Page 146 of 179 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2680

BANNED

How come people who supposedly dedicate to comic books be so ignorant ? Thor doesn't need Mjolnir to summon lightning or control the weather, his powers have been canonically proven many times to be way above Storm's paygrade and she herself has admitted Thor has better control over lightning.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    How come people who supposedly dedicate to comic books be so ignorant ? Thor doesn't need Mjolnir to summon lightning or control the weather, his powers have been canonically proven many times to be way above Storm's paygrade and she herself has admitted Thor has better control over lightning.
    Because they don't want Mjolnir to feel redundant. Superheroes never carry more than they need to.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Because everybody know the X-Men but few people know what Thor Is capable of. So he often ends up lowballed.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 09-21-2020 at 11:35 PM.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

A lot of this is Jason Aarons fault, he made Mljonir way too special for Thor and made Thor way too dependent of it, to the point where a lot of people that read/debate comics have this perception that Thor is more or less useless without it and not that Mljonir is just an extension of his own powers.

This is why i hope we move away from Mljonir, just let Thor wield it the same way Daredevil uses his batons or Captain America uses his shield, don't make a big deal out of it as if it has a life of it's own and Thor is in danger every other day of not being able to pick it up, i wanna see Thor focused stories more not Mljonir ones, i am a fan of Thor the character, not Mljonir the weapon.

It's no wonder issue 7 of Thor was the worst reviewed comic issue of last week, people are tired of the Mljonir stuff.

I'm surprised those "experts" can get something like this so wrong.

insecure LOL.

that sounds so bad.
    Last edited by GodThor; 09-22-2020 at 01:54 AM.

BANNED

Also i just listened to the video and there is so much wrong with that they are saying, i have to imagine even they are aware of this but they intentionally are saying this stuff to kick up the hornets nest to get people to debate to draw attention, etc...

But one thing that annoys me that i see a lot is "Storm is an Omega level mutant therefore there is no upper limit to her powers" this is absolute BS. EVERY character with the exception of perhaps TOAA has a limit to their power, characters like Storm have a much lower limit than any cosmic entity, this is just a fact.

As a Hulk fan in the comics it was mentioned over half a dozen times that Hulk has infinite strength, Hulk has limitless strength, Hulks strength is incalculable, he has had this statements said about him more than any other character and let me tell you it's all obviously nonsense, it's just to hype up the character it's just to make the reader excited. Hulk has a limit, his limit is very, very high for a character of his level which is why to Earth based character and weaker cosmic entities it comes of as impressive when this dumb green brute has physical strength that they haven't seen in characters of that level but that by no means indicates that the character has infinite strength.

So i am calling BS on Storm having no upper limit or us not knowing the limit of her lightning powers, we have seen limits of her powers plenty of times in the comics, it's whenever her lighting has failed to defeat an enemy which has happened a plethora of times already. If there was no limit to her lighting, she would take her place as the ultimate cosmic entity and would be duking it out with TOAA over who is truly limitless in their power.

The logic they are using is the same logic that Screwattack has used for Superman that has been memed to death as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I'm surprised those "experts" can get something like this so wrong.

insecure LOL.

that sounds so bad.
    Aaron's taint will never go away. Much like how people think Thanos has no powers without the Infinity Gems.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Also i just listened to the video and there is so much wrong with that they are saying, i have to imagine even they are aware of this but they intentionally are saying this stuff to kick up the hornets nest to get people to debate to draw attention, etc...

But one thing that annoys me that i see a lot is "Storm is an Omega level mutant therefore there is no upper limit to her powers" this is absolute BS. EVERY character with the exception of perhaps TOAA has a limit to their power, characters like Storm have a much lower limit than any cosmic entity, this is just a fact.

As a Hulk fan in the comics it was mentioned over half a dozen times that Hulk has infinite strength, Hulk has limitless strength, Hulks strength is incalculable, he has had this statements said about him more than any other character and let me tell you it's all obviously nonsense, it's just to hype up the character it's just to make the reader excited. Hulk has a limit, his limit is very, very high for a character of his level which is why to Earth based character and weaker cosmic entities it comes of as impressive when this dumb green brute has physical strength that they haven't seen in characters of that level but that by no means indicates that the character has infinite strength.

So i am calling BS on Storm having no upper limit or us not knowing the limit of her lightning powers, we have seen limits of her powers plenty of times in the comics, it's whenever her lighting has failed to defeat an enemy which has happened a plethora of times already. If there was no limit to her lighting, she would take her place as the ultimate cosmic entity and would be duking it out with TOAA over who is truly limitless in their power.

The logic they are using is the same logic that Screwattack has used for Superman that has been memed to death as a result.
    Yeah, i think those Superman vs Goku videos made more harm than good to Supes character as they made him look like an invincible mary sue, which isn't the point of the character at all.

Then again, as a biased american superheroes fan, i get a little chuckle everytime Dragonball gets deconstructed.

lets just stay on topic pls xd

fans might get upset over a joke and turn that into a full fledged war.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrasher View Post
    that cover looks so funny and weird.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    that cover looks so funny and weird.
    Not a fan of the goth tinged version of Blake though

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Not a fan of the goth tinged version of Blake though
    First impression seeing the cover for Thor #10 was that Blake was giving off Nightmare vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Disaster View Post
    First impression seeing the cover for Thor #10 was that Blake was giving off Nightmare vibes.
    Maybe it's the Death God Walker in disguise.

BANNED

Well majority Marvel fans are X-Men, but to be fair it's not even a contest anymore that Thor will win with his All-Father's Power now.