Page 115 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2680
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the Russo's scaled down all the Avengers' heavy hitters. I mean, look how quickly they take out or do nothing with Vision in all of their movies. It's like they're trying to avoid using the most powered members as much as possible, aside from making sure Carol gets a scene of her owning Thanos.
    Its almost as if they're more interested in the human drama than CGI fights, like Justice League.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

I think the Russo's scaled down all the Avengers' heavy hitters. I mean, look how quickly they take out or do nothing with Vision in all of their movies. It's like they're trying to avoid using the most powered members as much as possible, aside from making sure Carol gets a scene of her owning Thanos.
    They nerfed base Thanos so hard.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Its almost as if they're more interested in the human drama than CGI fights, like Justice League.
    Or they were more interested in the "human" Avengers then the really superpowered ones, so they either weakened, wrote out, or completely revamped anyone that didn't fit their paradigm.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    They nerfed base Thanos so hard.
    Not as much as they nerfed some of The Avengers.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

And ye there are people (even in this forum) that want a reboot of the Marvel Universe we know as the MCU...Go figure...

I don't have much interest in the MCU after Endgame; I'd say is almost zero. If something like this would happen to the comics, it would be the end for me: no movies and no comics at all.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Same. I wonder how the mainstream is going to take to it continuing after such a climax.

Oh, and I only saw a few panels of the new story, is the Cates Godblast different or just more powerful than the old one?
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    And ye there are people (even in this forum) that want a reboot of the Marvel Universe we know as the MCU...Go figure...

I don't have much interest in the MCU after Endgame; I'd say is almost zero. If something like this would happen to the comics, it would be the end for me: no movies and no comics at all.

Ditto. I don't want Thor and Marvel Cosmic heroes being reduced to a bunch of goofball fratboys.

What kind of cbr user wants the 616 comic universe to be exactly like the MCU?
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 06-27-2020 at 01:11 PM.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Same. I wonder how the mainstream is going to take to it continuing after such a climax.

Oh, and I only saw a few panels of the new story, is the Cates Godblast different or just more powerful than the old one?
    It managed to blow away a horde of supervillains (including Mangog, Surtur and Jormungandr) and make a hole in the black winter. Although you could say that those supervillains were just weaker mental copies of the real deals.

The last time Thor used it was to roast Durok the Demolisher in the Ragnarok Dissasembled story.

BANNED

It managed to blow away a horde of supervillains (including Mangog, Surtur and Jormungandr) and make a hole in the black winter. Although you could say that those supervillains were just weaker mental copies of the real deals.

The last time Thor used it was to roast Durok the Demolisher in the Ragnarok Dissasembled story.
    Those villains were manifestations of the Black Winter who was messing with Thor, if anything, I'd say they were vastly more powerful versions of his real villains, which are quite powerful to begin with.

Astonishing Member

I think it was very clear who got amped up or had the best power showings in endgame and who got ramped down, and the vidions ending was a total waste of the character imo

Having looked over the last issue again I am staggeringly unhappy with what was done with Galactus, it doesn't scan with his background at all and certainly not what was done to his background only recently in Ultimates

There just seems to be no mythos continuity at all anymore

But any story that's about future and endings is always like that I feel

Still, I am not in any way Impressed with this alteration

That said Thor was absolutely utterly brilliant

And that was immensely great to see
    Last edited by kilderkin; 06-27-2020 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Those villains were manifestations of the Black Winter who was messing with Thor, if anything, I'd say they were vastly more powerful versions of his real villains, which are quite powerful to begin with.
    I disagree. The God Blast Is very powerful but it shouldn't be a universe buster imo. Even the ultimate technique needs to have some limit. If those manifestations were more powerful than the real deals then Thor wouldn't have lasted 10 seconds, even with the Power Cosmic.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I think it was very clear who got amped up or had the best power showings in endgame and who got ramped down, and the vidions ending was a total waste of the character imo

Having looked over the last issue again I am staggeringly unhappy with what was done with Galactus, it doesn't scan with his background at all and certainly not what was done to his background only recently in Ultimates

There just seems to be no mythos continuity at all anymore

But any story that's about future and endings is always like that I feel

Still, I am not in any way Impressed with this alteration

That said Thor was absolutely utterly brilliant

And that was immensely great to see
    Vertical Continuity started to die with the Marvel Knights and Ultimate stories.

Now it's like a contest to see who makes the most retcons on a character backstory.

I forget where I saw it, but the Russo's claim they can't write powerful characters and don't know how to utilize or challenge them properly, and that's why they sidelined Vision so much and knee-capped Hulk and Thor. Given how they handled Thor in Infinity War I think they don't give themselves enough credit though.

Anyway, I'm not worried about Love & Thunder making the mistakes Aaron did. Half the people Aaron screwed up are dead in the MCU and Endgame already did Unworthy. What I do worry about is Love & Thunder making the same mistakes Taikiti did in Ragnarok, and driving the comedy in so hard all the emotional impact is sucked out.

It sounds like Hemsworth won't wear the fat suit though, according to something Taikiti posted a while back, so that's one concern some people have put to rest.

I imagine L&T is just gonna be like Ragnarok was, with the same kind of flaws and strengths. So if you liked that movie, you'll probably like this one. If you didn't, then Jane isn't your problem, Taikiti is and you're just sh*t out of luck.

L&T is gonna be a "girl power" movie, but that's not a bad thing unless you're scared of strong women (and if you are grow the f**k up). And before the hammer was destroyed in Ragnarok we did see Taikiti have it fly around on its own (when Thor is fighting Surtur's minions), so we'll probably get more of that. And the comedy bent for Thor's character will likely continue in some way, though not necessarily in the same form as Endgame's broken idiot or Ragnarok's fratboy idiot. Taikiti and Hemsworth both love comedy so we're damn unlikely to dodge that bullet.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Cates also said, it is Odin Force Thor, plus Cosmic cube so yea
    I think its stronger
    First Thor is Sky Father level now
    Also those dupes he fought hurt him and tanked his blows, so they were every bit legitimate.
    Incredible scene nonetheless thank you Cates
    Last edited by ciscostudent561; 06-28-2020 at 10:09 AM.
    Cyclops was right

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post

Yeah me neither. I didnt like endgame at all either.
    Cyclops was right

Mighty Member

Or they were more interested in the "human" Avengers then the really superpowered ones, so they either weakened, wrote out, or completely revamped anyone that didn't fit their paradigm.
    Which odd considering they were chosen to depict the avengers battle a cosmic entity in Thanos, oh well.
    Sad part is minus some of the nerfing, Battle on Titan was spectacular.
    The final battle in endgame was woefully dissappointing.
    Cyclops was right