Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    When you think on it...and if you read Simonson's Thor...Surtur's Twilight Sword is a relatively "recent" creation of the MU and Thor Mythos whereas the Twilight Sword of Okkara legend is millenia old.
    Perhaps, from the ridiculous sliding time scale that botches continuity to no end -- The Sword of Surtur first appeared in Journey into Mystery #104 (May, 1964).
    Last edited by Micabe; 10-23-2020 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    and today

I love that!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Perhaps, from the ridiculous sliding time scale that botches continuity to no end -- The Sword of Surtur first appeared in Journey into Mystery #104 (May, 1964).
    If sources are to be believed...Surtur reforged the Twilight Sword and is also cited as its creator...and it has been lost and found a few times well over the course of history so it may very well be the same sword...and HiX-Man is telling of its first/earliest appearance and use by the being who tore Okkara in two.

Which would still beg the question: Was Surtur that being who split Okarra in two?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-24-2020 at 09:57 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Fantastic Member

I'm guessing Apocalypse never untied Morgan le Fey from that table?

I'm missing my Big Xaddy Blue already. (it's great he appreciated my "suppleness", though).
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I am also missing the big blue bastard already. I know Hickman has plans for him down the road though.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

When was the last time we've witnessed Apocalypse do any Self-Molecular Manipulation or Celestial Energy (granted by the Celestial technology augmenting him) Manipulation?
    Last edited by Micabe; 12-07-2020 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I am also missing the big blue bastard already. I know Hickman has plans for him down the road though.
    Yup. His story, along with that of his family and Amenth, is far from finished but.... so much

I am certain that Apocalypse and his family are going to be the cavalry that helps Krakoa when we least expect it and we don't even remember them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I am certain that Apocalypse and his family are going to be the cavalry that helps Krakoa when we least expect it and we don't even remember them anymore.
    Yupp.
    I know exactly how Rictor feels....sigh.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    When was the last time we've witnessed Apocalypse do any Self-Molecular Manipulation or Celestial Energy (granted by the Celestial technology augmenting him) Manipulation?
    When was the last time we saw Apocalypse use *any* mutant power? He's just been big and portentous, and swung a sword around a bit.

Evan, back when he was alive, used his actual mutant powers more than Apocalypse has in the last year or two...

Sinister and Exodus are in the same boat. All hat and no cat. Posture, preen and quip. Boring. At least Magneto likes to flaunt. He seems to actually enjoy being a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    When was the last time we saw Apocalypse use *any* mutant power? He's just been big and portentous, and swung a sword around a bit.

Evan, back when he was alive, used his actual mutant powers more than Apocalypse has in the last year or two...

Sinister and Exodus are in the same boat. All hat and no cat. Posture, preen and quip. Boring. At least Magneto likes to flaunt. He seems to actually enjoy being a mutant.
    Apocalypse used his energy manipulation on Excalibur with a large energy beam and appeared to raise a large stone wall in X of Swords.

In their duel against Genesis they both seemed to use his powers to a minimum, perhaps to be honorable. They used them but not much. Exodus used his powers on Empyre but he hasn't been in many combat situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

He uses his power in Excalibur

Yes it's correct. Also when the druids stormed the lighthouse.

The problem with Apocalypse is that his powers are terribly ill defined. And worst of all, many are not clear which are by Celestial technology and which are by his mutacon.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yes it's correct. Also when the druids stormed the lighthouse.

The problem with Apocalypse is that his powers are terribly ill defined. And worst of all, many are not clear which are by Celestial technology and which are by his mutacon.
    His mutation is the stretchy shapechange-y invulnerable body stuff, like Evan used to use (and he used to use as an X-Factor villain, in the 80s, turning his fists into bludgeons or whatever). AFAIK the zaps are all Celestial-tech.