Page 128 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2163

I wish that they can release the new GL cover for John this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I wish that they can release the new GL cover for John this week.
    I'm curious if there will will be a change of costume. Redjack did say as long as he's writing John he'd have a unique character design and a distinct silhouette, at the time we'd already seen his dope Future State design but I'm curious if that will extend to his Green Lantern run as well. If so, and if both stories live up to the hype like I hope they do, John could be moving up a lot of people's top heroes list (myself included).
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'm curious if there will will be a change of costume. Redjack did say as long as he's writing John he'd have a unique character design and a distinct silhouette, at the time we'd already seen his dope Future State design but I'm curious if that will extend to his Green Lantern run as well. If so, and if both stories live up to the hype like I hope they do, John could be moving up a lot of people's top heroes list (myself included).
    Agreed, I'm wondering whether there may be some updates to his existing costume. That would be interesting to see. John's costume always have been good and received good feedback among GL fans. So if there's an update on his costume, it would probably a small change and nothing major. What he's doing with John makes me even more anxious to read his book.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Agreed, I'm wondering whether there may be some updates to his existing costume. That would be interesting to see. John's costume always have been good and received good feedback among GL fans. So if there's an update on his costume, it would probably a small change and nothing major. What he's doing with John makes me even more anxious to read his book.
    Honestly if he’s changing the costume I’d go for a radical redesign, something to immediately signify this is a new era. You could always switch back later on but I like variant costumes. Batman and Superman have plenty, I wouldn’t mind seeing John get a few new ones, especially since Kyle redesigns his costume as he pleases.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Honestly if he’s changing the costume I’d go for a radical redesign, something to immediately signify this is a new era. You could always switch back later on but I like variant costumes. Batman and Superman have plenty, I wouldn’t mind seeing John get a few new ones, especially since Kyle redesigns his costume as he pleases.
    John does have the least personalized costume of the humans Lanterns next to Hal (who kinda has to seeing as his is the blueprint design) since Kyle and Guy started that trend. it would be nice to see something radically new, especially if it plays into character and story; the only character thing John has now are the gloveless thing but it's meaning is rarely remembered and it's an easily overlooked aspect. a good design imo should have the character's heart on their sleeve so to speak, ya know?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Astonishing Member

John does have the least personalized costume of the humans Lanterns next to Hal (who kinda has to seeing as his is the blueprint design) since Kyle and Guy started that trend. it would be nice to see something radically new, especially if it plays into character and story; the only character thing John has now are the gloveless thing but it's meaning is rarely remembered and it's an easily overlooked aspect. a good design imo should have the character's heart on their sleeve so to speak, ya know?
    See, even I didn't know that there was an apparent story/character reason for John Steward not having gloved hands (outside JLU).

What is the reason?

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    See, even I didn't know that there was an apparent story/character reason for John Steward not having gloved hands (outside JLU).

What is the reason?
    I have a bad memory so I'm sure someone will correct me, but I believe it was around the Moasic era (maybe a bit before), and it was supposed to be something along the lines of not wanting to do dirty jobs with white gloves. If a job is messy he wants to get his hands dirty, do things with his own two, with his real hands, skin, and bones; the real him.

EDIT: Looks like my memory is pretty amazing, did some goggling and found the panels: GL Vol. 3 #17
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-15-2020 at 01:15 AM.

currently following:

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I'm so ready for a new costume and a new hairstyle.

Astonishing Member

I have a bad memory so I'm sure someone will correct me, but I believe it was around the Moasic era (maybe a bit before), and it was supposed to be something along the lines of not wanting to do dirty jobs with white gloves. If a job is messy he wants to get his hands dirty, do things with his own two, with his real hands, skin, and bones; the real him.

EDIT: Looks like my memory is pretty amazing, did some goggling and found the panels: GL Vol. 3 #17
    Ah, okay then. Definitely before my comic-reading time.

Out of all the Future State stuff, the John Stewart stuff is the only thing that intrigued me thus far. Superman, Batman, Titans, all look like rehashes of old plot lines but with prettier art. John's new look, design and direction filled me with anticipation that I haven't had in a while for a DC book. I've been a fan of the character ever since the JLU era. The more I look at John's new look the more I keep wanting to see it animated. JLU style. Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman all gathered at the round table when John bursts in to the room with his new look. Everyone's shocked and confused. Then WW in Susan Eisenberg's voice goes "John! It's been so long! Where have you" then John in Phil Lamarr's iconic booming voice goes "No time to talk, we've got work to do!".

BANNED

On the gloves thing, I don't think the bare hands thing works for John. Fingerless>Gloved>Barehanded

I generally like John's costume but think minor updates would be fine.

Just not looking for something as radical. Wonder Woman has fallen flat with radical deviations:

It would be terrible if a bad costume put a stink on the run, especially since I want it to be collected in order for it to serve as an introduction to John Stewart for new readers.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 12-15-2020 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    On the gloves thing, I don't think the bare hands thing works for John. Fingerless>Gloved>Barehanded

I generally like John's costume but think minor updates would be fine.

Just not looking for something as radical. Wonder Woman has fallen flat with radical deviations:

It would be terrible if a bad costume put a stink on the run, especially since I want it to be collected in order for it to serve as an introduction to John Stewart for new readers.
    I disagree, the gloveless look always looked silly to me and the him having gloves doesn't really do anything for me besides make his costume have less character. John's suit is fine but I'm ready for a radical change. I mean Wonder Woman has had a multitude of radically different costumes over the years, every major character does, why should we limit John? especially if the few distinct aspects of his suit that are informed by his character are constantly overlooked or forgotten.

currently following:

they made sure to let us know John has that tattoo ring, and found that kinda hilarious. I love how DC (or their artists) will just zoom in as if to go "hey, remember he still has this guys!" they gotta hurry up and just tell us what's going on with that. and the green eyes? I love to see it.

currently following:

BANNED

I disagree, the gloveless look always looked silly to me and the him having gloves doesn't really do anything for me besides make his costume have less character. John's suit is fine but I'm ready for a radical change. I mean Wonder Woman has had a multitude of radically different costumes over the years, every major character does, why should we limit John? especially if the few distinct aspects of his suit that are informed by his character are constantly overlooked or forgotten.
    Wonder Woman is established, so you can screw up her costume from time to time without it permanently damaging her. People just buy fewer of those trades.

At this point in time, I don't want something radical as John is still getting his legs under him. He's in need of iconic stories right now, and I don't want a bad costume to detract from that. Down the line, more experimentation is fine.

As of now, we've seen some hilariously bad ones--

Phallic.

On the gloves point-- Fingerless allows you to have that explanation about having a personal touch or whatever, but I really think completely barehanded is is a poor aesthetic choice.

Another fingerless glove idea:

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 12-15-2020 at 09:37 AM.

BANNED

they made sure to let us know John has that tattoo ring, and found that kinda hilarious. I love how DC (or their artists) will just zoom in as if to go "hey, remember he still has this guys!" they gotta hurry up and just tell us what's going on with that. and the green eyes? I love to see it.
    I'm more interested in how the writer brings up John's mom. I always liked that while other heroes look up to their fathers, John thinks his mom is his hero. When Ron Marz mentioned that DC has plans for John in 2021, it made me think that there were meetings or something on what to do with John and hammering out who he is. Hopefully bringing up his family like this is a sign of things to come.