Page 118 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2163

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Future State preview!

This looks so good! I love John's hairstyle. I wonder whether John will probably have another alias in Future State?

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    This looks so good! I love John's hairstyle. I wonder whether John will probably have another alias in Future State?
    I think he's supposed to be some kind of sheriff or warden of wherever the GL's are stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think he's supposed to be some kind of sheriff or warden of wherever the GL's are stuck.
    I'm wondering what kind of new name they may give him if he has another alias. This is great, because it adds more depth to the character.

Hopefully we get a John solo, been dyin for it forever. Let's see what he can do in the driver's seat for real.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    Hopefully we get a John solo, been dyin for it forever. Let's see what he can do in the driver's seat for real.
    Like seriously. I've been waiting for over a decade. Hopefully there will be MORE defining moments for the character to where other writers can pick up from. And not just using Xanshi all over the place.

Like seriously. I've been waiting for over a decade. Hopefully there will be MORE defining moments for the character to where other writers can pick up from. And not just using Xanshi all over the place.
    if you like epic, cosmic stories where the stakes are life and death, it's time to buy some new seatbelts. you'll want to buckle up.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    if you like epic, cosmic stories where the stakes are life and death, it's time to buy some new seatbelts. you'll want to buckle up.
    Sounds promising!! I'm super excited for this!

Ring is back. I think we can safely say the tattoo will be forgotten

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Good, though has John ever worn green gloves before or is it a coloring mistake? Feels off to me.

But I'm very glad to see a man and his ring were not so easily parted. The tattoo ring never worked for me.

it's there literally in the same issue

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Porter is just inconsistent
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-05-2020 at 07:09 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Ah I missed that. Hey maybe they’ll actually do something with the set up in Endless Winter!

Ah I missed that. Hey maybe they’ll actually do something with the set up in Endless Winter!
    I think we have a good chance of Ron Marz doing something with John's tattoo ring, given his history.

at this point, I feel so gyped by the way Snyder set it up with something legitimately cool and really made it seem like he was pulling for John and would do something cool with him, only to drop it and him entirely, I would be fine if they simply used the story to explain it away. If they just sweep it under the rug like it didn't happen while also using still using things like the Invisible Spectrum/the Ultraviolet Lanterns, I'm not gonna lie, that'll feel kinda like a slap in the face as someone who was really buying what Snyder was selling with John. I dug John's Secret Origins where we find out the Guardians have been following his whole life, I dug Mosaic, I dug the Star Sapphire ring and his more complicated relationship with Fatality, all swept under the rug and never given properly closure. I don't care if it's explained away in Endless Winter or Future State or whatever comes next by whoever, Redjack already got me hyped for John again so they have my goodwill for the character for now, I just want DC to do me this one solid.

hell it can be as dumb or simple as "oh man. it's so cold! guess I gotta use my Green Lantern powers to reignite the sun or something! hey look I'm normal again and the Guardians made me a new ring. dope!" I don't even care at this point.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks more like a Robin Hood and his Merry Men or Beric Dondarrion and the Brotherhood Without Banners situation to me-- A group of unauthorized ronin keeping the peace