Page 42 of 179 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh no, not Mjolnir problems again .
    It's all so tiring.........
    Yeah! Tell me about it.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

More Mjolnir shenanigans? Seriously? No one at Marvel gets Thor's character these days. Flark this **** i'm out.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    It gave Thor the knowledge of his actions and how they'd eventually lead him to a path that there was no turning back from, and that knowledge was touched upon further in Ragnarok and the decisions he made to end the cycle, at least that's what I got from reading it as one big book. The Reigning itself (4 issue story arc) was underwhelming, but the rest 70 issues were excellent.

It was a self contained run, and that was greatly appreciated, its events not affecting other books shouldn't be a bad point for the book, I'd even count it as an advantage, nowadays you need to be reading 4 different titles to get a complete story.
    Being self-contained was a double edged sword. On one hand it didn't get into the crossover event rabbit hole. On the other hand, it led the run to be overlooked/ignored by many since it happened during a period where most Marvel characters were overshadowed by the X-Men and didn't get much exposure outside of comics.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

On a more positive note Aaron Kuder drawing Thor should be interesting to see. His art on Action Comics with Greg Pak was the saving grace of that run with bold character designs and kinetic action sequences. Kuder's style should work well on Thor even if it he is working on another 'Is Thor worthy of Mjolnir?' story arc.

BANNED

You guys need to relax, I'm pretty sure this won't have anything to do with being unworthy, there will be something entirely different at play, we just got years worth of an unworthy storyline, Cates won't go there again, especially not so soon, you can relax.

BANNED

Jason Aaron strikes again and ruins yet another character with one of his trademark retcons that make no sense, the new victim is Tony Stark.

He really is a cancer, dude needs to be fired and not let anywhere near comic books any time soon.

Sad part is, the Avengers issue was actually good and entertaining, so it does show that he has talent to write interesting stuff, what I don't get is his constant need to butcher continuity in order to tell his stories.

Extraordinary Member

Just read through Carol Danvers beating the crap out of Thor in her own book, because she can blast Mjolnir so far away it can’t get back to him in time.

WTF? I just saw him throw it thorough all ten realms and hit a moving target on Earth while he was standing in Asgard. But Danvers can just push it out of reach.

Utterly ridiculous. Oh, and now that Thor has Hercules level dumbness (according to Kelly Thomson) he can’t figure out his lightning is powering her up through the fight.

Gawd help us.
    Last edited by brettc1; 03-01-2020 at 05:29 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Just read through Carol Danvers beating the crap out of Thor in her own book, because she can blast Mjolnir so far away it can’t get back to him in time.

WTF? I just saw him throw it thorough all ten realms and hit a moving target on Earth while he was standing in Asgard. But Danvers can just push it out of reach.

Utterly ridiculous. Oh, and now that Thor has Hercules level dumbness (according to Kelly Thomson) he can’t figure out his lightning is powering her up through the fight.

Gawd help us.
    She knocked it into a pocket dimension, not 'far away'. Still, when has that stopped his hammer before? But yeah, Thor shouldn't be dumb enough to use energy projection on an energy absorber. Iron-Man too and he is supposed to be one of the smartest men on Earth.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Jason Aaron strikes again and ruins yet another character with one of his trademark retcons that make no sense, the new victim is Tony Stark.

He really is a cancer, dude needs to be fired and not let anywhere near comic books any time soon.

Sad part is, the Avengers issue was actually good and entertaining, so it does show that he has talent to write interesting stuff, what I don't get is his constant need to butcher continuity in order to tell his stories.
    You honestly enjoyed his Avengers? I'm not judging, but the run has been mediocre at best IMO.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    She knocked it into a pocket dimension, not 'far away'. Still, when has that stopped his hammer before? But yeah, Thor shouldn't be dumb enough to use energy projection on an energy absorber. Iron-Man too and he is supposed to be one of the smartest men on Earth.
    They didn’t know it was her and she had energy absorption powers? Throughout the entire fight she didn’t say anything, and the suit was masking everything else. I thought the book made it quite clear about this

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rrobin View Post
    They didn’t know it was her and she had energy absorption powers? Throughout the entire fight she didn’t say anything, and the suit was masking everything else. I thought the book made it quite clear about this
    No, Thor (he knocked her helmet off early into the fight) and Tony both knew it was her and still did what they did. T'Challa didn't, so he is excused. Please re-read the issues.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rrobin View Post
    No, it’s crap. I call crap.

Thor realises VERY early in the fight it’s Carol. They battle across the planet for hours with her mask off. Apparently without any other Avenger noticing or getting involved.

Then she blasts Mjolnir out of his hand. Carols blasts now hit harder than the Hulk it seems. Remember when Thor had one hand on the hammer and Hulk had two and still couldn’t pry it loose? I sure do.

Then she one shots him. The guy who can survive INSIDE THE SUN gets one shotted.

But girl power, so whatever.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Amazing Member

Thor realises VERY early in the fight it’s Carol. They battle across the planet for hours with her mask off. Apparently without any other Avenger noticing or getting involved.

Then she blasts Mjolnir out of his hand. Carols blasts now hit harder than the Hulk it seems. Remember when Thor had one hand on the hammer and Hulk had two and still couldn’t pry it loose? I sure do.

Then she one shots him. The guy who can survive INSIDE THE SUN gets one shotted.

I don't deny that the issue was full of bad writing, Carol KOed him because she was juiced up on his energy. I know that's part of what she does, but it's still not her base power.

BANNED

Ah, then I misremembered the time when her mask came off. Yeah then it doesn’t make sense

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I don't deny that the issue was full of bad writing, Carol KOed him because she was juiced up on his energy. I know that's part of what she does, but it's still not her base power.
    Energy he gave her knowing that’s what she does.

But for an explanation you only have to look at how KT writes him two issues later.

“They only cloned Thor’s head? What happened to my beautiful and majestic body?”

Translation - “Me am Thor am bid dum male, ug.”

Not to mention he rages about being cloned while the last two people who used a Thor clone are standing right there.