Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Outstanding. I've never been so enthralled with his depiction.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

...I see you, sister

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I’m so grateful to Hickman for allowing •|Ä|• to be more than a power ranger villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    DoX Apocalypse is best Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Its definitely the best one since the X-Factor era. Poor Apocalypse had had to deal with nearly 30 years worth of bad stories and characterization but he is finally been recontextualized in 616 in a way that has brought new life to the character

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its definitely the best one since the X-Factor era. Poor Apocalypse had had to deal with nearly 30 years worth of bad stories and characterization but he is finally been recontextualized in 616 in a way that has brought new life to the character
    Then what about PoX, Messiah War, AOA and Apocalpyse Solution? I think people are pretty much underestimating Apocalpyse mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Then what about PoX, Messiah War, AOA and Apocalpyse Solution? I think people are pretty much underestimating Apocalpyse mythos.
    PoX, as in Powers of X? Thats the same era that we are in. Messiah War and AOA were alternate futures/realities. Apocalypse has not had a good story in 616 since X-Factor. Writers tend to do fine with him when the stakes dont matter to current continuity but there hasnt been many great takes on him in present day until now

Extraordinary Member

For years, it was more like he was a sort of boogeyman since, well, he was dead and all or something. The way he's been brought back is actually pretty interesting since he wasn't like the absolute star villain of some big event.

This issue reminded me of how he's been depicted with his Horsemen before. Like, you know, where he tortures them before he gives them their new powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    I still like TAS Apocalypse more. But Hickman's a strong second, and rapidly gaining ground(I wish he was handling the mutant magician in Excalibur personally). I enjoyed reading #7 in TAS's Poccy's voice. Needs better dialog to take the top spot, though! "I am the rocks of the eternal shores. Crash against me and be broken!" is just too good!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

PoX, as in Powers of X? Thats the same era that we are in. Messiah War and AOA were alternate futures/realities. Apocalypse has not had a good story in 616 since X-Factor. Writers tend to do fine with him when the stakes dont matter to current continuity but there hasnt been many great takes on him in present day until now
    "Stakes don't matter in current continuity"..?

Aren't all Apocalypse and his Horsemen mythos were all about High Stakes from the beginning because of Apocalypse's basic philosophy i.e Survival of the Fittest . Btw you may have omitted the UXF and UA. They both have good Apocalpyse arcs in current continuities.

"Stakes don't matter in current continuity"..?

Aren't all Apocalypse and his Horsemen mythos were all about High Stakes from the beginning because of Apocalypse's basic philosophy i.e Survival of the Fittest . Btw you may have omitted the UXF and UA. They both have good Apocalpyse arcs in current continuities.
    I wrote to current continuity, not in current continuity, and I stand by that. Apocalypse was an all powerful dictator that completely changed the world in AOA. Great story but that stuff ultimately didnt matter to 616. The stuff that happens with him in alternte futures and universes rarely does. Apocalypse is best when he has won and is in power, not struggling to try to get that power which tends to be his deal in present day 616. DoX has flipped that and given us an interesting take on him which works for him

And I didnt forget UXF. Apocalypse was dead during UXF. Im not counting Warren taking up his mantle bc that was a different character. I barely read UA but its my impression that En Sabah Nur wasnt involved with that either

I wrote to current continuity, not in current continuity, and I stand by that. Apocalypse was an all powerful dictator that completely changed the world in AOA. Great story but that stuff ultimately didnt matter to 616. The stuff that happens with him in alternte futures and universes rarely does. Apocalypse is best when he has won and is in power, not struggling to try to get that power which tends to be his deal in present day 616. DoX has flipped that and given us an interesting take on him which works for him

And I didnt forget UXF. Apocalypse was dead during UXF. Im not counting Warren taking up his mantle bc that was a different character. I barely read UA but its my impression that En Sabah Nur wasnt involved with that either
    Ok, so this is basically about the Apocalypse's character itself only?

Then I guess I can get behind that

Btw why do you think "its definitely the best since X-Factor"?
    Last edited by Keno; 02-27-2020 at 10:22 AM.

Ok, so this is basically about the Apocalypse's character itself only?

Then I guess I can get behind that

Btw why do you think "its definitely the best since X-Factor"?
    Yeah, strictly this character.

I have found most stories revolving around A to be subpar. The Twelve and Blood of Apocalypse come to mind. I really like the writing for him now bc his motivation has changed which needed to happen bc the way he was used before had gotten stale

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I never stanned Apoc until now...