Page 88 of 145 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2163

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Well even though John and Hal won't be in the new show at least John was trending on Twitter today. My man is still in the minds of the public.Attachment 101302

Also Guggenheim and some other dude with meh projects is attached so maybe John dodged a bullet.
    Was John Stewart really trending on Twitter like that!!!? Am I reading that correctly!? lol.

I guess Geoff Johns and others' attempt to undermine the character just so he be less recognizable didn't work it seems. This is pretty impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma_Gats View Post
    Does anyone know what comic this scan is from?Attachment 101318
    This scan is from an issue of JLA I believe. I think Alan Scott was also involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Was John Stewart really trending on Twitter like that!!!? Am I reading that correctly!? lol.

I guess Geoff Johns and others' attempt to undermine the character just so he be less recognizable didn't work it seems. This is pretty impressive.
    Of course it didn’t work lol. Stewart was in a widely beloved cartoon that most millennials grew up watching. Millennials I’d argue are still Stewart fans. It’s Gen X and Gen Z who grew up with Hal as the guy, but John is still plenty popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Of course it didn’t work lol. Stewart was in a widely beloved cartoon that most millennials grew up watching. Millennials I’d argue are still Stewart fans. It’s Gen X and Gen Z who grew up with Hal as the guy, but John is still plenty popular.
    Yea, that's a good point!

Idk how I feel about John not being in the HBO series. On one hand, I'm a little disappointed that we still don't have live action John. But on the other hand, I am kind of relieved due to the people working on the show. Hopefully it's good tho.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    Idk how I feel about John not being in the HBO series. On one hand, I'm a little disappointed that we still don't have live action John. But on the other hand, I am kind of relieved due to the people working on the show. Hopefully it's good tho.
    I can wait a bit longer for John to be presented right. I am also hoping the HBO series succeeds.

BANNED

Well, in any event, I don't think we're going to see John dominate the GL franchise as was being suggested before. It looks like DC/WB is planning on spreading the focus around to the various characters they've accumulated. While that may be the best thing for working toward harmony among the fans (maybe...), it also may raise concern that none of the characters come out as winners in a situation like that, because they may not get sufficient amount of focus to truly develop. And what may this mean for the aliens like Arisia, Tomar, Salaak and such? With the focus going around to all these humans, is there any room left for the likes of them?

I guess we'll have to see how this all pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Falz View Post
    Well, in any event, I don't think we're going to see John dominate the GL franchise as was being suggested before. It looks like DC/WB is planning on spreading the focus around to the various characters they've accumulated. While that may be the best thing for working toward harmony among the fans (maybe...), it also may raise concern that none of the characters come out as winners in a situation like that, because they may not get sufficient amount of focus to truly develop. And what may this mean for the aliens like Arisia, Tomar, Salaak and such? With the focus going around to all these humans, is there any room left for the likes of them?

Kilowog is supposed to be in the show so I'm curious who else of the alien Lanterns they use.

yeah at this point I can't currently see a future where any of them rises to become the end all be all face of the franchise, like Barry Allen for better or worse ended up becoming for the Flash franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I never really understood WB's logic behind restricting certain characters from appearing on TV shows just because they're supposedly planned to show up in movies. It's fine with Bruce, Flash, Superman or even Cyborg, but Kyle Rayner, John Stewart and Hal Jordan are the deal breakers? The worst part I think is the uncertainty aspect. There's no guarantee whatsoever that this movie is ever going to be made, so they're practically wasting those characters for the sake of some theoretical scenario that has barely even had any movement since 2014 when it was originally announced. We've heard some vague details, seen a few character breakdowns and had a few writers and producers attached to it and that's it. They finally announce a GL TV show and exclude the two most popular characters of the franchise for the sake of a movie that for all we know may not ever happen. Some of the articles mention that WB sees the TV show as a way to start course correcting the IP in outside media after the failure of the 2011 movie, yet they won't have the show feature the main characters of the planned movie. I don't get it.
    It's poor logic with WB to be honest. I think the reason why there's no real outrage among fans is because most (including myself of course) expects WB to have bigger plans for those characters. But when you think about it, you're right. There's really no guarantee here. The part that's worrisome is what would happen if that show does not do well and not meet expectations? What then? Does this mean the left out characters will no longer have a movie or whatever appearance in the media, because the show failed? And regarding the show, I don't have high expectations for it to be honest. Not because John Stewart is not in there, but because the GL concept seems more weak and you have guys like Marc Guggenheim in there. Who knows, they may pull it off, but I don't have confidence that it will.

BANNED

It's poor logic with WB to be honest. I think the reason why there's no real outrage among fans is because most (including myself of course) expects WB to have bigger plans for those characters.
    Personally, I think I stopped caring when I saw Batman V. Superman, and definitely by the time Justice League bombed. With the DCEU looking like that, I didn't care who the Green Lantern was. I still don't really mind. Even though the DCEU has had some victories since then, somehow I could never bring myself to caring so much about which GL WB decided to go forward with.

It's interesting, though, these days, streaming might be a better venue than movies. as the pandemic has ravaged the movie industry. Who can say what 2021 will look like, though.

Personally, I think I stopped caring when I saw Batman V. Superman, and definitely by the time Justice League bombed. With the DCEU looking like that, I didn't care who the Green Lantern was. I still don't really mind. Even though the DCEU has had some victories since then, somehow I could never bring myself to caring so much about which GL WB decided to go forward with.

It's interesting, though, these days, streaming might be a better venue than movies. as the pandemic has ravaged the movie industry. Who can say what 2021 will look like, though.
    Right this is true. I think the Justice League movie was worse than Batman V. Superman and that's not saying much for Batman V. Superman. I also have mixed feelings with the DCEU. But honestly, I have no high expectations that John will be in the DCEU based off on the status of the GLC show on HBO Max. I guess I'm saying this, because I don't have enough confidence that it'll be a success. Another reason why I'm not very furious that John isn't on there, is because Guys like Marc Guggenheim is there. And John gets less screen time, regardless on whether he has a strong presence or not, because there's too many Green Lanterns on that show.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    We do - he just never used his powers, as he literally only got them in the show's final scenes. Diggle from Arrow turned out to be John Stewart. His stepfather is a General Stewart. In Elseworlds, 1990 Flash asked where his ring was. In Arrow's finale, Fadeout, he found a glowing object (either a lantern or a ring) after a spacecraft crashed.

This is more likely than the movies to be the reason why John isn't in the HBO Max show. They have no problem with the same character being on movies and TV now, but two different TV versions is another matter.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

This is more likely than the movies to be the reason why John isn't in the HBO Max show.
    A movie thing is far more likely. Diggle's sole connection to Green Lantern came literally at the very end of the series' final episode. It's extremely unlikely they were told they were not allowed to use John Stewart just because of what amounted to an easter egg joke for the hardcore fans.

Particularly when Hal Jordan, who we know was planned as the co-lead of the movie alongside John, is also missing.

Right this is true. I think the Justice League movie was worse than Batman V. Superman and that's not saying much for Batman V. Superman. I also have mixed feelings with the DCEU. But honestly, I have no high expectations that John will be in the DCEU based off on the status of the GLC show on HBO Max. I guess I'm saying this, because I don't have enough confidence that it'll be a success. Another reason why I'm not very furious that John isn't on there, is because Guys like Marc Guggenheim is there. And John gets less screen time, regardless on whether he has a strong presence or not, because there's too many Green Lanterns on that show.
    At this point I don't even know why they are even calling it the DCEU. They are still doing the film's and shows the way they did back in the 90s so why the pretense that is one verse with broader overlapping yarns?