Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Yeeeeees.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah, strictly this character.

I have found most stories revolving around A to be subpar. The Twelve and Blood of Apocalypse come to mind. I really like the writing for him now bc his motivation has changed which needed to happen bc the way he was used before had gotten stale
    Yeah, both of the storylines was generic and ineffectual. But I was asking about X-Factor. I haven't read Simonson's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Yeah, both of the storylines was generic and ineffectual. But I was asking about X-Factor. I haven't read Simonson's run.
    Have you watched TAS? That was based off of her version. The original Horseman story with Warren’s transformation was very good. Apocalypse was an effective villain and legitimate threat to the team in that he didn’t lose and caused long lasting damage to them. Claremont even did good with him in “Endgame” when he infected Christopher with the TO virus and Cyclops was forced to give up his son.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeeeeees.

He is so beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I never stanned Apoc until now...

I have long seen the potential for the character beyond just a big baddie, so this new run has been good on that front. I really do wish Hickman was writing him in Excalibur, though. The magician thing could be great under a really strong mind like his, or even better someone who actually likes magic like Alan Moore. It's a great angle to explore him from, but the little bits we seen in Excalibur have been weak. Unworthy of En Sabah Nur.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Have you watched TAS? That was based off of her version. The original Horseman story with Warren’s transformation was very good. Apocalypse was an effective villain and legitimate threat to the team in that he didn’t lose and caused long lasting damage to them. Claremont even did good with him in “Endgame” when he infected Christopher with the TO virus and Cyclops was forced to give up his son.
    No I am not honestly but I was hoping to catch up with Apocalypse as much as I can. I will read Simonsons run if possible.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I have long seen the potential for the character beyond just a big baddie, so this new run has been good on that front. I really do wish Hickman was writing him in Excalibur, though. The magician thing could be great under a really strong mind like his, or even better someone who actually likes magic like Alan Moore. It's a great angle to explore him from, but the little bits we seen in Excalibur have been weak. Unworthy of En Sabah Nur.
    I first met the character in X-men Evolution but really had no opinion on him. I didn't read any of his stories but I knew he existed. I'm excited for what Hickman has planned for him.

I don't read excalibur so you're gonna have to explain this magic thing going on.

BANNED

X-Factor #51 Feb 1990
    "Home!" First appearances of Opal Tanaka and Charlotte Jones.
    In New York, two surviving Morlocks, Mole and Chicken Wing, are hunted by Sabretooth.
    Chicken Wing is killed, but Mole uses his power to escape into a building.

Watching from Apocalypse's base in the Himalayas, Caliban yearns to go to New York
    and use his new powers to kill Sabretooth, but Apocalypse insists he must have patience.

Meanwhile, X-Factor returns to Earth, and Ship lands himself upright
    where the old X-Factor building was, transforming himself into a skyscraper.
    Elsewhere, Opal Tanaka discovers Mole in
    the basement of the record store where she works, but agrees to let him stay.

Back at Ship, X-Factor's return has caught the attention of the press and the police, but their helicopters are caught in a scrum
    and X-Factor springs into action to rescue everyone, including police officer Charlotte Jones.

On the ground, they hold a press conference,where Beast is reunited with Trish Tilby.
    But Archangel is uncomfortable with the attention, and feeling his
    wings responding to his fury, he flies off before he hurts someone.
    The press is dismayed, but Charlotte Jones sticks up for him.
    Sabretooth watches from a nearby rooftop as Archangel flies by,
    while in the Himalayas, Caliban disobeys Apocalypse and teleports himself to New York.
    However, this pleases Apocalypse, who wanted Caliban to take the initiative, believing that,
    in time, Caliban's predations will cause all mutants to come together in strength to stand against him.

Story by Louise Simonson. Art by Terry Shoemaker and Al Milgrom.

Astonishing Member

Krakatoa certainly has breathed badly needed life back into his character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Krakatoa certainly has breathed badly needed life back into his character.
    I think his reintroduction has been handled in a really interesting way. He was gone for a decade and we were all sort of wondering when he would show up again.

Age of X-Men was an interesting place because he wasn't really the victim, just another victim. X-Men Black reminded us that he was more than just a thuggish brute, but Age of X-Men allowed him to not be fully antagonistic towards the X-Men.

Apocalypse was great on Exaclibur today
    He even showed mercy to the baby

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Apocalypse was great on Exaclibur today
    He even showed mercy to the baby
    He didn't show mercy to my eyes. Drink that all in.

I enjoy their "friendship" or whatever the heck you would call it. She's not afraid of him and he respects her.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I need to get me some...o--[A]--o Xaddy is FIYAH!!!
    Janet Dammn Baby.jpg
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    He didn't show mercy to my eyes. Drink that all in.

You're right. He allowed the baby to live because Betsy asked but I think that is still something for Apocalypse