Page 130 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2680
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To this day I am massively disappointed we didn't get this moment in the movies.
    Same here. Big wasted opportunity.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    You guys need to relax, it's a freaking solicit, at least wait til the story is out to complain.
    In general comics, and imo marvel in particular, need to work on their solicits, if they do indicate the nature of the story either by Thier content or time, what's the point, far too often they just seem designed to be vague and irksome

Generally as speaking

I feel

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Recently saw the Guy Ritche flick KING ARTHUR: LEGEND OF THE SWORD, which I found to be dope.

That's kind of the tone and scale and general "weirdness" I've always wanted from a THOR flick. Excalibur is presented so well, like how Thor's hammer should be. There's a strong class consciousness to the narrative. It has something to say, there's legendary stakes and otherworldly forces.

Instead we get, what? The Dark World?
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-26-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    After looking at those few panels...what are some of the most badass Thor moments?? Let’s see ‘em.
    Since you asked, here are three more...

Thor #353
    (March, 1985)

Avengers #1
    (February, 1998)

Thor #1
    (July, 1998)

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-27-2020 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Recently saw the Guy Ritche flick KING ARTHUR: LEGEND OF THE SWORD, which I found to be dope.

That's kind of the tone and scale and general "weirdness" I've always wanted from a THOR flick. Excalibur is presented so well, like how Thor's hammer should be. There's a strong class consciousness to the narrative. It has something to say, there's legendary stakes and otherworldly forces.

Instead we get, what? The Dark World?
    Dark World was messy flick but i don't think Legend of the Sword is a good movie either.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Dark World was messy flick but i don't think Legend of the Sword is a good movie either.
    Agreed. It was pretty much Jax Teller playing King Arthur

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Thor #353
    (March, 1985)

Avengers #1
    (February, 1998)

Thor #1
    (July, 1998)

Kurt Busiek really gets Thor (and the rest of the Avengers).

Kurt Busiek really gets Thor (and the rest of the Avengers).
    No argument there .

You know, I've never read Busiek's Avengers run. It's on my christmas list though.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    You know, I've never read Busiek's Avengers run. It's on my christmas list though.
    I only read the first half and is pretty good, Avengers Forever is also awesome.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I don't think you'll be disappointed .

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Personal tastes 'n all- and I guess the consensus agrees with you since it didn't do so well. Damn did I love it, though Had such vision, and felt so immersive. Strong narrative, strong characters, wonderful visuals and overall aesthetic.

I have found all the Thor films to be on a scale from 'pretty bad' to 'real terrible', but watching Legend of the Sword I finally got a taste of what my Thor movie would look and feel like.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-27-2020 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think you'll be disappointed .
    Definitely not; that run is like a holy relic among Avengers fans it seems.

I was never an Avengers guy back in the day; for me it was the X-Men and FF. Avengers just seemed like a second rate JLA, without any of the top-end A-list characters like Spidey and Logan. I got into the Avengers when Bendis started his run and have been in and out with the title ever since, but I haven't gone back yet to read the classics. Busiek is at the top of my list.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Definitely not; that run is like a holy relic among Avengers fans it seems.

I was never an Avengers guy back in the day; for me it was the X-Men and FF. Avengers just seemed like a second rate JLA, without any of the top-end A-list characters like Spidey and Logan. I got into the Avengers when Bendis started his run and have been in and out with the title ever since, but I haven't gone back yet to read the classics. Busiek is at the top of my list.
    Ah, yes back when if you weren't part of the Spider-Man or X-Men books you didn't matter. Now the Avengers are A-list mainstdeam characters for better or worse.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Thor #353
    (March, 1985)

Avengers #1
    (February, 1998)

Thor #1
    (July, 1998)

Badass.

I’ll add a few more that I don’t have the time to get the pages of:

Thor taking down The Builder during Infinity.
    Thor (with 2 hammers) absorbing the whole power of the God-Bomb
    (No brainer)...not holding back against Iron Man.

At the minute, I’m finding Donny Cates’ “badass” Thor moments a little too forced. My favourite one was the opening scene in #1 with the hammer traversing the realms then destroying the monster on Earth.