Page 8 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

The GLs needing masks makes no sense when they are supposed to be intergalactic police. Would you trust a cop whose face you couldn't see?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    Snyder did well not making canon Green Lantern x Hawkgirl, current Hawkgirl ISN´T Shayera, not the one inside of Justice League, but I think he left door open (probably) to any writer fan of Hawklantern, I explain: there are actually two Hawkgirls right now in the Universe, Kendra Saunders the one dating Martian Manhunter, and Shayera Hol now the empress of Thanagar, maybe some writer will decide including Shayera in Justice League too and make her close to Stewart. I personally like it too hawklantern, but I would give his Mosaic girlfriend another chance, always felt bad John dumped her so easy after Katma returned.
    It's not happening Shayera has just been introduced in the hawkman title and she remembers everything in Carter and her past lives and she looks very much still in love with hawkman and it looks like that's the direction they are going to take even though I prefer kendra and Carter better.

I think they should bring back katama it's already been past due.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The GLs needing masks makes no sense when they are supposed to be intergalactic police. Would you trust a cop whose face you couldn't see?
    Some wear masks to protect their identities and families some don’t. It’s a choice. They aren’t dealing with normal criminals. Some of these beings can destroy entire planets. Look at what happened to poor Kilowog’s home planet.

A question for John Stewart fans, best John ship? or fan ship personal
    Personally not into shipping. That’s for soap opera fans to me. I will say that I enjoyed his time with Katma because I liked both characters, but her death is an important part of his character now and what allowed him to move on with Fatality in the GLC book. If something builds up organically for John and someone else I’m cool with that, but I’d rather have the writers in the League books put their focus on writing a great John right now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Some wear masks to protect their identities and families some don’t. It’s a choice. They aren’t dealing with normal criminals. Some of these beings can destroy entire planets. Look at what happened to poor Kilowog’s home planet.
    A mask wouldn't help with that--you just need to identify the species.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    A mask wouldn't help with that--you just need to identify the species.
    But a lot of advanced species inhabit more than one planet. Like the Psions, Khunds, Dominators, Coluans, Rannians, etc, etc. In the intergalactic community many species don’t even live and/or work on their home planets anymore.

Extraordinary Member

"John, did you really wear a mask back in the day?"

"Yeah, 1985 was a crazy time of 'Why the **** not?'"
    The Dave Gibbons rendition looks great.

Plus...gotta consider the limited edition merchandise....

Extraordinary Member

About the mask, still didn´t like he took it off secret identity/mask... GL, any GL, it looks better with mask. A question for John Stewart fans, best John ship? or fan ship personal
    Katma Tui is John's soul mate, imo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    It's not happening Shayera has just been introduced in the hawkman title and she remembers everything in Carter and her past lives and she looks very much still in love with hawkman and it looks like that's the direction they are going to take even though I prefer kendra and Carter better.
    The DCAU romance will always hold a special place for me.

However, the DC comic's side of the Hawk's is complicated enough. It makes no sense for John to be romantically tied to Shayera, or Kendra.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    I think they should bring back katama it's already been past due.
    DC had opportunities to do so during Blackest Night, and the New52.

Damn, they gave Vibe a new lease on life.

Personally not into shipping. That’s for soap opera fans to me. I will say that I enjoyed his time with Katma because I liked both characters, but her death is an important part of his character now and what allowed him to move on with Fatality in the GLC book. If something builds up organically for John and someone else I’m cool with that, but I’d rather have the writers in the League books put their focus on writing a great John right now.
    these are my thought exactly. while I would've liked him to get with Kendra as a fun parallel of his DCAU relationship, after Snyder went with Hawkgirl and Martian Manhunter pairing off I stopped really concerning too much with who John is paired off with over how well he himself is being written. I know a lot of John fans want them to resurrect Katma but I personally think that bringing a character back just because they're a love interest isn't a compelling idea; I'd rather John grieve, grow, and move on because that's compelling pathos that makes the character stronger. I don't believe every bad thing needs to be treated as a strain that needs to get wiped off John's ledger, in an ideal world they'd be allowed to take the destruction of Xanshi, take the death of Katma, and use them to motivate and propel John forward as a character onto to new things. going back on topic, ships should do the same, they should propel the character forward. so for me the ship should come secondary to the character themself, once DC pulls their head out of their ass and can set John on a consistent path and write John as the great character he can be THEN we can start plotting ships.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

But a lot of advanced species inhabit more than one planet. Like the Psions, Khunds, Dominators, Coluans, Rannians, etc, etc. In the intergalactic community many species don’t even live and/or work on their home planets anymore.
    And you could still target entire peoples just based on a GL's appearance. Maybe you don't wipe out their family--maybe they have no family--but you can still target them or their species.

And how many GLs share John's physical characteristics or phenotype?

And you could still target entire peoples just based on a GL's appearance. Maybe you don't wipe out their family--maybe they have no family--but you can still target them or their species.

And how many GLs share John's physical characteristics or phenotype?
    I wasn’t talking about John in my initial response. Just GL’s in general.
    Last edited by docmidnite; 01-12-2020 at 02:30 PM.

He was just a young brash 20 something kid when he went public. Not out of character at all

Attachment 91524

This is what I think what it comes to John without the mask
    Last edited by docmidnite; 01-12-2020 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I imagine that's different with each culture. I believe Ch'p had one because he had a secret identity, but for most of the others, in my head canon it's just a part of the uniform like a hat. Just an indicator of their office rather than something meant to conceal their identity. For some of them it looks like a green infinity symbol, which is how they used to greet each other back in the day.

BANNED

I just don't see the appeal: