Page 122 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2163

As a hardcore John Stewart fan, I've been waiting for this to happen for nearly two decades now. I couldn't be any happier as a comic book fan. I could finally be at peace with DC.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Looks like the new ongoing will star John Stewart, which I’m cool with honestly.

“ In April, Future State: Green Lantern writer Geoffrey Thorne continues to uphold the oath of the Green Lantern Corps with a new Green Lantern ongoing series spotlighting John Stewart.”

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/1...-worlds-brazil
    Hell yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Looks like the new ongoing will star John Stewart, which I’m cool with honestly.

“ In April, Future State: Green Lantern writer Geoffrey Thorne continues to uphold the oath of the Green Lantern Corps with a new Green Lantern ongoing series spotlighting John Stewart.”

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/1...-worlds-brazil
    One thing I hope Redjack does is either do an origin story arc, or at least an All-Star Superman quick summary of John. It’s been ages since John’s origin got an update, now is the perfect time to revisit that and update it for the modern day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    One thing I hope Redjack does is either do an origin story arc, or at least an All-Star Superman quick summary of John. It’s been ages since John’s origin got an update, now is the perfect time to revisit that and update it for the modern day.
    Absolutely, Van Jensen did a nice update, but it was rushed because it was part of an anthology. More on John's origin, background, and even his first year would be welcome.

BANNED

Looks like John has heterochromia in the cover above-- Lingering power battery energy?

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Absolutely, Van Jensen did a nice update, but it was rushed because it was part of an anthology. More on John's origin, background, and even his first year would be welcome.
    It was a good really good origin. I was very satisfied with it. John's origin definitely needs to be retold again in a longer fashion.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Absolutely. O'Neil & Adams tale is very dated. It's due for something more modern and compelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    It was a good really good origin. I was very satisfied with it. John's origin definitely needs to be retold again in a longer fashion.
    Is that the Year Zero flashback issue? I thought that was interesting, but I want something that goes earlier. I want stuff that touches on him wanting to become an architect. The Marine stuff should be there, but I don't want it to be his defining feature anymore.

I want to know more about his childhood. His mom's social activist background. The murder of his grandfather by his grandmother. Or has that been forgotten?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Is that the Year Zero flashback issue? I thought that was interesting, but I want something that goes earlier. I want stuff that touches on him wanting to become an architect. The Marine stuff should be there, but I don't want it to be his defining feature anymore.

I want to know more about his childhood. His mom's social activist background. The murder of his grandfather by his grandmother. Or has that been forgotten?
    No, the origin we're talking about came out afterward in an anthology book. Here's a summary:

Some of the elements you referenced were from Mosaic, but I think they should be reincorporated and expanded on too--adds an interesting kind of verisimilitude. But what I really want to see is the prophecy surrounding John that led to the Guardians manufacturing his induction into the Corps. At one point, it was called the Tower of Talo prophecy, but I think Jensen was setting up something different, since the prophecy came from Mosaic as well.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 12-07-2020 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    No, the origin we're talking about came out afterward in an anthology book. Here's a summary:

Some of the elements you referenced were from Mosaic, but I think they should be reincorporated and expanded on too--adds an interesting kind of verisimilitude. But what I really want to see is the prophecy surrounding John that led to the Guardians manufacturing his induction into the Corps.
    The idea that John was predestined by the Guardians who ordered Hal Jordan to induct John Stewart into the Corps was exciting to me in 1994, but I'm a bit tired of Chosen One stories after decades of Matrixes, Star Warses, and Kyle's magical Ion / Parallax / White Lantern Chosen One parade. I don't want to see anyone merge with the green energy to become a higher cosmic being again for another few years at least.

I wouldn't want to ignore the idea that John past Chosen One status, but I'd rather read this crazy Fury Road story Redjack has planned right now

BANNED

The idea that John was predestined by the Guardians who ordered Hal Jordan to induct John Stewart into the Corps was exciting to me in 1994, but I'm a bit tired of Chosen One stories after decades of Matrixes, Star Warses, and Kyle's magical Ion / Parallax / White Lantern Chosen One parade. I don't want to see anyone merge with the green energy to become a higher cosmic being again for another few years at least.

I wouldn't want to ignore the idea that John past Chosen One status, but I'd rather read this crazy Fury Road story Redjack has planned right now
    Yeah, fair, new adventures are paramount-- I just like that part of his origin. I'm sure I'll be engaged wherever Redjack decides to go.

Extraordinary Member

Absolutely. O'Neil & Adams tale is very dated. It's due for something more modern and compelling.
    I dunno.

The first appearance of John contained police harassing black men, and a racist politician seeking to create civil unrest. We still dealing with this in 2020.

Yeah, update the dialogue.....

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

We gotta wait till April? Someone freeze me now!

At least we finally got a confirmation. I guess that's why we won't be seeing a cover or widespread shot since it's still a few months away.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    We gotta wait till April? Someone freeze me now!

At least we finally got a confirmation. I guess that's why we won't be seeing a cover or widespread shot since it's still a few months away.
    I would love to get more “spread ads” like Hickman X-Men and Cloonan WW got. Hoping for one for Supes when the next teams for his books get announced. I love those big shots of the mythos with the main hero, their Rogues, and their supporting cast. Would be cool to get something like that for John.