Page 178 of 179 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179 LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 2680

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    King in Black #3 will probably have Knull vs Thor.

from scale 1-10, how bad will he get wrekted???
    Probably not as badly as if it were in Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably not as badly as if it were in Avengers.
    that's a relief.

BANNED

It's written by Cates who also writes Thors solo series as we know and Knulls known weaknesses are lightning, power cosmic and magic... it's like Cates purposefully made it all just to perfectly fit Thor, so the chances of Thor being "wrecked" are next to minimal, he will lose obviously since he has to, but he will do really well against Knull i wouldn't be surprised if Knull even ends up needing to cheat to win, either way Thor will do better against Knull than anyone else will in the series apart from probably Dylan himself at the very end of the event.

This isn't Aaron, under who Thor would be an incompetent punching bag that would need Jane to swoop in and save him.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    It's written by Cates who also writes Thors solo series as we know and Knulls known weaknesses are lightning, power cosmic and magic... it's like Cates purposefully made it all just to perfectly fit Thor, so the chances of Thor being "wrecked" are next to minimal, he will lose obviously since he has to, but he will do really well against Knull i wouldn't be surprised if Knull even ends up needing to cheat to win, either way Thor will do better against Knull than anyone else will in the series apart from probably Dylan himself at the very end of the event.

This isn't Aaron, under who Thor would be an incompetent punching bag that would need Jane to swoop in and save him.
    good point.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    It's written by Cates who also writes Thors solo series as we know and Knulls known weaknesses are lightning, power cosmic and magic...
    Wait, what? Why ordinary old lightning? I don't get it. There are so many more powerful forms of energy, many of which yield the same effect of an electrostatic discharge (e.g., superheated plasma, electromagnetic radiation, blackbody radiation, antimatter, etc. ) . That's a head scratcher. So I take it when Knull killed a Celestial, it didn't fight back? Because I'm pretty sure a Celestial can unleash any and all of those forms of energy, including lightning.

Also, is that power cosmic (meaning run of the mill cosmic energy) or the Power Cosmic (i.e., Galactus' brand of cosmic energy)?

Anyway, I think you're right. With those vulnerabilities, Knull is living on borrowed time. Way too many beings on the planet, or within Earth's sphere of influence that can generate massive amounts of lightning, magic or cosmic power/Power Cosmic.

https://www.gamesradar.com/jane-fost...e-valkyries-1/

it seems Valkyrie's beatdown is a copy paste from Ragnarok.

the villain who beats them all also seems to be female as well.

it wouldn't surprise me if it's Hela.

all for that MCU synergy...
    Last edited by GodThor; 12-30-2020 at 02:24 PM.

https://www.gamesradar.com/jane-fost...e-valkyries-1/

it seems Valkyrie's beatdown is a copy paste from Ragnarok.

the villain who beats them all also seems to be female as well.

it wouldn't surprise me if it's Hela.

all for that MCU synergy...
    I do admit I like Jane's Valkyrie hair.

Man, poor Bob...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I do admit I like Jane's Valkyrie hair.

Man, poor Bob...
    I like Jane's Valkyrie design.

he'll come back in no time.

It seems Thor will most likely get a beat down from Hulk once more.

There is a beautiful page spread where he punches the hell out of Thor.

Probably Ewing's doing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Wait, what? Why ordinary old lightning? I don't get it. There are so many more powerful forms of energy, many of which yield the same effect of an electrostatic discharge (e.g., superheated plasma, electromagnetic radiation, blackbody radiation, antimatter, etc. ) . That's a head scratcher. So I take it when Knull killed a Celestial, it didn't fight back? Because I'm pretty sure a Celestial can unleash any and all of those forms of energy, including lightning.

Also, is that power cosmic (meaning run of the mill cosmic energy) or the Power Cosmic (i.e., Galactus' brand of cosmic energy)?

Anyway, I think you're right. With those vulnerabilities, Knull is living on borrowed time. Way too many beings on the planet, or within Earth's sphere of influence that can generate massive amounts of lightning, magic or cosmic power/Power Cosmic.
    I think in ancient times, it was Thor that wrecked Knull was some big ass lightning bolt.

But current Knull has the Void inside him, i'm not sure he'll take him out that easily again.

Ultimate Member

It seems Thor will most likely get a beat down from Hulk once more.

There is a beautiful page spread where he punches the hell out of Thor.

Probably Ewing's doing.
    What? Where?

Are they ignoring that Thor has the Odin-force within him?

It seems the only place Thor uses the Odin-force is within his own book.

EDIT: I've seen the splash page. Just like I said, it seems that Thor only uses the Odin-force in his own book.
    Last edited by Username taken; 12-31-2020 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    What? Where?

Are they ignoring that Thor has the Odin-force within him?

It seems the only place Thor uses the Odin-force is within his own book.

EDIT: I've seen the splash page. Just like I said, it seems that Thor only uses the Odin-force in his own book.
    I never liked the idea of Thor getting OF like this because it will create this kind of problems where most writers will ignore it.

Btw, good on Ewing for using Avengers as hype tools again.

His boner for Hulk is unmatched.
    Last edited by GodThor; 12-31-2020 at 09:20 AM.

Ultimate Member

I never liked the idea of Thor getting OF like this because it will create this kind of problems where most writers will ignore it.

Btw, good on Ewing for using Avengers as hype tools again.

His boner for Hulk is unmatched.
    I don't have problems with writers favoring the characters they're writing. But if Ewing has Hulk knock Thor out again, then that's "a jump the shark" moment (although that shark has been jumped with Hulk fracturing Thor's skull in the first place).

My own issue is that Thor with the OF shouldn't be on the Avengers. A guy that just recently killed Galactus and nuked the Black Winter single handedly shouldn't be an Avenger.

Not to mention, the guy's the frigging kind of Asgard, he shouldn't be spending much time on Earth if at all. Unless he moves Asgard to Earth again.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I don't have problems with writers favoring the characters they're writing. But if Ewing has Hulk knock Thor out again, then that's "a jump the shark" moment (although that shark has been jumped with Hulk fracturing Thor's skull in the first place).
    not just Thor but Avengers in general.

this will be the fifth or sixth time Avengers are used as hype tools in less than 2 years with two (apparently this will be in Immortal Hulk) being Hulk exclusive.

I'm glad for Hulk fans but still...

even if he is amped by TOBA, it's still too much.

My own issue is that Thor with the OF shouldn't be on the Avengers. A guy that just recently killed Galactus and nuked the Black Winter single handedly shouldn't be an Avenger.

Not to mention, the guy's the frigging kind of Asgard, he shouldn't be spending much time on Earth if at all. Unless he moves Asgard to Earth again.
    he did have Power Cosmic alongside OF but I understand what you mean.