2 #87- John's first ever appearance
    GL vol 2 #182- The first issue of John permanently replacing Hal
    GL vol 2 #185- The origin story of becoming a GL after Hal

GL vol 4 #49- That Blackest Night issue

Green Lantern: Mosaic #18- Last issue of Mosaic

Justice League of America #110- First time meeting the JL

Honestly, who put this together because this is ass. The first three issues are perfect but after it's just crap. The GL vol 3 first issue is John getting his ass kicked by Grayven and mainly focuses on Donna and Kyle. Like why is this here? I never read the other one so I can't comment.

GL vol 4 is that eye-rolling Blackest Night issue where they introduce a dead Katma which is dumb because there's no context on who she is if newer readers want to pick this up and its just more military angry stoic boring John.

I don't know why they used the last issue of Mosaic, That story requires A LOT of contexts and just dropping the last issue is dumb. Considering the writer I wouldn't even put Mosaic in here tbh.

The Jl issue is fine but its short.

Steve Englehart and some of his issues should've been in here. They establish his relationship with Katma and also reintroduce her. Also, John had some badass feats in that run. Issue # 188 and #193 for example.

Van Jenson's GLC should've also been put here. That run was probably the only good modern run that focused on him. I do see that this run was very crossover heavy but it still featured so many good moments.

Maybe this is coming out for upcoming John stuff but I would rather use my money on Green Lantern: Sector 2814 Volume 2 and 3. I sound very negative but it could've been way better.

BANNED

JUNE 22, 2021

Thank the Lord for new management-- Never ever would've seen this from the people who kept John down during the 2000s and 2010s.

Love how they're celebrating 50 years of JOHN STEWART specifically-- Can't wait to buy this.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 11-20-2020 at 01:49 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    GL vol 2 #87- John's first ever appearance
    GL vol 2 #182- The first issue of John permanently replacing Hal
    GL vol 2 #185- The origin story of becoming a GL after Hal

GL vol 4 #49- That Blackest Night issue

Green Lantern: Mosaic #18- Last issue of Mosaic

Justice League of America #110- First time meeting the JL

Honestly, who put this together because this is ass. The first three issues are perfect but after it's just crap. The GL vol 3 first issue is John getting his ass kicked by Grayven and mainly focuses on Donna and Kyle. Like why is this here? I never read the other one so I can't comment.

GL vol 4 is that eye-rolling Blackest Night issue where they introduce a dead Katma which is dumb because there's no context on who she is if newer readers want to pick this up and its just more military angry stoic boring John.

I don't know why they used the last issue of Mosaic, That story requires A LOT of contexts and just dropping the last issue is dumb. Considering the writer I wouldn't even put Mosaic in here tbh.

The Jl issue is fine but its short.

Steve Englehart and some of his issues should've been in here. They establish his relationship with Katma and also reintroduce her. Also, John had some badass feats in that run. Issue # 188 and #193 for example.

Van Jenson's GLC should've also been put here. That run was probably the only good modern run that focused on him. I do see that this run was very crossover heavy but it still featured so many good moments.

Maybe this is coming out for upcoming John stuff but I would rather use my money on Green Lantern: Sector 2814 Volume 2 and 3. I sound very negative but it could've been way better.
    Hopefully parts of the book will include explanatory material.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So now Vixen remains the most prominent black heroine to not have her first appearance in trade.
    I bought a trade of her miniseries for my cousin a few years ago.

This will mark the first time John's first appearance hits a trade. So now Vixen remains the most prominent black heroine to not have her first appearance in trade.

Wow really? Never knew this.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Hopefully parts of the book will include explanatory material.
    Hopefully. I'm complaining but I might buy it anyway just to support John.

BANNED

I've seen you say this before, but that statement is just not true. I know because I have the trade. His first appearance is in this one. Has been for years. I don't know when that was published, but I probably bought it around 2007 or 8. Long time ago. It wouldn't surprise me if it also popped up in some other collection somewhere, but it might not have.

Anyway, about the upcoming trade, that's pretty cool, I guess. For people looking for John Stewart stuff in trade the Sector 2814 Vol. 2 and 3 books are probably the best they'll find. But at least this will narrow things down some for people specifically looking to easily find some stuff for this character in comics.

Astonishing Member

Wonder if those plans include Ben Junior-Ben's nephew from the Richard Dragon first series. Funny we discover he had a sister and a nephew-who no one mentions again.
    I'd definitely be willing to see more of nephew Ben Jr. in Bronze Tiger's life. Would love a familial martial arts/hero connect to grow between and be expressed by two Black characters.

(Please pardon my off-topic in the John Steward thread.)