Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He was able to protect the Earth and that didnt involve billions being murdered. He saved mutantkind and humanity by outsmarting the Celestials
    In the Age of Apocalypse has kills billions off-screen in the wars against humanity, they're nearly extinct and he creates a dystopia for mutants. Death and despair is a constant shadow over it, anyone who fights against Apocalypse rule is dispatched by his armies of enforcers. His regime was still culling humans in the Astonishing X-men mini-series. Have you read the original Age of Apocalypse books?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

We will not allow this o--[A]--o love and appreciation thread to be hijacked with Apocalypse hate...be forewarned. Those who don't like him, his presence, his character, his position in this X-era...they have no place here. Do not come here to clog the thread with incessant bile and sewerage.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-15-2020 at 04:59 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    In the Age of Apocalypse has kills billions off-screen in the wars against humanity, they're nearly extinct and he creates a dystopia for mutants. Death and despair is a constant shadow over it, anyone who fights against Apocalypse rule is dispatched by his armies of enforcers. His regime was still culling humans in the Astonishing X-men mini-series. Have you read the original Age of Apocalypse books?
    Age of Apocalypse was an alternate reality that has no bearing on present day 616 or X-Factor Forever, which was what was originally being discussed. AoA wasnt even a thing when Simonson's original ideas for Apocalypse were thought up. Havok was a sadistic murdering monster there but we dont hold that against 616 Havok. Maybe you do bc this isnt the first time you've used AoA against characters from another universe
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-15-2020 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    o--[A]--o is looking extra Xaddy! on that Hanged Man tarot card.

Xaddy, indeed. I'm so looking forward to this event.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Age of Apocalypse was an alternate reality that has no bearing on present day 616 or X-Factor Forever, which was what was originally being discussed. AoA wasnt even a thing when Simonson's original ideas for Apocalypse were thought up. Havok was a sadistic murdering monster there but we dont hold that against 616 Havok. Maybe you do bc this isnt the first time you've used AoA against characters from another universe
    I didn't bring Age of Apocalypse up at random, do you know the circumstances about why it was created? The 616 timeline was altered when David haller went back in time and accidentally killed Charles Xavier, it answers the question to what would happen had Apocalypse won. That's why his name is on the title, he's the last affected by the events because he made those events occur deliberately because he's a super-villain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Apocalypse

Simonson still made him a monster that's recognisable to his AOA self, here's a quote about him from The Philadelphia Enquirer:

"When X-Factor was created, it caused a split in the "Mutant World" [and] several seminal characters were pulled out of [writer] Chris Claremont's X-Men." "Apocalypse is the first mutant – a brilliant shape-shifter who is virtually immortal – and sees himself as the father of mutantkind…In his early years, which I covered in the X-Factor Forever miniseries . . . Apocalypse encountered the Celestials and realized there was a time when humanity might be judged unworthy and destroyed. Consequently, he's been using Darwinian principles – survival of the fittest – to kill off the weak and force the survivors to grow stronger, to push humanity to get better and more powerful. He considers himself the Apocalypse of modern man and the father of what humanity will come next – Mutantkind. Where Magneto sees mutants as the next step of evolution and strives to protect all mutants, Apocalypse believes in absolute survival of the fittest – so if the Hulk, for example, is stronger than [the X-Men's] Colossus...well, in Apocalypse's world he would say, 'Bye, bye, comrade.'"[5]
    Havok's done monstrous acts in 616, like when he was in the Brotherhood. Seared off the top of an airplane to assassinate J. Jonah Jameson and nearly killed Cyclops while doing it. Alex left Scott to plunge to the ground while he teleported away.

I bring up AoA when it impacts other characters, like when Beast acts like the Dark Beast.

And there's also Cable's future.

This thread is about Apocalypse, and my response was to counter your argument that Apocalypse hasn't killed billions of people before and not sugar coat the fact he helped the X-men stopped the Celestials once didn't make anything I said any less true. We don't get to cherry pick canon. Apocalypse has always been a monster.

Ultimate Member

This thread is about Apocalypse,
    Specifically, it's an *Appreciation* thread. I don't have a ton of nice things to say about him, so I don't post here much. Follow my lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Alright, I'll say it. I'm worried their gonna change him back to evil...and I really like this new version of Apocalypse.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Specifically, it's an *Appreciation* thread. I don't have a ton of nice things to say about him, so I don't post here much. Follow my lead.
    I appreciate him as a villain. He's a great character.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

IKR!?
    My interest absolutely skyrocketed looking at FCBD Tarot cards.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Was 616 Apocalypse aware of the Age of Apocalypse? Was he sad it didn't work out? Any panels with dialogue on the subject anyone can think of?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Was 616 Apocalypse aware of the Age of Apocalypse? Was he sad it didn't work out? Any panels with dialogue on the subject anyone can think of?
    I can't recall ever reading anything like that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Timeline for rewritten so he wouldn't remember it.

Timeline for rewritten so he wouldn't remember it.
    The question is if he has acquired second or third hand information.

There's a man on the Quiet Council who could tell him in fact. Benet du Paris has met at least one person(Holocaust) from the AoA reality and may or may not have telepathically learned about it. If he did he could tell Apoccy.

Then there's various Xmen who learned about it from Nate Grey... some of which became Horsemen. did they talk about it with Apoccy? Oh yeah several of them are on the Council too.

Ultimate Member

The tarot card image of Apocalypse is great because of the faux Egyptian stylings to what he's wearing. The more Egyptian he looks, the happier I am!

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    The question is if he has acquired second or third hand information.

There's a man on the Quiet Council who could tell him in fact. Benet du Paris has met at least one person(Holocaust) from the AoA reality and may or may not have telepathically learned about it. If he did he could tell Apoccy.

Then there's various Xmen who learned about it from Nate Grey... some of which became Horsemen. did they talk about it with Apoccy? Oh yeah several of them are on the Council too.
    But AoA isn't really the kinda place one lays about fondly reminiscing
    GrindrStone(D)