Page 3 of 145 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    John will be part of the innagural wave of DC Multiverse figures from McFarlane.

Got a heck of a torso there...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Got a heck of a torso there...
    Yeah, it's pretty small-- They could've gone bigger :P

The DCAU might be why so many 90s kids are out here skipping leg day

John was the most fleshed out of the characters who did not have a solo series prior to JL.

Hence why I mentally default to that version of the character. Best oath recital and his fight against Despero is one of my favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb-mr1GRTew

Sucker punching Despero so hard that it left a GL ring indention on his forehead is one of the highlights of the show for me.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Excuse me, but why are you attacking me for? Do I look like any of those writers? Does it look like I want The Road Back and GL: Mosaic constantly ignored?!? Do you think I ever want to hear the word Xanshi ever again? Because, no. I don't. So maybe next time, instead of shooting the messenger you could try a little civility This IS a discussion board after all.
    Is mainly ignored due to it's writer. Mind you this was before going to jail because he and the editor over GL had a falling out. Despite sales being decent the book was axed around issue 12 but lasted long enough to finish the story line.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Excuse me, but why are you attacking me for? Do I look like any of those writers? Does it look like I want The Road Back and GL: Mosaic constantly ignored?!? Do you think I ever want to hear the word Xanshi ever again? Because, no. I don't. So maybe next time, instead of shooting the messenger you could try a little civility This IS a discussion board after all.
    Well, if you post a photo I'll get back to you on that one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    John was the most fleshed out of the characters who did not have a solo series prior to JL.

Hence why I mentally default to that version of the character. Best oath recital and his fight against Despero is one of my favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb-mr1GRTew

Sucker punching Despero so hard that it left a GL ring indention on his forehead is one of the highlights of the show for me.
    Yeah, that was a pretty epic moment. DCAU John also defeated or helped to defeat the Finale villain three seasons in a row: Vandal Savage, Hro Talak, and Chronos. Batman helped with Chronos. Flash took out Brainiac/Lex. And Superman beat Darkseid. John was definitely a clutch player. Hopefully 2020 sees him develop a similar presence in the comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    As someone with no stake in this, I personally didn't see Vampire Savior attacking you from that comment, it just seems like someone pointing out that subsequent writers have chosen to return to the Xanshi theme even after other writers tried to put it to rest. GL fandom is contentious enough between fans of different GL's, I don't think any offense was meant here, though I'm sure VS can speak for him or herself. Just and outside opinion...
    You know, I should take the time to thank you for sticking up for me like that. That was a kind thing to do, and I appreciate it. People seem to blow up at me out of nowhere sometimes. Or at least that's the way it seems to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Well, if you post a photo I'll get back to you on that one.
    I couldn't stop laughing at this lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    You know, I should take the time to thank you for sticking up for me like that. That was a kind thing to do, and I appreciate it. People seem to blow up at me out of nowhere sometimes. Or at least that's the way it seems to me.
    I think it probably has to do with you being a tell it like it is type of person.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Yeah, that was a pretty epic moment. DCAU John also defeated or helped to defeat the Finale villain three seasons in a row: Vandal Savage, Hro Talak, and Chronos. Batman helped with Chronos. Flash took out Brainiac/Lex. And Superman beat Darkseid. John was definitely a clutch player. Hopefully 2020 sees him develop a similar presence in the comics.
    John Stewart is a successful character. The guys at DC made it work! John had great qualities on that show. Such a shame that DC didn't capitalize on this. But it shows you who are TRUE fans and who aren't over at DC.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 01-02-2020 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    In a way it's a testament to how much people like John that despite all the crappy writing, out of nowhere cancellations, and wallpapering that people still like the character at all. He's kinda like the guy in my avatar that he's popular and well-liked despite the half ass way he's handled in the storyline.
    I agree. It's very impressive. I remembered there being an article about the worst to best portrayals of Green Lantern from a Screenrant article that featured the Green Lantern characters. John Stewart came out on top as being the best Green Lantern portrayal. I also remembered old poster Desh responded to that Screenrant article on twitter, calling out Geoff Johns saying John Stewart is till on top, despite Geoff Johns trying bury the character. Man, those were the days

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    In a way it's a testament to how much people like John that despite all the crappy writing, out of nowhere cancellations, and wallpapering that people still like the character at all. He's kinda like the guy in my avatar that he's popular and well-liked despite the half ass way he's handled in the storyline.
    The DCAU writers really spotlighted him-- He wasn't just some supporting character, and that really resonated with viewers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    the art here is gorgeous
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    the art here is gorgeous
    It’s certainly beautiful artwork. Jorge Jimenez is definitely a high profile artist. He’s one of my top candidates on who I would like to see to be the artist for a John Stewart solo.