Page 5 of 145 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    For example, GL: Mosaic should have been put in trade 25yrs ago and not ignored by every subsequent writer since.
    I still think DC could release GL: Mosaic in trade.
    The series is only 18 issues. I'd love to see it in omnibus format, maybe with the four part storyline from the main GL series included to set up the situation. It would be a good done in one volume.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

DC First Look: JUSTICE LEAGUE #40 https://www.newsarama.com/48512-dc-f...beyond.html#s6

BANNED

Love the art. Thank goodness for small* rosters. The likelihood of a character getting crowded out is much lower, as is the likelihood of your favorite character only playing a nominal role. Hopefully we see some cool team interactions that build on their relationships with one another. Definitely looking forward to this.

*6 characters and under, which has been demonstrated as being the ideal for decades now with various franchises, like The X-Men, Avengers, Secret Six, etc.

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

Looks like the tattoo ring hasn't been forgotten and is still in play.

The preview looks good.

As weird as this may sound, I actually trust Robert Venditti on the John Stewart character. More so than a bunch of writers out there. I don't think he's the type of guy that would screw John Stewart over like other writers had done before. He's a fan of the Justice League cartoon and liked John there. I also think that John may be more developed in his book, since he has a history of writing Green Lantern books. I'm curious on what plans he has for John and his tattoo ring.

The HJ&TGLC book he wrote, he did balance out the characters and never one up a character over the other. So this benefits John and other characters in the Justice League. The characters in HJ&TGLC were treated equally. I don't think some people give Robert Venditti enough credit here.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 01-08-2020 at 06:38 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    The HJ&TGLC book he wrote, he did balance out the characters and never one up a character over the other. So this benefits John and other characters in the Justice League. The characters in HJ&TGLC were treated equally. I don't think some people give Robert Venditti enough credit here.
    I didn't read the book on principle because of the title, but I heard he put John to use against some big adversaries like Zod. He's the writer who brought Van Jensen into GLC, so I'm optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I didn't read the book on principle because of the title, but I heard he put John to use against some big adversaries like Zod. He's the writer who brought Van Jensen into GLC, so I'm optimistic.
    I also didn't read the book, due to the title as well. He also made John look good and be his own character when he made multiple guest appearances in Hal's Green Lantern book.

BANNED

I was thinking about the architect vs marine argument earlier, and I have to say that I like the combination of both along with his social justice warrior side. It's like John has been training his whole life to be a Green Lantern. He learned about politics and social responsibility as an activist, which should help to make him a good diplomat. This part of his history probably helps him to read people and their intentions pretty quickly, as demonstrated by his original origin. His military service honed his discipline and willpower and gave him an understanding of combat techniques and tactics. His architecture background demonstrates his creativity and has proven useful in combat.

I think the marine part of his background gets a bad rap because of the Johns/Tomasi era. Those guys used his marine background as an excuse to make him a docile background character. But MCDuffie and the DCAU writers used that part of his background to generate tension with the other characters. He was one of the more disciplined and experienced members of the group. I saw a timeline that established that he likely joined the Corps just before Bruce debuted as Batman, which would explain why John was such a key team member in so many of the League's big conflicts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I read the book and enjoyed it for the most part. The problem stemmed from taking the GL book and the GLC book and combining them both into 1 bi-weekly book instead of keeping them separate books like DC should have which in turn led to the stupid HJ&THEGLC naming because GL&THEGLC would have been even more demeaning to the splintered fanbase (that thankfully I’m not a part of because I’m a fan of all of the GL’s)

BANNED

They should've stuck to "Green Lantern Corps"