Page 33 of 145 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    "Wildcards" was probably my favorite episode.

What are yours?
    That one is really cool
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I have been out of the loop for the last year or so. Started my own business and now it’s dead. What have I missed? What’s John been up to? Is he still showing up in GL?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I have been out of the loop for the last year or so. Started my own business and now it’s dead. What have I missed? What’s John been up to? Is he still showing up in GL?
    The Green Lantern is the current GL book written by Grant Morrison and exclusively following Hal although John does make a brief cameo at the start of Season 2 which is the current season. He’s the main GL member on the JL still and his main appearances tend to be in that book for now. I expect GL will get relaunched once Morrison finishes his run, which should finish with the 12th issue of S2 as of right now, and hopefully John will get a solo book.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Sorry about your business.

John is still with the JL nothing major. He did, however, have a small role in the Green Lantern: Legacy graphic novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The Green Lantern is the current GL book written by Grant Morrison and exclusively following Hal although John does make a brief cameo at the start of Season 2 which is the current season. He’s the main GL member on the JL still and his main appearances tend to be in that book for now. I expect GL will get relaunched once Morrison finishes his run, which should finish with the 12th issue of S2 as of right now, and hopefully John will get a solo book.
    Thanks. I tried Morrison's GL and just couldn't get into it. Didn't care for it at all. I'll try and find those John cameos though.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Sorry about your business.

John is still with the JL nothing major. He did, however, have a small role in the Green Lantern: Legacy graphic novel.
    Thanks HoP. It happens. God has blessed me and my family tremendously.

I don't understand why DC doesn't give John more love. He should have his own title and it should feature a fantastic creative team. I would love to see Geoff Johns write it with Jason Fabok on art duties. I would pay big money for that book.

I don't understand why DC doesn't give John more love. He should have his own title and it should feature a fantastic creative team. I would love to see Geoff Johns write it with Jason Fabok on art duties. I would pay big money for that book.
    Lmao you’re the first one I’ve seen say they’d like Johns to write Stewart! Sorry I just found that funny. Johns has pretty much migrated over to live action. He’s working on a lot of the CW and HBO Max shows. Once he’s done with Shazam aside from maybe the occasional Black Label book, I don’t expect to see comics work from him again. It also means he doesn’t really have much control over the comics line so if he was blocking Stewart like some think, he won’t be able to now.

Some other stuff you should know: Didio is out. He got fired for reasons that haven’t been revealed but may stem from apparently being hard to work with recently. No idea what that means for John Stewart but if Didio was one of the guys who wasn’t a fan of Stewart it means we might get to see some more Stewart content which I’m hoping for. Mark Russel has said he would love to do a 12 issue series where John and Katma Tui go from planet to planet solving problems which I would love. Would also like to see Hill or Priest take a crack at writing Stewart.

Lmao you’re the first one I’ve seen say they’d like Johns to write Stewart! Sorry I just found that funny. Johns has pretty much migrated over to live action. He’s working on a lot of the CW and HBO Max shows. Once he’s done with Shazam aside from maybe the occasional Black Label book, I don’t expect to see comics work from him again. It also means he doesn’t really have much control over the comics line so if he was blocking Stewart like some think, he won’t be able to now.

Some other stuff you should know: Didio is out. He got fired for reasons that haven’t been revealed but may stem from apparently being hard to work with recently. No idea what that means for John Stewart but if Didio was one of the guys who wasn’t a fan of Stewart it means we might get to see some more Stewart content which I’m hoping for. Mark Russel has said he would love to do a 12 issue series where John and Katma Tui go from planet to planet solving problems which I would love. Would also like to see Hill or Priest take a crack at writing Stewart.
    The reason I would like to see Johns write him is that if he wrote Stewart like he did Hal, that Stewart book would be amazing. I just threw his name out as a big time creator because while there are more writers that would do an excellent job, I think Johns writing him would get comic fans excited about the book and it would get a big boost from a creator like Johns. I don't just want MY favorite writer to do the book, but a writer who would pull in a lot of fans to make the book successful.

