Page 71 of 145 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2163

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    People are upset in this thread because the only thing John Stewart is remembered for in comics is letting a planet blow up and his wife dying from his friends girlfriend. We aren't asking for him to replace Hal, we just want something that makes him more memorable. Even John Ridley remarks on how all he did was blow up a planet.

What we get instead is years of being in books written by Geoff Johns doing nothing, Even though Johns first green lantern book starred John Stewart, and people telling us in a John Stewart appreciation thread to not expect much for him and go support other black heroes.
    No one's saying stop supporting John, just not to be surprised when DC underutilizes him like they've been doing for decades, trust me I've been waiting for DC to do right by my lantern for years now. You can't be a paragon being in a franchise that isn't about you while also playing 2nd/3rd fiddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    With the actor now leveling accusations against the president of WB films, it's looking likely this is the end of the road for Cyborg in the movies. It'd be the perfect time to do something with John in the movies now as their big leading black hero.
    Yea, it looks like things are escalating a bit with Ray Fisher. It certainly would be a perfect time to do something with John, but it's kind of sad that at this point, there has to be a single black actor to succeed and not just multiple black characters. It's really unfortunate that DC made it that way.

About Jessica being white, it's my first time ever hearing that lol. IIRC she's Mexican and brown skinned. She's nowhere near being white. If she was considered white, I don't think they would've pushed her as much.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    About Jessica being white, it's my first time ever hearing that lol. IIRC she's Mexican and brown skinned. She's nowhere near being white. If she was considered white, I don't think they would've pushed her as much.
    In the United States it's an odd thing when you look at applications for jobs and schools.

Ethnicity your choices are Hispanic or Latino and Not Hispanic or Latino.
    Race is American Indian, Black, White, Asian and Native American/Pacific Islander.

So for John it would be

Ethnicity Non Hispanic
    Race Black

Simon
    Non Hispanic
    Race Asian

Jessica
    Hispanic
    Race White (although some will check off American Indian)

I want to say this started under Bush Junior and got really enforced under Obama. Despite neither having a thing to do with it.

Incredible Member

Wanted to do a little more appreciating of John.

Incredible Member

Is it true John is supposed to be young? I feel like every time he's been depicted is like 30-40 something.

Incredible Member

Another one to keep it going.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Is it true John is supposed to be young? I feel like every time he's been depicted is like 30-40 something.
    writers tend to attribute the mother hen soldier role to him because he typically has fewer stories where he's allowed to be more youthful and dynamic, making people assume he's older. John is actually younger than both Hal and Guy Gardner, and we know this because the reason he wasn't recruited by the Guardians before was because he was too young, so they scouted Guy as Hal's replacement.

nowadays it doesn't matter because Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz, Jo Mullein, and Teen Lantern all appear to be younger than Kyle (or should be at least) who i think was definitely singled out as the youngest of the Corps four.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    In the United States it's an odd thing when you look at applications for jobs and schools.

Ethnicity your choices are Hispanic or Latino and Not Hispanic or Latino.
    Race is American Indian, Black, White, Asian and Native American/Pacific Islander.

So for John it would be

Ethnicity Non Hispanic
    Race Black

Simon
    Non Hispanic
    Race Asian

Jessica
    Hispanic
    Race White (although some will check off American Indian)

I want to say this started under Bush Junior and got really enforced under Obama. Despite neither having a thing to do with it.
    I've been seeing application forms exactly like that, but I don't recall if someone is considered Mexican American, they would check off on the list as white though. But yea, it would seem they would choose American Indian if the list is like that

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I've been seeing application forms exactly like that, but I don't recall if someone is considered Mexican American, they would check off on the list as white though. But yea, it would seem they would choose American Indian if the list is like that
    I have seen more check off white and in some cases they check something else and SOMEONE eles changed it to white.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Isn't John canonically younger than Hal and Guy? I know Hal has a few years on him especially with him getting his little grey hairs lmao.

Guy seems older especially with all the wrinkles they like to draw him with. Or he just ages like milk.

BANNED

BANNED

From Trinity Crisis (minor spoilers)
    https://2.bp.blogspot.com/ERyy0Zmyzf...fcMvpo5g=s1600

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar