Page 54 of 145 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Those are some cool pics!

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    For me John and Hal are interchangeable. I have no nostalgic reasons to like one over the other. Just want GL fun in space. It seems like a good thing to push John, though. DC has enough white males around. Reading about John hanging around with the JL and the GL Corps seems the right thing to do. Maybe Morrison's take would be even better by using John
    Yea, exactly. It seems like that's the most logical choice. But it just goes to show you that TPTB over in the DC offices are fans first and business second. They'll make more of their personal decisions, rather than use the more logical choice for the betterment of the company.

BANNED

Is that a preview of the ArtGerm cover?

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Is that a preview of the ArtGerm cover?
    That is his art from the looks of it. Looks really good. John Stewart looks upset in that picture. I just hope that some people don't try to downplay the character and calling him an "angry black man" stereotype from that cover. Other fans always used that argument to put down the character.

Anyways, I'm anxious to see the full reveal of that cover. I'm still surprised that John is one of the few characters that's getting a variant cover for DeathMetal, which is one of DC's top titles.

I'm starting to wonder whether this is a sign of John starring in his own book in some time in the future? If John does star in his own book, then that's more proof that Dan Didio was the man that held John Stewart back all of these years.

Btw, CBR made an article about Artgerm teasing that John Stewart variant cover. It's worth looking at.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    That is his art from the looks of it. Looks really good. John Stewart looks upset in that picture. I just hope that some people don't try to downplay the character and calling him an "angry black man" stereotype from that cover. Other fans always used that argument to put down the character.

Anyways, I'm anxious to see the full reveal of that cover. I'm still surprised that John is one of the few characters that's getting a variant cover for DeathMetal, which is one of DC's top titles.

I'm starting to wonder whether this is a sign of John starring in his own book in some time in the future? If John does star in his own book, then that's more proof that Dan Didio was the man that held John Stewart back all of these years.

Btw, CBR made an article about Artgerm teasing that John Stewart variant cover. It's worth looking at.
    I don't think it's a coincidence that we're seeing John more prominently featured since Didio left.

A few pages back, it looks like there was a tease for John original origin being tweaked, possibly to coincide with the HBO Green Lantern show. Hopefully he continues to become more prominent and developed and not play second fiddle. I like the idea of him being one of DC's Big 5 characters, especially given his fanbase and the times we're in.

ArtGerm doesn't draw male characters nearly as much as female ones, so it'll be cool to see how everything turns out. I'm thinking it'll be one of John's most iconic renderings yet.

Extraordinary Member

Those are some cool pics!
    Very lovely artwork featuring John.

Extraordinary Member

Yea, exactly. It seems like that's the most logical choice. But it just goes to show you that TPTB over in the DC offices are fans first and business second. They'll make more of their personal decisions, rather than use the more logical choice for the betterment of the company.
    Yeah, I can't wrap my head around that. DC is currently paying the price now.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I prefer Katma first, but come on DC, throw us a bone. Something!

“Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member

LOL

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I don't think it's a coincidence that we're seeing John more prominently featured since Didio left.

A few pages back, it looks like there was a tease for John original origin being tweaked, possibly to coincide with the HBO Green Lantern show. Hopefully he continues to become more prominent and developed and not play second fiddle. I like the idea of him being one of DC's Big 5 characters, especially given his fanbase and the times we're in.

ArtGerm doesn't draw male characters nearly as much as female ones, so it'll be cool to see how everything turns out. I'm thinking it'll be one of John's most iconic renderings yet.
    Yea, I remembered when you mentioned that John's origin might be tweaked. How so? I'm curious on this possibility, since on that panel I couldn't see a difference.

I agree about the artwork

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Yeah, I can't wrap my head around that. DC is currently paying the price now.
    They really are paying the price. It's a shame that they have to learn it the hard way.