Page 7 of 145 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if this cover has been used in some story as a call-back. I know O'Neal re-drew it as a variant cover, but I wonder if other artists have actually referenced it.
    I love how John is more than eager to engage a menace that left Hal completely defeated.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    As much as I love boxing gloves.....stuff get's real when John constructs firearms.
    I think Bernard Chang gave him the best constructs--from advanced gatling guns to chains to rebars to jackhammers. Every one of them drew on some part of his character background.

Later artists appear to have started doing the same:

He also used a power drill in the DCAU:

BANNED

It's also really cool when you see alien influences on his imagination too. His redesign of the Lantern station on Mogo looks pretty alien, as do some of his tech constructs.

BANNED

"John, did you really wear a mask back in the day?"

"Yeah, 1985 was a crazy time of 'Why the **** not?'"

BANNED

About the mask, still didnīt like he took it off secret identity/mask... GL, any GL, it looks better with mask. A question for John Stewart fans, best John ship? or fan ship personal

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    About the mask, still didnīt like he took it off secret identity/mask... GL, any GL, it looks better with mask.
    I disagree. Besides Kyle's masks, I think the GL masks have been pretty lame domino masks that wouldn't do a good job of hiding an identity--not that you'd need to since being a GL is a fulltime job that requires you to be in space most of the time. The DCAU team found a good way to keep John's face interesting: green pupils. I also like how the DCAU have all the GLs a standard uniform that was supposed to evoke something along the lines of Star Trek TNG.

A question for John Stewart fans, best John ship? or fan ship personal
    Even though John seems to be more well-rounded when he's part of a relationship, I'm not attached to any one in particular. Katma was the best written though, and I like John being linked to Korugar and Sinestro.

He was just a young brash 20 something kid when he went public. Not out of character at all

413e0435-75df-485f-ad3c-c451a7a3aa3b.jpg

BANNED

About the mask, still didnīt like he took it off secret identity/mask... GL, any GL, it looks better with mask. A question for John Stewart fans, best John ship? or fan ship personal
    Easily Hawkgirl for me. After that,Katma. After that, Rose Hardin from the Mosaic days.

Regarding the mask...Um...John Stewart's best design is the Gil Kane costume to me. The current design he has now is a bit on the boring side. So considering that, yeah, I probably do prefer John with the mask.

BANNED

John's costume could borrow a few design cues from Flash--specifically some glowing seams in the torso and gauntlets, a la:

I like John without the mask - maybe I'm just too used to it at this point. I also really like him with the green armbands and bare hands. I liked the reasoning behind it before, and now again, I'm just too used to it. I'm glad John hasn't had too many outfits the way Kyle has. He's only had slight modifications, all of which have been for the better, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    I read the book and enjoyed it for the most part. The problem stemmed from taking the GL book and the GLC book and combining them both into 1 bi-weekly book instead of keeping them separate books like DC should have which in turn led to the stupid HJ&THEGLC naming because GL&THEGLC would have been even more demeaning to the splintered fanbase (that thankfully I’m not a part of because I’m a fan of all of the GL’s)
    I personally preferred the GL and GLC. I agree

Definitely Hawkgirl for me. Too bad Scott Snyder didn't capitalize on it (even though he claimed John/Shayera's relationship was one of the best moments of JL). And Katma would be a close second.

BANNED

Snyder did well not making canon Green Lantern x Hawkgirl, current Hawkgirl ISNīT Shayera, not the one inside of Justice League, but I think he left door open (probably) to any writer fan of Hawklantern, I explain: there are actually two Hawkgirls right now in the Universe, Kendra Saunders the one dating Martian Manhunter, and Shayera Hol now the empress of Thanagar, maybe some writer will decide including Shayera in Justice League too and make her close to Stewart. I personally like it too hawklantern, but I would give his Mosaic girlfriend another chance, always felt bad John dumped her so easy after Katma returned.

Spectacular Member

Personally I'm a fan of John being with Katma.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Really looking forward to February.