It doesn't do me or any Stewart fans any good if we get our favorite writer on the book, but it fails because not enough fans gave it a chance or weren't hyped about the creative team.

Who would everyone want as the writer?

I hope that is a good thing thing for John. He really deserves his own book. The one person I would like the most on a John Stewart book is Hickman, but that won't happen.

I'm sorry about what to your business as well. I'm glad that you're in good spirits

Well around last year I belive, Mark Russell pitched for a John Stewart GLC book that features Katma Tui as a romantic comedy action adventure. DC hasn't green lit it, because of Hal Jordan's book. So basically, that book is holding the character back from getting a title. So I would say there are some creators out there that likes John and are pitching for a John Stewart title. But you got those other guys like Dan Didio, who got fired (rightfully so [as he should've been]) and editors that caters to favorites. Dan Didio is the one who pitch to Grant Morrison to write a book specifically about Hal Jordan and no one else. I think DC doesn't want another Green Lantern book, because they want Hal to be successful first. So the only way for John to possibly get a book would be if Hal Jordan succeeds. Ethan Van Sciver believed in that as well. I think that's rather silly, because both characters can succeed in their own way if done right.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 04-27-2020 at 08:59 PM.

As for Geoff Johns, I don't think he should write a John Stewart book at all. I just don't like his handling on black characters. If he doesn't like John Stewart (which he doesn't), then he shouldn't write him. I don't think a writer should write a character he/she dislikes. And if he does write John Stewart, then he's most likely using him as a black best friend and propping up another GL character. Tom King also has that same mentality, which you see that in that JL special. They don't like John. I think it's better to have a writer that's very fond of John Stewart and is willing to invest much time to write a good quality story for the character.

I understand that Geoff Johns has little to no involvement in DC. But whether he's blocking John Stewart or not, his damage is already done. For one thing, you cannot really find a good John Stewart book during the Geoff Johns' era, because there's NONE! Thanks to him and others that were involved in that time, he made it even harder for writers to find good story references for John Stewart on what a good John story should be based off of. That's why you have all of these stories that references Xanshi in some kind of way. It's easier for even Kyle and Guy, because they have stories. Another issue is that Geoff Johns created two new characters, which made it harder for John to shine to where he pitched for a Green Lanterns title in Rebirth. He ignored John and was okay with him in the background that has someone else's name in a GLC book. Now you have more writers creating human Green Lantern characters, making the franchise less valuable and more competitive to see who gets to shine. The fanbase is even more split. This all originated from Geoff Johns. It's nothing wrong creating new characters, but I don't like the way he did it. The franchise isn't strong enough to give out that many solos. He knows this and doesn't care whether John gets ignored, despite his popularity.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 04-27-2020 at 09:30 PM.

Mighty Member

Oh heeell no!

Keep Geoff John away from JS solo as far as cosmically possible.

I don't want a famous/popular writer to write JS....I prefer a character dedicated writer to do so...just look at what Van Jensen did and he is not a famous comicbook writer.

If Johns wrote a JS solo it will *HEAVILY* feature Bal and Baz (his creation) who will both keep one upping JS to the point were JS would become irreparable.

He will NEVER let JS do solo impressive feats without either Hal or Baz or both present ...and heavily imply if not outright have JS state nonsense that the feat would not have succeeded without Hal.

I very strongly suspect the Johns proposed the idea of eliminating JS in new 52 just so that he could pushbin his new GLs to fill the diversity gap created by a killed off JS.

