Page 61 of 145 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

After watching the premeire of Lovecraft Country, my number one choice for John is now Jonathan Majors

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    After watching the premeire of Lovecraft Country, my number one choice for John is now Jonathan Majors

Was thinking the samething

BANNED

I definitely wouldn't mind Majors, I'm still rooting for Trevante Rhodes through and through.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Spectacular Member

I can say that they are both my top two pics right now to play him.

Definitely Trevante Rhodes. He's my number one guy who I can see play as John Stewart on the big screen

Mighty Member

It's been almost 30 years since he's had his own title now, it's about time he gets his own, or at least gets a turn at the Green Lantern title.

I always liked John because he's the thinking man's Green Lantern, Hal and Guy, just do, but as leader John often exhibits more strategy, I think there are some good solo stories to be told.

John Stewart certainly deserves his own title. I'm hoping he gets one. If he does get one, I wanna see a writer give out spectacular and innovative stories to the point where other future writers cannot avoid, because the developments for John is so good, they build on top of it.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    That looks awesome.

Majors is a fine pick for John. I really hope he's the co-anchor on the JL Corps show, likely with Hal and they each get to shine, possibly with Jess being the new recruit who becomes the audience PoV alongside them as a triumvirate.

As for the comics, I want an ongoing less and more of a mini/maxi with someone who really, really has a good idea for John. I feel like that will be allowed to play out, have a satisfying conclusion and not get upended by sales/events the way a lot of comics do. The current GL series doesn't, but that's because it's Morrison so that outlier can't really be factored in. Strange Adventures, Far Sector, those are the models I think John would be best served by right now. Rather than being able to say "issues x through y before z happened were great," having a trade to keep in book stores will do a lot more for John.

Outside of Morrison-level talent chomping at the bit to write John, an ongoing feels like something that would get hard derailed. Look at Hawkman and Supergirl. Fan-favorite characters who had a relatively low-selling title that was unceremoniously hijacked by a big event turning its hero into a villain for a little while. Hawkman did as well as possible with that handicap and Supergirl never recovered, and Hawkman is the softer IP, with John as GL in the middle if not closer to Supergirl in iconography. I don't trust the Event Comics cycle with John right now. Give him his own little pocket of the universe to just tell a great story in.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Loved Mosaic and would wish for a nice OHC that collects the whole thing.
    Alas that may never happen though for _______ reason(s).
    I still want it.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

The writer turning out to be a pedophile killed any chance of that. That Wonder Woman OGN from 2011 still hasn't come out 9 years later cuz the artist got outed as a sick ****.

Are you guys talking about Geoff Thorne? He was the writer for Mosaic, correct?
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AtheistInRed View Post
    Are you guys talking about Geoff Thorne? He was the writer for Mosaic, correct?
    Gerard Jones. He was the writer of Green Lantern Moasic.

He's the reason a lot of Justice League stuff is not in trade as well.

Thorne was not writing in 1992-he was still doing a certain tv show at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Gerard Jones. He was the writer of Green Lantern Moasic.

He's the reason a lot of Justice League stuff is not in trade as well.

Thorne was not writing in 1992-he was still doing a certain tv show at that time.
    Oh, right, that guy. My bad fellas.

290x267px-LL-c766965d_my-bad.gif
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."