Page 23 of 145 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    Which are the best John Stewart comics? In-and-out cannon continuity (I never knew about a Stewart´s brother, only knew about Lynn)
    The Modern Era

Green Lantern Corps: Rebuild

Green Lantern Corps: Uprising

Green Lantern: Lights Out

Green Lantern: Godhead

Secret Origins #9

Classic Tales

Tales of the Green Lantern Corps Volume 3

Green Lantern: Sector 2814 Volume 2

Green Lantern: Sector 2814 Volume 3

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I would admit that I felt a little tension, but that was probably because we really haven't seen John interact much with female characters.

I'm glad you brought this up, because she mentioned about John's power ring. She talked about his ring, but technically, John no longer has a power ring. I actually thought John was going to correct her or something.

With that said, I do like Robert Venditti making John a competent character. He's proven to be a good leader on this issue.
    This reminds me...i need to research this.

Wikipedia seems to have this info.
    Last edited by Customizer; 03-09-2020 at 02:31 AM.
    Don't complain. Create.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post

Jamal Campbell
    I love this one!

Now that Dan Didio is out the door FINALLY, hopefully this roster stays longer. By far my favorite JL roster.

Taken from DC Cosmic News

This is exactly what I imagined when it was announced Robert Venditti as the writer for Justice League. John Stewart getting some love and having screen time. You would not see that happening if a writer isn't fond of the character. This was the reason why I was bit....well.. excited when Robert Venditti was the new Justice League writer.

BANNED

Taken from DC Cosmic News
    It's these sort of interactions that I've wanted from this title. Venditti has been doing fun character work, and a smaller roster helps. I like the rotating 6th slot thing he seems to be doing, based on the solicits.

BANNED

This is exactly what I imagined when it was announced Robert Venditti as the writer for Justice League. John Stewart getting some love and having screen time. You would not see that happening if a writer isn't fond of the character. This was the reason why I was bit....well.. excited when Robert Venditti was the new Justice League writer.
    He's been good to John. Will be interesting to see how things play out with Didio out. Pretty sure he's who solicited a pitch for Johns's run, and he's who solicited a pitch from Morrison. Really silver age focused. As a John fan, it will be great if things move passed that.

It's these sort of interactions that I've wanted from this title. Venditti has been doing fun character work, and a smaller roster helps. I like the rotating 6th slot thing he seems to be doing, based on the solicits.
    Yea, the stories are more character focused, instead of having stories on overly big events and adding character after character into your story to where the core characters loses focus.

He's been good to John. Will be interesting to see how things play out with Didio out. Pretty sure he's who solicited a pitch for Johns's run, and he's who solicited a pitch from Morrison. Really silver age focused. As a John fan, it will be great if things move passed that.
    I like the way Robert Venditti's handling John Stewart. When Mark Russell solicited a pitch for a John Stewart solo, he didn't have an answer and said he probably couldn't because Grant Morrison was doing The Green Lantern. I'm pretty sure Dan Didio didn't want to approve for a John Stewart solo. I also wouldn't even be surprised if he was the one behind the scenes when Brian Azzarello's All-Star Green Lantern fell through. I'm glad that he's finally gone. So I am curious to see what happens with John Stewart, now that Didio is finally irrelevant to anything DC and can't hurt the character no more.

Incredible Member

^ Sooooooo....are you implying Dan Didio was the equivalent of Issac "Ike" Perlmutter at DC?

I've been trying to figure out who was the person or person's behind the scenes at DC that were stopping the advancement of John Stewart and Cyborg.
    Don't complain. Create.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    ^ Sooooooo....are you implying Dan Didio was the equivalent of Issac "Ike" Perlmutter at DC?

I've been trying to figure out who was the person or person's behind the scenes at DC that were stopping the advancement of John Stewart and Cyborg.
    DiDio and Geoff Johns, I would say. Peter Tomasi also didn't really do John any favors. I don't know that Geoff Johns and Tomasi actually don't like John Stewart, but I know they like other GL's much MUCH more. I don't believe DiDio likes John Stewart at all and he was probably the one who wanted to kill the character.

Getting into the Perlmutter comparison, I don't believe these views to be consciously racially motivated. People just like the characters they like. That said, it's pretty clear these guys don't see the character in a way a black fan might, or take a perspective like that into much consideration.

We'll see if things improve for John. Having DiDio gone can only be a good thing, but that doesn't necessarily mean that there is someone back there really pushing for him. I guess only time will tell. Unfortunately, he will be in the care of Geoff Johns and Greg Berlanti if he is featured on the Green Lantern HBO show, and it literally couldn't get worse for a black male character. Well...maybe Rian Johnson and Kathleen Kennedy. Maybe...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Mahnke is awesome.

BANNED

JUSTICE LEAGUE #48
    written by SIMON SPURRIER
    art by AARON LOPRESTI and MATT RYAN
    cover by DAVID MARQUEZ
    variant cover by CLAUDIO CASTELLINI
    Wonder Woman 1984 variant cover by JIM LEE
    As writer Simon Spurrier jumps on board for the start of the three-part tale “The Rule of War,” it’s close encounters…of a Justice League kind! After answering a distress signal from distant space, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, and Green Lantern discover an abandoned cargo ship full of young aliens! When the League attempts to return the children to their home planet, they are met with awe, terror, and war! Thus begins a three-part storyline that will take the League to a previously unknown planet, with an all-new species, a dangerous mystery, and a new, otherworldly villain.
    ON SALE 06.03.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC
    This issue will ship with three covers.
    Please see the order form for detail
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #49
    written by SIMON SPURRIER
    art by AARON LOPRESTI and MATT RYAN
    cover by EDDY BARROWS and EBER FERREIRA
    variant cover by NICK DERINGTON
    “The Rule of War” part two! After the devastating events of last issue, the League is separated and labeled as alien visitors on a war-torn planet. With events spiraling out of control, and no leader to guide planet Trotha’s citizens, how can the League save this world without interfering? As the team battles rogue factions, Batman makes a startling discovery that will threaten any hope the team has of returning home!
    ON SALE 06.17.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

BANNED

Thanks for consistently sharing these, Holt.

Si Spurrier is cool, and it's great to see this smaller roster carry over from one creative team to another.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 03-13-2020 at 12:54 PM.