Please keep Johns away from a JS solo

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    As for Geoff Johns, I don't think he should write a John Stewart book at all. I just don't like his handling on black characters. If he doesn't like John Stewart (which he doesn't), then he shouldn't write him. I don't think a writer should write a character he/she dislikes. And if he does write John Stewart, then he's most likely using him as a black best friend and propping up another GL character. Tom King also has that same mentality, which you see that in that JL special. They don't like John. I think it's better to have a writer that's very fond of John Stewart and is willing to invest much time to write a good quality story for the character.

I understand that Geoff Johns has little to no involvement in DC. But whether he's blocking John Stewart or not, his damage is already done. For one thing, you cannot really find a good John Stewart book during the Geoff Johns' era, because there's NONE! Thanks to him and others that were involved in that time, he made it even harder for writers to find good story references for John Stewart on what a good John story should be based off of. That's why you have all of these stories that references Xanshi in some kind of way. It's easier for even Kyle and Guy, because they have stories. Another issue is that Geoff Johns created two new characters, which made it harder for John to shine to where he pitched for a Green Lanterns title in Rebirth. He ignored John and was okay with him in the background that has someone else's name in a GLC book. Now you have more writers creating human Green Lantern characters, making the franchise less valuable and more competitive to see who gets to shine. The fanbase is even more split. This all originated from Geoff Johns. It's nothing wrong creating new characters, but I don't like the way he did it. The franchise isn't strong enough to give out that many solos. He knows this and doesn't care whether John gets ignored, despite his popularity.
    Agreed and co-signed.

When was the last time we saw JS interact his family?

Why do John's and his ilk of JS hating writers adamantly refuse to bring back and/or reference and/or add more plot to JS's Mosaic storyline?

Frankly if DC wants Hal to be the all-in-all top dog of the GL corps then , IMO, it would be superb to make JS a white lantern and give him his own series

I'm sorry about what to your business as well. I'm glad that you're in good spirits

Well around last year I belive, Mark Russell pitched for a John Stewart GLC book that features Katma Tui as a romantic comedy action adventure. DC hasn't green lit it, because of Hal Jordan's book. So basically, that book is holding the character back from getting a title. So I would say there are some creators out there that likes John and are pitching for a John Stewart title. But you got those other guys like Dan Didio, who got fired (rightfully so [as he should've been]) and editors that caters to favorites. Dan Didio is the one who pitch to Grant Morrison to write a book specifically about Hal Jordan and no one else. I think DC doesn't want another Green Lantern book, because they want Hal to be successful first. So the only way for John to possibly get a book would be if Hal Jordan succeeds. Ethan Van Sciver believed in that as well. I think that's rather silly, because both characters can succeed in their own way if done right.
    Exactly! They can have more than one GL book. What really irks me is when they give brand new GL characters books before established characters like John.

Yeah, Johns was probably a bad suggestion. I know how well he wrote Hal, and hoped he would do the same thing for JS.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Oh heeell no!

Keep Geoff John away from JS solo as far as cosmically possible.

I don't want a famous/popular writer to write JS....I prefer a character dedicated writer to do so...just look at what Van Jensen did and he is not a famous comicbook writer.

If Johns wrote a JS solo it will *HEAVILY* feature Bal and Baz (his creation) who will both keep one upping JS to the point were JS would become irreparable.

He will NEVER let JS do solo impressive feats without either Hal or Baz or both present ...and heavily imply if not outright have JS state nonsense that the feat would not have succeeded without Hal.

I very strongly suspect the Johns proposed the idea of eliminating JS in new 52 just so that he could pushbin his new GLs to fill the diversity gap created by a killed off JS.

Please keep Johns away from a JS solo
    Sorry. My bad

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Agreed and co-signed.

When was the last time we saw JS interact his family?

Why do John's and his ilk of JS hating writers adamantly refuse to bring back and/or reference and/or add more plot to JS's Mosaic storyline?

Frankly if DC wants Hal to be the all-in-all top dog of the GL corps then , IMO, it would be superb to make JS a white lantern and give him his own series
    See, I wouldn't want JS a white lantern. He just exudes the GL and it's mythos completely.