Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Here we have the classic costume, Excalibur Costume and a new one for X of Swords. I like the new costume. It seems like a combination of the two other costumes.

Excalibur Costume - The gold A belt thing. Blue and gold color scheme. A cape instead of the robe.
    Original Costume - Celestial Armor.

Atm Apocalypse is seen wearing the OG and Excalibur costumes. Maybe going forward Apocalypse will be wearing this new costume. I hope so because the Excalibur costume makes him look too normal. The armor is what makes him stand out and look like a tank. I wish the new costume kept the size of the shoulder pads and the A design like the og costume, but its not that important.

In my head cannon the reason why Apocalypse was not wearing his armor in Excalibur is because he was preparing his armor for the upcoming mission to save the first horseman.

It would be nice to see Apocalypse and Genesis fighting together in X of swords.
    Last edited by FIGHT; 05-15-2020 at 05:43 PM.

Another look at his X of Swords costume. I think Pepe Larraz makes it looks much more appealing.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post

Here we have the classic costume, Excalibur Costume and a new one for X of Swords. I like the new costume. It seems like a combination of the two other costumes.

Excalibur Costume - The gold A belt thing. Blue and gold color scheme. A cape instead of the robe.
    Original Costume - Celestial Armor.

Atm Apocalypse is seen wearing the OG and Excalibur costumes. Maybe going forward Apocalypse will be wearing this new costume. I hope so because the Excalibur costume makes him look too normal. The armor is what makes him stand out and look like a tank. I wish the new costume kept the size of the shoulder pads and the A design like the og costume, but its not that important.

In my head cannon the reason why Apocalypse was not wearing his armor in Excalibur is because he was preparing his armor for the upcoming mission to save the first horseman.

It would be nice to see Apocalypse and Genesis fighting together in X of swords.
    Apocalypse Excalibur outfit looks more like lounge wear more than anything. It’s a perfect outfit to chill at Krakoa but not for an upcoming war.

BANNED

I think R.B Silva's Apocalypse costume is also pretty cool. Though the dialogue in this page is what makes him badass

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    Apocalypse Excalibur outfit looks more like lounge wear more than anything. It’s a perfect outfit to chill at Krakoa but not for an upcoming war.
    The war isn't really a danger to him, since he's terrible hard to kill and if he is killed he can get a new body from Krakoa. It serves another purpose, it makes him appear vulnerable around Excalibur so he's seen more as a friend than an enemy. It's telling he's only done this after Krakoa began, when originally he nee got out of that suit or showed weakness. He knows his agenda requires the subtle touch right now.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

o--[A]--o is the epitome of Zaddy Perfection.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    o--[A]--o is the epitome of Zaddy Perfection.
    Co-signed.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member

What is Apocalypse's main mutant ability, divorced from the Celestial tech and other augmentations?

Quote Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
    What is Apocalypse's main mutant ability, divorced from the Celestial tech and other augmentations?
    In stories set in the far far past and flashbacks before he got his Celestial tech, we've seen him use Super strength, durability, the ability to change size, and energy blasts.

He's also extremely long lived and hard to kill, showing at least some signs of immortality before getting the Celestial enchantments.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
    As seen with Evan Sabah Nur / Genesis, it seems to have started with a kind of body control/shapeshifting that revolves around total mental control over his body on a molecular level. He primarily used it for stretching tricks, like a junior Mr. Fantastic, but also seemed superhumanly durable (and, presumably, able to reverse any injury just by thinking about it, causing any wounded tissue to revert to an unwounded state?). Immortality / agelessness would seem to come with that package, since his body only would change as he wished it to change.

After that, he seems to have added some of the powers of an Eternal, from the Celestial augmentations, primarily super-strength, energy manipulation and flight (which he rarely uses). Other Eternal powers he hasn't been seen using; telepathy, graviton manipulation that emulates telekinesis, rare transmutation, even rarer teleportation. (Shapeshifting and immortality / superhuman durability, also among their powers, he already had in the bag.)

The actual first ability En Sabah Nur showed was super strength. He could lift or push several tons of rock. This is far weaker than he is NOW, but he used that ability before the shape changing and regeneration powers. So yeah, as a mutant with no weapons he's a force to be reckoned with.

What issues exactly explore En Sabath Nur's interaction with the Celestials? I've seen it vaguely mentioned in a story or two, but I don't think I've read a very specific accounting.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    What issues exactly explore En Sabath Nur's interaction with the Celestials? I've seen it vaguely mentioned in a story or two, but I don't think I've read a very specific accounting.
    I think the first Celestial mention is Ship. Ship is revealed to be Celestial tech. I think it's hinted before, but that's confirmed in X-Factor Judgement War (43-50). I will save you some time: Ship was made by the Celestials to monitor humanity. Apocalypse found him and enslaved him. He developed consciousness on his own.
    He might bring up Celestial stuff in Milligan when he's trying to convince the X-Men to drink his blood (lol). Then X-Force would have the most info as it deals with the Celestial Life Seeds.
    Last edited by coveredinbees; 05-17-2020 at 01:49 PM.