Page 51 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    To be fair, a lot of Snyder's run was much akin to an excited young man telling a story in the "and then" method; he doesn't really conclude so much as moving into the next big thing. Perhaps I'm jaded because of how poorly the run ended, but it always had unsatisfying endings, or they dovetailed too much into the next story to really feel like a solid conclusion.

As for John and Kendra, well, Snyder was building the book to have J'onn be the core of the whole thing and constructed relationships with him for both Kendra and Lex, so yeah, there was just a lot of shilling going on there. Outside that arc, the only real memorable moment I can recall with John in Snyder's run was teaming up with Alan, which I genuinely enjoyed.
    I see what you mean. You can tell that Scott Snyder is a Martian Manhunter fanboy (nothing wrong with that). But I feel like his run was a let down. I don't like it when writers say things in interviews, which no longer is true. That's the same crap that Geoff Johns has done. Scott Snyder said that J'onn, John, and Kendra were going to be DC's Trinity in the comic. He didn't deliver. I just hope that he doesn't become as big of a liar like Geoff Johns.

But yea, I think his team up with Alan was probably one of the best parts in his run.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    What issue is this from?

The 5G FCBD issue.

Death Metal #4 will also have a John variant.

DARK NIGHTS: DEATH METAL #4
    written by SCOTT SNYDER
    art and card stock foil cover by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION
    Darkseid card stock variant cover by DAVID FINCH
    Superboy-Prime card stock variant cover by ALEX GARNER
    Green Lantern John Stewart card stock variant cover by STANLEY "ARTGERM" LAU
    1:25 card stock variant cover by DOUG MAHNKE
    1:100 black-and-white card stock variant cover by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION
    Last edited by Holt; 07-17-2020 at 10:39 AM.

Someone did say in this thread that John Stewart is going to be featured in Death Metal.

I looked over at the solicitations and I no longer see the five-team Justice League. I'm a little depressed, because I don't know the direction they're taking John from there. I'm getting tired of hopes and dreams. I certainly don't want John to be shoved in The Green Lantern. I have no interest in reading that.

I also have no interest in DCEASED, especially when they have an unknown GL facing in the front, while a more popular character like John (and Guy) are in the background. They wouldn't do Hal Jordan like that, so why do it with one of the most popular black characters at DC?

If John is featured in a variant of Death Metal, I wonder whether John is still safe or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Someone did say in this thread that John Stewart is going to be featured in Death Metal.

I looked over at the solicitations and I no longer see the five-team Justice League. I'm a little depressed, because I don't know the direction they're taking John from there. I'm getting tired of hopes and dreams. I certainly don't want John to be shoved in The Green Lantern. I have no interest in reading that.

I also have no interest in DCEASED, especially when they have an unknown GL facing in the front, while a more popular character like John (and Guy) are in the background. They wouldn't do Hal Jordan like that, so why do it with one of the most popular black characters at DC?

If John is featured in a variant of Death Metal, I wonder whether John is still safe or not.
    That’s Black Canary, not exactly an unknown. I think the JL is getting a new lineup soon, and it’s probably going to suck

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    That’s Black Canary, not exactly an unknown. I think the JL is getting a new lineup soon, and it’s probably going to suck
    Haven't caught up with DC Comics, so she has a ring too!!? Oh man. I guess anyone can get a ring these days it seems. Shows how it's not as unique as it used to be I guess :shrugs

I still think it's an insult to John Stewart by having her in front of him. Makes no sense at all.

Yea, I think I may not like the new lineup for JL.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 07-17-2020 at 03:11 PM.

Haven't caught up with DC Comics, so she has a ring too!!? Oh man. I guess anyone can get a ring these days it seems. Shows how it's not as unique as it used to be I guess :shrugs

I still think it's an insult to John Stewart by having her in front of him. Makes no sense at all.

Yea, I think I may not like the new lineup for JL.
    If we go back to that same old boring big 7 lineup, with Cyborg thrown in, I think I’ll lose it haha. I like John with the League, as the GL rep. Hawkgirl is good addition too.

That was me and Johns in Multiverse End one-shot in August with Guy Gardner from what I’ve heard. If that is correct then John and Guy would be working with the Multiverse team from Multiversity(we’ve seen them occasionally in other multiverse stuff, think Captain Carrot) against Perpetua.

Also Hal died in either the first or second issue of DCeased
    Last edited by sifighter; 07-18-2020 at 02:12 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Alright I thought this was important for John Stewart fans, but skip to the one hour four minutes mark (1:04:00) in this interview with Snyder. He confirms that Multiverse End in September is about John Stewart leading the entire Green Lantern Corps to save what remains of the multiverse from Perpetua.

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Alright I thought this was important for John Stewart fans, but skip to the one hour four minutes mark (1:04:00) in this interview with Snyder. He confirms that Multiverse End in September is about John Stewart leading the entire Green Lantern Corps to save what remains of the multiverse from Perpetua.

I honestly thought this was supposed to be their mission post-No Justice but nothing was done with them. I really don't want John back in space so soon but since he ain't getting a solo its whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I honestly thought this was supposed to be their mission post-No Justice but nothing was done with them. I really don't want John back in space so soon but since he ain't getting a solo its whatever.
    Is the multiverse space equivalent? I mean I assume there is space but I was thinking dimensional hoping and stuff.
    Words to live by.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Is the multiverse space equivalent? I mean I assume there is space but I was thinking dimensional hoping and stuff.
    Probably. But are the ENTIRE GLC gonna dimension hop? Some will have to stay and watch their sectors.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Probably. But are the ENTIRE GLC gonna dimension hop? Some will have to stay and watch their sectors.
    I mean I would assume that to protect the multiverse would be to protect all sectors. Like if all of creation is destroyed what is the point of guarding sectors.
    Words to live by.