Page 123 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2163

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Yeah, fair, new adventures are paramount-- I just like that part of his origin. I'm sure I'll be engaged wherever Redjack decides to go.
    Over the first few months of 2021 I'll have four Big 2 comics and one Kickstarter Antho story rolling out.

one writer, 5 stories. 2 months.

Nothing you've read of mine before will prep you for these comics. Part of the reason i did them was to write in a bunch of different styles, across the board. following that I'm dropping three indie titles which will also be different from the Big 2 projects, style-wise. Put vixen and green lantern next to each other. see how it rolls.

This GL story is going to be a bumpy ride and it won't be like anything shown in the GL books before. And it will have deep roots in the DC mythology.

When I write Big 2 comics I try to do something fun and different than what people expect both from me and from the title.

Future State is going to be insane. Just keep reminding yourself it's a flash forward by quite some time. A lot of what's the past in the Future State book will not have happened at all in the Green Lantern book. Not yet.

in the words of the prophet:

shake 'em up
    shake 'em up
    shake 'em up
    shake 'em
    Roll 'em in a circle of homies
    and watch me
    break 'em

watch.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I would love to get more “spread ads” like Hickman X-Men and Cloonan WW got. Hoping for one for Supes when the next teams for his books get announced. I love those big shots of the mythos with the main hero, their Rogues, and their supporting cast. Would be cool to get something like that for John.
    I'm very curious about the next status quo towards Supes.

I hope John gets one. Widespread shots for new relaunches bring more hype to the book. X-men are infamous for them.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    It was a good really good origin. I was very satisfied with it. John's origin definitely needs to be retold again in a longer fashion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Absolutely. O'Neil & Adams tale is very dated. It's due for something more modern and compelling.
    It pains me to admit it, but yeah. I never realized how much I would like to see John's story retold, especially since he clearly has several moments in his life that make for clear story beats (architect and civil rights activist, marine, Katma, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I'm very curious about the next status quo towards Supes.

I hope John gets one. Widespread shots for new relaunches bring more hype to the book. X-men are infamous for them.
    I’d kill to see Campbell do an ad like that. I loooooooove his art in Far Sector especially how he draws constructs.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It pains me to admit it, but yeah. I never realized how much I would like to see John's story retold, especially since he clearly has several moments in his life that make for clear story beats (architect and civil rights activist, marine, Katma, etc.)
    A retelling of his origin story would be epic. Probably one of my favorite parts were how the guardians watched over him on how strong willed he was when he was underage. They specifically chose him, which I thought was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Over the first few months of 2021 I'll have four Big 2 comics and one Kickstarter Antho story rolling out.

Nothing you've read of mine before will prep you for these comics. Part of the reason i did them was to write in a bunch of different styles, across the board. following that I'm dropping three indie titles which will also be different from the Big 2 projects, style-wise. Put vixen and green lantern next to each other. see how it rolls.

This GL story is going to be a bumpy ride and it won't be like anything shown in the GL books before. And it will have deep roots in the DC mythology.

When I write Big 2 comics I try to do something fun and different than what people expect both from me and from the title.

Future State is going to be insane. Just keep reminding yourself it's a flash forward by quite some time. A lot of what's the past in the Future State book will not have happened at all in the Green Lantern book. Not yet.

shake 'em up
    shake 'em up
    shake 'em up
    shake 'em
    and watch me
    break 'em

watch.
    I'm looking forward to it! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post

shake 'em up
    shake 'em up
    shake 'em up
    shake 'em
    and watch me
    break 'em

watch.
    I'm pumped-- That's a lot of content to look forward to!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I dunno.

The first appearance of John contained police harassing black men, and a racist politician seeking to create civil unrest. We still dealing with this in 2020.

Yeah, update the dialogue.....
    That's what I'm talking about. I love the beats of the original story, but I'd like it told in a more contemporary setting. I watched the recap video of his New 52 origin and I found it lacking. The initial friction between Hal and John is a wonderful element to the origin story. This is really the first time Hal has to train his replacement and he completely misjudges John. It's a wonderful dynamic, but, as with most of Hard Travelling Heroes, it's too heavy handed for modern readers.

I would love to see an update that incorporates all the various elements from John's origins, including the notion that the Guardians chose John, rather than the ring choosing him, which I thought was an interesting distinction.

I think the relationship between John and his mother is a unique one that I've never seen in superhero comics. I'd rather they keep John's father absent and not an issue. There are too many GLs with daddy issues already

BANNED

One of the good things about the New 52 origin is that John is the sole focus

True that political intrigue is always interesting though
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 12-08-2020 at 06:26 AM.

Incredible Member

John has been my fav Green Lantern since he took the lead role in the regular GL book back when, I think, Englehart was writing. He has always had more personality than Hal. Always. I’ve just never found Hal to be interesting.

I’ll be all in for another GL series with John as the focus!

In April, Future State: Green Lantern writer Geoffrey Thorne continues to uphold the oath of the Green Lantern Corps with a new Green Lantern ongoing series spotlighting John Stewart.”
    Man, it feel so good reading that quote lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    We gotta wait till April? Someone freeze me now!

At least we finally got a confirmation. I guess that's why we won't be seeing a cover or widespread shot since it's still a few months away.
    Yea, it's a bummer. I was hoping that we would see at least a new cover or something. I don't wanna wait another month just to get some details lol

Quote Originally Posted by vordan View Post
    i would love to get more “spread ads” like hickman x-men and cloonan ww got. Hoping for one for supes when the next teams for his books get announced. I love those big shots of the mythos with the main hero, their rogues, and their supporting cast. Would be cool to get something like that for john.
    Yes. A million times, yes!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think the relationship between John and his mother is a unique one that I've never seen in superhero comics. I'd rather they keep John's father absent and not an issue. There are too many GLs with daddy issues already
    Sorry I need to see some black fathers around who GET ALONG with their kid. Too many black males seem to have issues with Daddy or he is MIA.
    Despite what some with agenda think-black men do take care of their kids.

BANNED

John's mom has a good head on her shoulders, so I would assume (in the realm of fiction) she made a good choice with John's father. I can't remember any descriptions of his father though...

We know he has a sister (Rose or Lynn) and a (deceased) brother (Scott or Damon) though.

He also has an aunt Loretta. . . I think he has other family mentioned in Mosaic but otherwise forgotten.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 12-08-2020 at 04:51 PM.