Page 119 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2163
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    at this point, I feel so gyped by the way Snyder set it up with something legitimately cool and really made it seem like he was pulling for John and would do something cool with him, only to drop it and him entirely, I would be fine if they simply used the story to explain it away. If they just sweep it under the rug like it didn't happen while also using still using things like the Invisible Spectrum/the Ultraviolet Lanterns, I'm not gonna lie, that'll feel kinda like a slap in the face as someone who was really buying what Snyder was selling with John. I dug John's Secret Origins where we find out the Guardians have been following his whole life, I dug Mosaic, I dug the Star Sapphire ring and his more complicated relationship with Fatality, all swept under the rug and never given properly closure. I don't care if it's explained away in Endless Winter or Future State or whatever comes next by whoever, Redjack already got me hyped for John again so they have my goodwill for the character for now, I just want DC to do me this one solid.

hell it can be as dumb or simple as "oh man. it's so cold! guess I gotta use my Green Lantern powers to reignite the sun or something! hey look I'm normal again and the Guardians made me a new ring. dope!" I don't even care at this point.
    Maybe I'm weird but I just like the idea that he has an actual tool. The tattoo just puts me to sleep. It's like a Ghost Rider who can just materialize a bike from hellfire. At some level, that loss of tangibility just loses something else for me even though they're equally fake because it's ink and paper. But as much as a real bike molded by hellfire into the Rider's cycle, a ring is cooler than some ink on his finger and an internal battery. I like that a GL can lose their ring or when it dries up they're at the mercy of finding a lantern and so forth.

Probably just me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I dug John's Secret Origins where we find out the Guardians have been following his whole life.
    This is one of my favorite parts of John's origin. The Guardians following the Stewart line for some reason and then manufacturing a scenario to test John for the Corp has a certain mythic gravitas to it, like Jor-El sending his hopes and dreams off into space, Thomas Wayne trying to build a better world for his son, and Hippolyta raising a daughter destined to change the world. It seems as though the Guardians see John as their hammer, helping to forge an emerald dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Maybe I'm weird but I just like the idea that he has an actual tool. The tattoo just puts me to sleep. It's like a Ghost Rider who can just materialize a bike from hellfire. At some level, that loss of tangibility just loses something else for me even though they're equally fake because it's ink and paper. But as much as a real bike molded by hellfire into the Rider's cycle, a ring is cooler than some ink on his finger and an internal battery. I like that a GL can lose their ring or when it dries up they're at the mercy of finding a lantern and so forth.

Probably just me.
    Not just you.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    SyFy says it's happening but the wording makes it seem like it will continue directly after Future State. Gonna have to wait and see.

For the characters of DC Comics, the future is looking a little brighter. Ahead of the two-month "Future State" event beginning in January, the publisher announced a handful of new titles spawning out from the event. During today's virtual panels for "Future State" at Brazil's CCXP con, the comics publisher announced returning ongoing runs for Justice League Dark, Suicide Squad, and Swamp Thing, plus new series for Green Lantern and New Teen Titans Academy.

"Future State" is a two-month long event showing the future that awaits various DC characters, putting them into new and exciting (or life threatening) situations. The new series will continue on from that future.

Lantern will be written by Geoffrey Thorne and drawn by Tom Raney, the team behind the primary John Stewart-led arc in Green Lantern's "Future State" miniseries. John and the remaining Lanterns will be "stranded" inside a dead power battery and forced to adapt to being powerless.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/dc-com...ate-new-series

Wonderful news I’m going to hope/assuming John will be the lead in this series & I also hope he keeps his spot in JL aswell..

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Wonderful news I’m going to hope/assuming John will be the lead in this series & I also hope he keeps his spot in JL aswell..
    Hopefully we'll get more news on Monday.

I also think keeping John on the league would be a good move as well, if they're serious about pushing and promoting the character. Because he needs all the promotion and pushes he can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Hopefully we'll get more news on Monday.

I also think keeping John on the league would be a good move as well, if they're serious about pushing and promoting the character. Because he needs all the promotion and pushes he can get.
    I don’t think he’ll keep his League spot since he’s getting a solo series. I think it’ll go like this :

Solo: John Stewart
    JL: Jessica Cruz
    Titans: Kyle Rayner
    JSA: Alan Scott

Where that leaves Hal, Guy, Simon and Jo is anyone’s guess, though the latter still has her own series too. Whatever the case, it’s about time John got his own book (needs 20 issues to surpass 100 comics as the lead character).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    I don’t think he’ll keep his League spot since he’s getting a solo series. I think it’ll go like this :

Where that leaves Hal, Guy, Simon and Jo is anyone’s guess, though the latter still has her own series too. Whatever the case, it’s about time John got his own book (needs 20 issues to surpass 100 comics as the lead character).
    I could see a Lantern joining a team like the Outlaws or the Terrifics.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post

So I'm guessing there may be some kind of shakeup in the JL if that's the case, then.

BANNED

So I'm guessing there may be some kind of shakeup in the JL if that's the case, then.
    Or there could be other Justice League titles like Odyssey and Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Or there could be other Justice League titles like Odyssey and Dark.
    Yea, that could be a possibility

Extraordinary Member

If John gets a title, do you think they’ll bring back Katma Tui?

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    If John gets a title, do you think they’ll bring back Katma Tui?
    As much as I liked Katma it's been far too long and they already have a GL from Korugar. On the other hand if Earth can have multiple GLs it would make sense to have some for other planets as well. I hope Thorne does new things with John Stewart and builds him up well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    As much as I liked Katma it's been far too long and they already have a GL from Korugar. On the other hand if Earth can have multiple GLs it would make sense to have some for other planets as well. I hope Thorne does new things with John Stewart and builds him up well.
    Yeah, I think Soranik's sector partner was Iolande... But Soranik's not wearing green these days, is she?

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Yeah, I think Soranik's sector partner was Iolande... But Soranik's not wearing green these days, is she?
    Good question, I wonder what happened with Sora? Last time I've seen her, she was a Yellow Lantern.

There might be, only way to know is for solicitations to come out. Though I will say this last run had the best JL lineup of all time! Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Barry Allen, John Stewart, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter and Hawkgirl is damn good lineup

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Good question, I wonder what happened with Sora? Last time I've seen her, she was a Yellow Lantern.
    Soranik Natu... wasted potential. Never should have made her Sinestro's daughter.