Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

I want to see Cable interact with him. Especially since this version of Cable hasn’t fulfilled his mission yet of ending Apocalypse’s reign in the future. Personally, I wish Kid Cable would go away and we could have OG Cable back (I know, I’m a broken record on this), to see him interact with Apocalypse, or [A], as he’s now called. Now that would be interesting considering where they both are now.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Yea, its nice too see him being a dad to mutants and all. Its better than where he was b4 which was MIA for the most part. Sooner or later he will revert to being a normal villain tho.
    Apocalypse? Normal?

When was he normal?

I'm with you guys that I like where the character is going under Hickman.
    I think the problem lies in the way X-men villains are treated overall. Unless they become heroes (Frost, Mags, Apocalypse) they become stale. They become jobbers or get no real development. Imo I think its just bad writing.

At the same time I think Apocalypse stories overall don't focus much on the mutant himself. He played a small boring role in fighting against X-man. Apocalypse wars didn't involve 616 Apocalypse. Uncanny X-force has his clone and Angel taking his spot. Axis was Genesis again. I would argue even Age of Apocalypse was more of a Magneto / X-men story then an Apocalypse story. In the Infinity war comic Thanos was the big bad guy that all the Avengers had to take down. In AoP Apocalypse doesn't show up most issues and Magneto one shots him and thats that. lol.

Imo Apocalypse was best written as he was in X-factor. He was a powerhouse that had great dialogue and fights. He fights X-factor, In humans, the high evolutionary, Loki all the while talking smack or arguing about his philosophy. I think he can still be written well as a villain (like he was in the 90s cartoon, evolution cartoon, X-factor) if a good writer is up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    When was he normal?
    Normal as in a bad guy that causes a lot of destruction/ kills people
    Last edited by FIGHT; 06-17-2020 at 05:40 PM.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Imo Apocalypse was best written as he was in X-factor. He was a powerhouse that had great dialogue and fights. He fights X-factor, In humans, the high evolutionary, Loki all the while talking smack or arguing about his philosophy. I think he can still be written well as a villain (like he was in the 90s cartoon, evolution cartoon, X-factor) if a good writer is up to it.
    I liked him best in X-Factor as well and especially in X-Factor Forever with Louise Simonson's intended origin for him.

And frankly not every X-Villain should be a Rogue, Gambit, or Magneto. Part of the reason that Apocalypse was introduced was because villains like Magneto and Mystique were being reformed and the X-Men needed a new set of villains that were even deadlier and more amoral.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I liked him best in X-Factor as well and especially in X-Factor Forever with Louise Simonson's intended origin for him.

And frankly not every X-Villain should be a Rogue, Gambit, or Magneto. Part of the reason that Apocalypse was introduced was because villains like Magneto and Mystique were being reformed and the X-Men needed a new set of villains that were even deadlier and more amoral.
    Please save me the trouble of digging out and reading thru X-Factor Forever -- What was Louise Simonson's intended origin for En Sabah Nur?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Please save me the trouble of digging out and reading thru X-Factor Forever -- What was Louise Simonson's intended origin for En Sabah Nur?
    Its my understanding that Apocalypse knew that the Celestials would eventually come back to Earth and judge whether evolution on the planet had progressed to the point that it was worth saving. Apocalypse's Survival of the Fittest motivation was to prepare the planet by getting rid of the dead weight and making it such that the Celestials would keep Earth bc it was populated by a higher percentage of strong fit evolved beings

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its my understanding that Apocalypse knew that the Celestials would eventually come back to Earth and judge whether evolution on the planet had progressed to the point that it was worth saving. Apocalypse's Survival of the Fittest motivation was to prepare the planet by getting rid of the dead weight and making it such that the Celestials would keep Earth bc it was populated by a higher percentage of strong fit evolved beings
    By Apocalypse estimation the Eternals, all of humanity and the majority of mutant kind was dead weight. He truly is X-men's Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    By Apocalypse estimation the Eternals, all of humanity and the majority of mutant kind was dead weight. He truly is X-men's Thanos.
    which isnt the worse thing in the world. If you know the world will be destroyed, do you do nothing or make it such that it spared and millions of lives survive even if that means many others will die? Apocalypse chose the option that gave him and others a chance to live rather than inevitable doom. At least that was the original intent

Astonishing Member

which isnt the worse thing in the world. If you know the world will be destroyed, do you do nothing or make it such that it spared and millions of lives survive even if that means many others will die? Apocalypse chose the option that gave him and others a chance to live rather than inevitable doom. At least that was the original intent
    Awfully dismissive since we're talking about billions of people being murdered and Apocalypse loves his job. Maybe rather then being generic super-villain #96 he should fight back, like the rest of the super-heroes? There is more choices had than "do nothing." The Age of Apocalypse wasn't a good place to live in, even for those on his side.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Awfully dismissive since we're talking about billions of people being murdered and Apocalypse loves his job. Maybe rather then being generic super-villain #96 he should fight back, like the rest of the super-heroes? There is more choices had than "do nothing." The Age of Apocalypse wasn't a good place to live in, even for those on his side.
    He was able to protect the Earth and that didnt involve billions being murdered. He saved mutantkind and humanity by outsmarting the Celestials

Besides what Havok83 said, Apocalypse also didn't have those Egyptian ties and the En Sabah Nur identity that have become so prevalent now especially in the movies and TV shows. He was the oldest mutant, born way before Selene, but took on different identities and roles throughout history in various parts of the world. He spends thousands of years just trying to crack the Celestials' code in Ship so he can learn how to operate Ship and is responsible for manipulating the Eternals and the Deviants.

Sinister's origin is pretty similar to his 616 counterpart's except that he's responsible for the mass amount of mutants in Genosha which is what Apocalypse fears will set off the Celestials as they'll recognize that their kind of genetic tampering has been hijacked by another.

He also had the fear that mutants couldn't procreate other mutants so mutantkind was an evolutionary dead end. It takes Nathan Christopher Summers' existence to placate the Celestials that mutants are a viable species.

BANNED

Thanks... Now, I have to reread X-Factor: Forever when I find it.

In Uncanny X-Force when they visit Age of Apocalypse, Logan has transformed into the new Apocalypse precisely to avoid Celestial judgment on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    In Uncanny X-Force when they visit Age of Apocalypse, Logan has transformed into the new Apocalypse precisely to avoid Celestial judgment on Earth.
    Thanks for the reminder! I forgot about that.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

o--[A]--o is looking extra Xaddy! on that Hanged Man tarot card.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!